Chapter 55 Revival
2.4k 10 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now, another problem lies before me… reviving everyone.

Actually, not so much of it being a problem, I just don’t feel like doing it right now. Alas, I must.

A day after the whole conference deal, I gathered the conference members once more with Mikoto and Shizu included to break them the news.

Rimuru- “So yeah Imma revive everyone lol.”

And then the world exploded.

I'm joking, it didn’t actually.

But the lizardmen, orcs, and even Treyni herself are looking at me with a face saying “wtf is this little shit talking about”.

Taking that as my queue to speak, I vaguely explain what I'm going to do.

Rimuru- “So I collected the souls of everyone who died in this war, and I have a skill that can let me create things from other things. So I could make new bodies for everyone who died before shitting- I mean, dumping the souls back into them, therefore reviving them…”

And now they all have a face saying “Oooooh…” as they try to process what I just said.

Rimuru- “Anyway, I’ll just go ahead and-“

Lizardmen/Orcs/Treyni- “E-EEEEEHHHHH!?!?!?!?”

And there it is. I was wondering where their shock went too. Maybe the weed they were smoking yesterday is still hitting hard.

Who knows.

Meanwhile, the kijin are nodding their heads with a “Sasuga Rimuru-sama” expression and Mikoto and Shizu just look at each other and sigh.

So I continued outside to where the battle took place while explaining that there are certain conditions for reviving someone. One of them being that I have to be nearby when someone died for me to revive them. I don’t tell them any specifics though.

We arrive in front of a large open space. Due to all the commotion and large scale spells and skills made yesterday, the water is mostly evaporated. It will turn into a marshland again within a week, but for now, this is perfect.

I, for one, would not like to wake up after being just recently revived from the dead in a fucking puddle of muddy water.

Rimuru- “You guys might wanna stand back a bit.”

They’re already standing back far enough, I just wanted to say that.

*Ahem*

Let’s get started.

[Creation]!

The magicules lying dormant within my body suddenly move and spill out from within me.

*WHOOM!*

An overwhelming pressure roars from within me as my magicules form a visible aura reaching high into the skies. The ground cracks beneath me from the sheer physical pressure I am creating and my clothes and hair rise, as if no longer being affected by gravity.

Even as this is happening, it is all being contained with the glowing runes I inscribed onto plates of metal and thrown around me.

Yes, I could perfectly control my magicules thanks to [Heaven’s Feel] so I don’t need the runes. Why did I just let everything spill from within me then?

To show off, obviously. Why else would I do something like this?

<<…>>

I love you too [Raphael]. Now help me with these calculations, reviving a whole 70,000 orcs and lizardmen at once while simultaneously shitting their souls into their bodies is something out of my mental capabilities.

<<Understood.>>

And like that, with [Raphael]’s help, my magicules flowing into the air begin to move with a purpose. Bodies of orcs and lizardmen begin to form from motes of light. If you didn’t notice that they weren’t breathing, you would think they were sleeping.

Of course, I also made sure to give them clothes. Ain't nobody wanna see their junk.

After 70,000 or so bodies were created, the most important part of the process begins.

The shitting.

*Inhale*…

[Heaven’s Feel]!

*THOOM!*

The magicules rush out of me at an even faster pace than before, the runes containing my magicules and making sure it doesn’t kill everyone from the pressure begin to glow even brighter to counteract the force. But no one notices.

Instead, all of their eyes are locked onto me.

At this point, even my whole body begins to float. A hazy misty visual effect begins to lightly surround me.

*Clap!*

I clap my hand in front of me before opening them slightly. From within, a small light appears. Then, I spread my arms wide, causing the light to brighten and split into thousands of ghost-like meat buns, all of them rushing to a body.

Yeah, I made their souls look like meat buns. Fuck you, that’s why.

Seeing all this happen, I smile.

I mean, making all these souls look like meat buns is a little funny.

-----

(Mikoto POV)

Rimuru is in the middle of reviving all of the orcs and lizardmen. Standing with me are the kijin, a few of the orcs with the Orc Lord’s right-hand man leading them, the Lizardman Chief and his close associates including his daughter, and Treyni herself. And right now, they’re all looking at Rimuru with shock and awe written all over their faces.

I just look at them and chuckle to myself. Despite how Rimuru acts, I know he’s hiding some things. I don’t know exactly what, but I know for sure he’s much stronger than he ever let on.

What’s going on in front of me just confirms it.

It makes me feel a little odd, knowing he doesn’t entirely trust me yet… well, I'm sure that will change. One day.

Shizu- ‘Is something wrong?’

Shizu, who I'm holding in my arms, looks up at me and asks me a question with a slightly concerned face.

Mikoto- ‘Hmm? No, everything’s fine. Why?’

I reply to Shizu with my own [Thought Communication].

Shizu- ‘You looked a bit sad for a moment.’

Hmm? Did I feel sad? When? Was it when I was thinking Rimuru didn’t trust me…?

N-no way… I mean, sure, we haven’t met long enough to share everything about each other, but… I guess I do feel… a little disappointed…

I mean, he's helped me with the Sisters ordeal... and he's been doing a lot more things for me, like letting me stay with him, and always spending time with me... And letting me... h-hug...

I feel my face heating up slightly, so I just hug Shizu more and lower my head.

Eventually, I look up once more to see Rimuru continuing to revive the lizardmen and orcs.

*Clap!*

He claps his hands before opening them slightly, gently holding a small light within. He then spreads his arms wide as the small light brightens and splits into thousands of motes of light, all rushing to a body lying on the ground.

Hmm? Now that I look closer, are those little balls of light… meat buns?

I involuntarily smile at this. It’s… just like him.

I see Rimuru softly smiling as he watches all of the meat bun’s, who I assume to be individual souls, sink into the chests of their new bodies.

I feel my heart beat a little faster and my face heats up even more.

Stopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstop!

Arhhh!

I don’t know anymore!

Meanwhile, Shizu looks up at Mikoto as she continues to shake her head with a heavy blush.

Seeing this, she thinks to herself.

‘Mmm. Must be chlamydia.’

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel] [Raphael, Lord of Wisdom] [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Unique Skills: [Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Wind] [Spatial Motion] [Dark Flame] [Control Particles]

Tolerances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, Harpe

 

A/N: Lemme know how this chapter went please. I wanted to write a little more romance, so here it is. 

MC: I'd say it's good. You're not rushing things too much I'd say... maybe?

AN: Also let me know what you think about the cover change. I can change it back to the old one if no one likes it, so let me know what you think.

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/rTPBXdMB

83