Chapter 54 Alliance
2.4k 12 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Orc Disaster Geld is dead. I stand on his shoulders as his body falls forward, crashing into the ground and my body falls with him. His head rolls forward slightly before coming to a stop, surprisingly wearing an expression of tranquillity.

… Bloody hell, that’s creepy…

Moving on, I invoke [Predator] and unceremoniously consume Geld’s body including his head.

<<Report. Unique Skill [Starved] has been obtained. Would you like to fuse skill?>>

Go ahead.

<<Confirmed. Beginning fusing of Unique Skill [Starved] and Unique Skill [Predator]… Success. Unique Skill [Gluttony] has been acquired. Presence of a soul type skill has been confirmed, attempting to evolve Unique Skill [Gluttony]… Success. Ultimate Skill [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] has been acquired.>>

Huhuhu… Keikaku doori…

I'm joking, getting an extra Ultimate Skill was WAY out of my predictions. A welcome miscalculation, however.

To evolve into a True Demon Lord and gain an Ultimate Skill, a skill that can affect and collect souls is needed. [Merciless] is one such skill, and OG Rimuru gets Belzebuth after his evolution into a True Demon Lord after fusing Unique Skill [Gluttony] with Unique Skill [Merciless].

(A/N: This is my understanding of it, I'm pretty sure I'm not wrong but I welcome differing opinions.)

However, since I already have a skill that can affect souls, [Merciless] wasn’t needed. And that skill, [Illya, Heaven’s Feel], is an Ultimate Skill and can't be absorbed into [Gluttony], it simply evolved as it is without any drama.

At least… that’s what [Raphael]-sensei told me…

What? Did you think I could understand what the fuck happened without and assistance?

Yeah. Exactly.

I can't.

*Sniff*

Anyway. The fusing and evolving of the skills all happened in under a second. The goblins, wolves, kijin, orcs, lizardmen, cat and human all stand there looking at me in suspense.

Rimuru- “The Orc Disaster is no more. We have won!”

I raise my fist into the air and proclaim our victory. I try to look as valiant and opposing as I could while subtly flaring my [Lord’s Ambition]. The sun breaks the horizon behind me, making me glow and adding to my atmosphere. It seems it worked because everyone aside from the orcs burst out into cheers.

Mmm, that’s all good but… The fuck? Why is the sun appearing now? Didn’t the sun go down not that long ago? Or did time pass faster than I realise during the fight?

<<Report. The previous evening dusk happened approximately 5 hours ago.>>

The fuck!? What is this bullshit anime logic!? Veldanava, explain!

The goblins and lizardmen are cheering while patting each other’s backs and hugging each other. The wolves, led by Ranga, howl into the sky. The kijin look around at everything happening with a satisfied smile, and Mikoto is laughing and dancing while swinging Shizu around in her arms with a smile on her face.

Shizu- ‘Urp… I think I'm gonna be sick…’

It seems Mikoto is swinging her around a bit too much… Mikoto quickly realises and apologise while blushing from embarrassment while looking around to see if anyone saw her acting like that…

Well, she looked a bit cute.

Her eyes meet with mine and her face explodes in a shade of red, so she quickly turns around and awkwardly walks away.

Mmm. Cute.

The orcs, meanwhile, cried out in anguish and despair. Their conquest was over, the Orc Disaster died and the [Starved] Unique Skill released its hold over them. Now recalling their actions of cannibalism and other such disgraceful acts with a clear mind, they were overwhelmed with grief.

To them, I can only say one thing…

Get fucked lmao.

I'm joking, saying that would be too cruel for my heart.

And like that, the Orc Lord event ended.

Later in the day…

All of the representatives of all the races involved in this affair met up. We did this to decide what the fuck do we do now, cos I honestly have no fucking clue.

(A/N: We all don’t know what the fuck we’re doing, you ain't special.)

So the lizardmen are here being represented by the Lizardman Chief, his aides and Souka. The orcs are also here being led by Geld’s right-hand man/orc person, Treyni is also here as the caretaker of the forest, and there’s the kijin and me.

Well, I’ll be representing the kijin in a way since they already voiced their desires to serve me officially a while ago. Mikoto also wanted to join but this isn't exactly her thing, so she opted to stay out of this.

Since I was the one that took down the Orc Disaster, I was chosen to be the one to lead this conference. I have no idea what they’re all smoking to make that decision, but I'm not satisfied. Disregarding my past life, I'm barely a year old you know!? You guys are SO irresponsible!

Right now I'm sitting in the centre of the room in my slime form, sweating from nervousness. I mean, talking to people, in general, is something I've only barely gotten used to. But being chosen to lead a conference on this level is WAY out of my comfort zone. And so…

Cheatsheet! Help me out!

<<Understood. Executing task->>

No, not you. I meant this.

[Creation]!

And so, a plate of steaming hot meat buns appear.

The greatest cheatsheet in life…

<< ಠ_ಠ>>

The moment the meat buns appeared beside me, everyone stopped what they were doing and their eyes instantly snap to it. It’s a bit creepy.

Rimuru- “*Gulp* … Would you like som-“

Everyone- “YES.”

… *Sniff* I'm not used to this…

Anyway, after our unexpected meat bun snack, we all got started on the conference with a refreshed mind.

I speak up.

Rimuru- “Before anyone says anything, I just wanna say my piece and be done with this.”

And so, I explained to them my point of view. It’s basically the same as OG Rimuru’s opinion, in that we both wanted the orcs to be saved. Of course, he wanted to save the orcs wholly out of the kindness of his heart, while I have slightly more selfish intentions.

Having 200,000 men doing manual labour for you is honestly something very helpful. The orcs will fit the bill quite nicely.

Don’t get me wrong though, I also want to save the orcs out of the goodness of my heart, it’s just that I also want them to help out a little.

I mentioned that the orcs were dealing with famine, and it was at that time Gelmud came up to them and named Geld, causing the Orc Lord to be born. After that, Gelmud led the Orc Lord and all of his subordinates into the Jura Forest to cause some chaos.

In no way was this ENTIRELY the orc’s fault. Sure, some blame falls on them, but they’re not the only naughty guys.

And so, I appealed to everyone about an alliance.

The lizardmen could provide some food and water and the dryads and treants could make up for what the lizardmen are lacking. The goblins are living in a heavily sparse area, so the orcs could move there, and the orcs themselves could provide their physical resources.

Well, the orcs are getting the short end of the stick in this agreement, but honestly, the orcs couldn’t look happier. I guess I would be too if I was expecting to get executed but then someone speaks to defend you.

I was asked by the Lizardman Chief why am I doing this, but then I explained that I met the lingering spirit of the Orc Disaster as I ate his body, and I promised him to spare the orcs.

Did this actually happen?

Lmao nope. The dude was deader than dead when I ate him, I just gave them OG Rimuru’s story as an excuse.

So yeah, the Jura Forest Alliance was formed. I tried slipping away at this moment but Treyni still caught me and made me the leader of the alliance…

I need whatever they’re smoking…

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel] [Raphael, Lord of Wisdom] [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Unique Skills: [Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Wind] [Spatial Motion] [Dark Flame] [Control Particles]

Tolerances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, Harpe

 

A/N: I want to change the cover pic...

MC: But why?

AN: To bait horny readers.

MC: Oh makes sense.

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/DFUQMtJK

83