Chapter 58 Traitors
2.4k 8 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And so, I along with over 3000 other monsters arrive back home in under an hour without having to walk the entire distance on foot.

Couldn’t I have just done this to travel to the marshlands in the first place? Pfft, don’t ask too much from my brain cells.

But I'm still very thankful my Crest of Space can let me do things like this.

As the orcs continued to file through the large portal, I decided to just continue heading back to town. Upon arrival, I became swarmed by the residents who stayed behind, asking for news about what happened.

It’s not like they even had the slightest thought about us losing, it’s more on the lines of wanting to hear what exactly went down.

And so, while the kijin worked with Geld to sort out the rest of the orcs, I decided to take this chance and spread epic tales of my glorious battle.

Rimuru- “… And so, while I was covered in blood, I continued to stand up to the Orc Lord doing my best to protect my fallen soldiers. Oh, and at this point, the Orc Lord has already evolved into an Orc Disaster- NO! An Orc Apocalypse! Yeah. This guy could take down Demon Lords with just an arm- NO! A single finger! I was at the ends of my ropes… but then… a SUPER busty dragon cat loli hybrid goddess appears and declares me her husband and heals me while giving me a boost to my strength, and so began round 16 of our fight.”

???- “Rimuru-sama! You’re so brave!”

???- “So cool, Rimuru-sama!”

???- “You’re so amazing, Rimuru-sama!”

While I was having a blast telling stories about my bravery in the war, I feel a burning sensation against my back. It’s not a physical feeling, it’s more of a spiritual one.

A spiritual attack!? Here of all places!?

I quickly scan the area with [Universal Perception] to locate my attacker, but what I sense quickly forces me into a cold sweat.

Mikoto- “What are you doing, Rimuru?”

(A/N: What are you doing step-bro?)

Mikoto appears behind me without my knowledge while boring a hole into me with her stare. Amazing, she can easily deal spiritual damage to someone just by looking at them. As expected of the woman I fell in love with.

Wait, now’s not the time.

[Raphael]! What happened! Why didn’t you tell me Mikoto was there!?

<<Notice. She had no hostile intentions.>>

You did that on purpose, didn’t you!?

<<…>>

Traitor!

*Gulp*

Rimuru- “Ah… Ahahaha… hahahah…”

I nervously laugh as a puddle of sweat pools under me. How I can sweat is beyond me, so I’ll just chalk it up to bullshit anime logic.

Mikoto- “Come with me…”

And so, I ended up getting dragged away by the back of my collar.

I look around to see if there’s anyone that could help me. The orcs are still being sorted out and the kijin are helping with that. Ranga is sleeping within my shadow and I don’t wanna disturb him since he’s worked hard, the other goblin riders have also split…

And Shizu… I don’t know where Shizu is…

Elsewhere…

Shizu is in the middle of some demonic ritual as she slowly scratches a couch to shreds.

Shizu- ‘I offer this to you, Lord Yoruichi. May you bless this lowly one…’

???- ‘Very well… I shall accept.’

A red light shines on Shizu.

Shizu- ‘Kukuku… Hahaha. AHAHAHAHA- *Cough!* Hairball…’

Shizu hacks up a small hairball before burning it with her control over fire and slowly walks away. As for what just happened, no one will ever know. Not even the author…

Back to Rimuru.

Yeah, for some reason I think not knowing where Shizu is right now is a good thing.

And so, I turn to the hundreds of people that were just surrounding me with sparkling eyes as they were enthralled with my story…

*Clap!*

They all simultaneously lower their heads, close their eyes and clap their hands in front of them in prayer.

Everyone- ‘May you rest in peace…’

*Sniff*

Traitors! All of you!

In the end, I was made to give everyone the truth of what actually happened. At least Mikoto didn’t run away from me or anything… that’s probably not a good thing though…

Rest in peace, the Epic of Rimuru and the Orc Apocalypse.

Several days later…

The orcs very quickly learned their jobs. As a consequence, the town experienced a construction boom.

Kaijin was very happy with this, as this gave him more time for stuff that he’s more rather do like researching and refining his craftsmanship further. He and Kurobe are quite similar like this…

The construction area was completely mapped out and the orcs immediately got to work. Sewerage systems ran all over the place as pathways were laid down and buildings began to be built at breakneck speeds.

Of course, before anything could get underway, I stepped in.

I didn’t like the design of everything.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not bad or anything, it’s just… not unique. It’s these general medieval-style buildings all over the place and it gets quite monotone. Especially since it’s basically the same all over the world except in rather unique places.

So, to make a rather unique building style to proclaim ‘This is Rimuru’s town!’, I quickly intervened.

Specifically, I had [Raphael] draw up some building plans and designs before handing them all off to Geld and the orcs under him. These designs were specifically designed by [Raphael] using my desires as a base to make a rather stylish, sturdy and most importantly easy to build design.

These buildings will eventually make this place a modern fantasy city of dreams. It’s really stoking my inner weeb. I can't wait to see it all finished.

I could just make everything myself, but I honestly can't be fucked. Plus, I have Geld and his small army of 3000 orcs to do things for me. I might as well use them, right? Plus, as of now, we have nowhere near enough residents to use even 5% of those buildings, so…

Slow and steady wins the race.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel] [Raphael, Lord of Wisdom] [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Unique Skills: [Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Wind] [Spatial Motion] [Dark Flame] [Control Particles]

Tolerances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, Harpe

 

A/N: Next chapter is a bit more 'serious', just a heads up.

MC: *Shivering in the corner*

AN: What's wrong?

MC: W-what the fuck happened with Shizu!? What was that!?

AN: Ah, that. Dont mind it, I just added it for fun. It's not a plot point or anything... maybe? Unless I change my mind. But at this point, no. It's not a plot point, it's just there for fun.

MC: Oh ok. I thought she was blessed by some sexy demonic god.

AN: Oh she was.

MC: Fucking WHAT!?

Shizu: Nyaaa~

MC: *Ungodly scream*

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/DFUQMtJK

71