Chapter 57.5 What if…
2.3k 11 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

14 years after I found Mikoto in the forest…

Things are going quite smoothly.

I'm still wandering around the world except for this time I have company in the form of a small loli girl. That’s right, it’s my adoptive daughter.

She’s now around 14 years old and she has grown into a wonderful lass. She doesn’t have much in the body department, however, her looks more than make up for it. Even now, I can tell she will grow into a country toppling beauty.

She short silver-coloured hair and round tea-coloured eyes. Her hair aside, her eyes bear a striking resemblance to the person I named her after, my waifu from my past life Mikoto Misaka.

Of course, she’s not Mikoto herself. I know that. She’s a different person. For one, she isn't a tsundere, and she’s quite honest with her feelings.  And two… well, her wolf ears on her head are a good reminder…

Yeah, Mikoto is a demihuman. A wolf beastman, to be exact.

Anyway, I continued to travel across the world while also raising Mikoto. I did some more searching and found out that she belonged to the Silverwolf clan. They’re a clan of fighters that descended from a silver-haired wolf type beastman fighter that used to be in the same party as the previous hero.

Apparently, she found an Ego Weapon by the name of Beowulf and became one of the strongest people in the world. I vaguely remember something like that, it was during my early years…

Well, it gets hard to remember things that happened over 300 years ago… Immortality is a bitch like that. Thank god I know other people with immortality so it isn't entirely lonely during these long centuries.

Anyway, that clan of fighters ended up becoming quite the big shot in this world. They prided themselves in birthing only superior fighters.

However… Mikoto was born. They found that her body was weak, and they couldn’t change it. In the end, not wanting to tarnish their reputation, she was abandoned… until I found her.

And now, she’s a cheerful little squirt.

Mikoto- “Otou-san! Wake up!”

Mikoto yells while struggling to take my blanket off me.

Never mind, she’s an annoying little squirt.

???-“Leave me alone…”

I grab onto the blanket like it’s my lifeline and hold onto it for dear life. Meanwhile, Mikoto also pulls back with all her strength, even leaning back and adding her own weight to it.

Normally, she would never be able to contend with my strength, but…

I look at her arms that have a slightly hazy effect.

Mmm. It seems she’s using Body Strengthening magic quite well. She’s gotten better…

Well, I'm awake now, I don’t need to keep sleeping.

And like that, I let go, and Mikoto, not thinking I would just let go like that, ended up flying back.

???- “Hah. Serves you right for disturbing my sleep.”

Mikoto- “Are you a child!?”

I look at her lacking chest, before looking at her face with an expression that says “Really?”

Mikoto quickly covers her chest with a red face.

Mikoto- “Otou-san no BAKAAAA!”

She yells out loud before running out of my room. Thankfully I set up the house in the middle of the forest or I would soon be dealing with angry neighbours.

Anyway, I continue about my day trying to appease to an angry pouting Mikoto while still thinking about random things. Thankfully, she quickly mellowed down.

Mikoto used to have a weak body, but it was not because of a physical problem… it’s just that her mana pool is so large that her body became saturated with it to the point that it poisoned her.

In the end, I made a mana absorbing necklace for her and she was able to grow up into a healthy young girl. After a while, her body grew to the point that it could barely contain her full mana without any deficiencies, and so I taught her magic after that.

That Silverwolf clan are fucking idiots. I mean…

Mikoto- “Thundersprites shock!”

*B-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!*

She is an absolute prodigy in magic. Lightning magic, to be exact. It’s just a shame that the magic lightning in this world is purple, and not a white-blue colour. If it was, then it would look visually similar to my waifu…

With her insane mana pool and an even more insane mana regen, she could fire off Alpha tier magic one after the other without rest for an entire day. Alpha tier! Just a single one of those spells could level the capital city of a large kingdom!

Anyway, Mikoto and I were just clearing out a nest of dragons. They’re just low tier dragons, so they’re nothing much to Mikoto, so I let her deal with it.

Mikoto- “Otou-san! I did it!”

Mikoto runs up to me with a large smile on her face and her wolf tail wagging left and right at an insane speed.

No, seriously. Even with my kinetic vision that can keep up with agility based gods, it looks like there are two tails. Sometimes three.

Mikoto is amazing in some weird ways…

I pat Mikoto’s head with a smile. Honestly, she’s probably the only one who can take out a whole nest of lesser dragons with a Theta tier spell like Thundersprites Shock and not care in the slightest.

Granted, she’s wearing gear I personally made, but they’re just there to help attract more spirits and increase attack speed. She didn’t use her power-boosting artefacts.

Those Silverwolfs would be kicking themselves if they saw this… Damn, now I kinda just wanna show her off to them…

But… I can't. Today is the day.

I kneel down with one knee and look Mikoto in the eye.

???- “Mikoto…”

Mikoto- “Hmm? Is something wrong, Otou-san?”

I smile. Honestly, even if she may hate my guts, she would eventually forget about it and act like a spoiled child.

???- “I'm leaving on a journey. This time, you’re not coming with me.”

I say solemnly.

Mikoto- “Eh!? Why!?”

Her tail and ears drop down and I involuntarily pat her head.

???- “You need to learn to stand by yourself. But don’t worry, I'm not leaving forever.”

I place a compass in her hand.

???- “This compass will always point towards me.”

Yes, that’s right, I'm leaving Mikoto behind. I've come to love this girl as my own daughter, and it honestly hurts to part with her, but as you can see, she’s quite dependant on me. I guess that’s my fault, but this is also punishment for me.

???- “Once you find me again, I’ll consider your confession.”

She confessed to me. Yes, a love-filled confession for marriage.

Don’t get me wrong, I did nothing to make her fall in love with me. Sure, I slept with her when she was little, but as soon as she hit 5 years of age, I banished her to the shadow realm-

*Cough!*

I banished her from my room and had her sleep alone. I made sure to never touch her too much besides hugs and headpats like a normal parent, and I trained her quite extensively too.

Even so… I underestimated her status as a reincarnator. Her previous life’s memories made her quite mature for her age, and she was just in the middle of searching for love when she died and became reborn here.

And so, my actions… attracted her romantic love.

She confessed.

And I immediately rejected her.

Surprisingly, she continued to persist, but I always kept my distance to that of a parent and child. However… she’s grown on me.

And thus, the deal I'm proposing now.

Mikoto clutches the compass to her chest, looking at it with a lonely gaze, before looking back at me with resolution.

Mikoto- “Understood. I’ll make you proud!”

I wryly smile to myself, before disappearing, my voice echoing in the winds.

Arata- “I’ll be waiting…”

And so began the journey of Mikoto, the self-professed wife of the greatest man in the world and the woman who will soon be known worldwide as the Lightning Princess.

Honestly… what a troublesome daughter.

I smile to myself while thinking that as I once again release my divinity that I've sealed for several decades.

I'm going to kill a few gods that would fall in love with Mikoto and attempt to force her to become theirs. I should be done in a week. Seeing the future like this is really convenient…

 

A/N: I cringed slightly while writing this.

I wonder if I should just stop this. I didnt intend for this to become some kind of series after all.

I mean, I might just end up writing a new type of 'What if?' stories.

Like... What if MC got reincarnated as a sentient sword and a cute girl wielded him or something? I mean, a cute girl can always wield MY sword... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

73