Chapter 56 More names
2.4k 10 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And so, I finished reviving everyone. By the time I finished, Mikoto already left. I wasn’t really paying attention, so I don’t know why. I’ll ask her later.

Meanwhile, everyone else watching are awed. I guess I did a pretty good job then.

The lizardmen and orcs are shocked at knowing I could do something like this. Meanwhile Ranga, the kijin and Treyni are more admiring the light show more than being stunned. I mean, they are aware I'm way stronger than I show.

Treyni has an idea because she’s the overseer of the whole forest, there’s barely anything going on here that escapes her eye. She can't peek into the experimental area thanks to the runes I placed, but with the multitude of knowledge she gets from everywhere else, she can make a vague guess.

As for Ranga, Benimaru, Hakurou, Soei, Shion and Shuna, it’s more on the level of blind belief.

And so, while the newly revived lizardmen and orcs were jumping about in joy at being given a second chance, I took the kijin aside to talk to them alone.

Rimuru- “I'm sorry. I can't revive your village. I didn’t collect their souls.”

I bow to the kijin and apologise for my lacking brain cells.

Benimaru- “Rimuru-sama, please stand up-“

Shuna- “Stand up straight.”

Benimaru walks forward to lift me up but Shuna beats him to it. She didn’t move or anything. Instead, in a tone more domineering than her brother’s, she speaks 3 simple words. Hearing her talk in that tone, I involuntarily stop bowing and look at her with confusion.

Shuna- “You are our leader and saviour. Regardless of what happened or what your intentions were, you saved many of our lives. If not for you, most, if not all of us would have died on that day. I never expected nor wished for the revival of our village. We are monsters. And for us, it’s survival of the fittest. We lost on that day, but at the same time, we were saved. I’ve had my revenge against the orcs and killed many of them. And so, I… am satisfied. And I think I can speak for everyone when I say that.”

Shuna makes an enthralling speech. At first, everyone, Benimaru especially, was surprised at Shuna changing from her usual calm and cute self into a more dominant attitude. But eventually, they nodded their heads at the end, agreeing with every word she said.

Benimaru- “She’s not wrong, you know.”

Soei- “Indeed. I am your shadow, and we all have our positions under you. Regardless of your actions, we look up to you and serve you.”

Hakurou- “Mmm. Furthermore, we all grew stronger thanks to you…”

Shion- “And we’ll use that strength to make sure it doesn’t happen again!”

I look at each of the kijin as they look towards me with respect and reverence and not a hint of regret, sadness or anger.

I involuntarily smile, turn around and continue walking.

Rimuru- “Honestly… I don’t think I deserve subordinates like you…”

The kijin look towards each other with a smile and follow after me.

A few minutes later, I catch one of the orcs wearing a black cloak standing to the side, waiting for us, or rather, the kijin. This orc is the new orc leader that was chosen and the one mainly representing the orc race during the conference.

I have a feeling I know what’s going to happen, so I just continue walking.

Rimuru- “I think that orc wants to talk to you. Hear him out.”

Benimaru- “Understood…”

The orc lowers the hood of his cloak and bows deeply as I walk past. He then stands up and turns his attention to the kijin who stopped walking to hear what he has to say.

Orc- “I know… that hatred isn't something easily discarded… For what we o-orcs have done to your village…”

The orc begins to stutter on his words before falling to his hands and knees.

Orc- “Please, take my head and spare my brethren! I know this isn't fair, but I beg for your mercy! Please be satisfied with my life alone!”

The orc begs while breathing heavily due to nervousness, waiting for his death. The kijin look towards each other.

Meanwhile, I stop listening in using [Universal Perception]. With Shuna’s speech just prior to this, I know Benimaru and the others will make the right decision.

And so, I continue walking with a slight smile.

A few hours later, I come across yet another daunting task…

Naming the orcs… all 200,000 of them…

Fuck me. I'm really starting to miss those times when I could just procrastinate things…

Well, nothing special is going to happen, let’s just get this started.

And so, I named all the orcs.

In the beginning, the orc leader walks up to me to be named. It seems Benimaru and the others decided to spare him… that’s good…

Rimuru- “You will inherit the Orc Lord’s will and lead the orcs. Therefore you will inherit his name too. Your name will be Geld, use it with pride and majesty.”

Tears threaten to spill out of his eyes, but he holds them back. He kneels and shouts.

Geld- “My loyalty is forever yours, Rimuru-sama!”

And I just nod with a smile. And then my smile strained as I see the long line of orcs behind him…

Once again, fuck me…

Rimuru- “Your name will be Kazuma.”

Kazuma- “Hai, Kazuma desu…”

Rimuru- “You will be called Shirou.”

Shirou- “People die when they are killed…”

Rimuru- “And you will be called Jeff.”

Jeff- “My nem Jeff.”

I continue to tediously name the orcs. I'm using the magicules left in their bodies from their time under the effects of the Orc Lord’s [Starved] skill. The magicules are slowly dissipating, but I consume it with [Gluttony] and reuse it to name them.

Why didn’t I name them with my own magicules, you ask? Well, I didn’t want them to be intensely loyal to me. They all see me as their benefactor, especially after reviving many of them. However, they still need to spread out over the whole forest.

If I name them with my own magicules, they will see me as their ‘parent’ and will become intensely loyal to me. I can't look after ALL of them, therefore I won't use my own magicules for most of them.

Of course, I used my own magicules for Geld and for those who specifically wished to directly serve me, which were around 2000-3000 orcs.

Meanwhile, Orc Jeff walks away with a satisfied smile on his face. He got a good name after all.

Suddenly, he stops. His Jeff senses are tingling. He turns his head and his eyes turn sharp. There, he meets a goblin also looking at him with sharp eyes and highly defined facial features.

And they just stare at each other. Internally, they both think the same thing…

‘This guy… is strong!’

And so, they begin walking towards each other with menacing characters appearing out of nowhere.

Goblin Jeff- “My nem Jeff (Ho, you’re approaching me?)”

Orc Jeff- “My nem Jeff (I can't talk to you without getting closer.)”

Goblin Jeff- “My nem Jeff (Oh ho, then come as close as you’d like…)”

And so, the Jojo reference continues to get overused…

Anyway, back to me.

I had [Raphael] randomly generate names for all of the orcs so I don’t have to waste any more of my already scarce brain cells.

I ended up taking the whole day to name all the orcs. It would have taken several times longer if I didn’t get bored and decide to speed things up with my [Enhanced Replication] clones.

In the end, all the orcs evolved into High Orcs overnight (still don’t know how they fucking do it) and Geld evolved into an Orc King.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention, the rest of the wolves under Ranga evolved into Spatium Star Wolves following Ranga’s evolution.

More fluff…

I wonder where Mikoto went to though?

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel] [Raphael, Lord of Wisdom] [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Unique Skills: [Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Wind] [Spatial Motion] [Dark Flame] [Control Particles]

Tolerances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, Harpe

 

A/N: They say Orc Jeff and Goblin Jeff never closed the gap as reality itself desperately tries to keep them apart.

MC: B-but why...?

AN: Because the ensuing battle would shatter the world and collapse the universe...

MC: Impossible! Is there any way to stop this!?

AN: There is... once must distract them from each other...

MC: But can they even be distracted?

AN: No... unless...

MC: *Gulp...*U-unless...

AN: Unless... YOU DONATE TO MY PATREON! I'M ONLY RELEASING CHAPTERS ON THERE FROM NOW ON! SUCK MY DIC-

Im joking. Im not pulling a GhostyZ on you. I also don't have a patreon. 

Oh yeah btw I'll also keep the current cover pic.

Let me know if I missed anything!

Also consider giving me some meat buns to distract Orc Jeff and Goblin Jeff!

78