Chapter 68 Gazel is popular?
2k 6 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm walking through the forest talking with Gazel more about the spar we just had. Following behind us are approximately 500 Pegasus Knights. Of course, we’re not walking on foot, but rather we’re all on our separate mounts casually moving through the forest.

I mean, you can't expect a king to walk back to town on foot, can you? Especially since it’s quite a distance away. And so everyone is riding their respective pegasus while I am on Ranga.

No, I didn’t forget about him during the spar… really.

And although I say “casually moving through the forest”, it’s more like Ranga trying to assert his dominance against the prideful pegasi by always moving a bit faster while the Pegasus themselves are also trying to show this crass wolf his place which eventually ended up in a full-blown race between the white wolf and the 500 white pegasi.

Not that anyone is saying anything.

Specifically, it’s because Gazel and I are extremely casual about this while the knights themselves are holding on for dear life.

Meanwhile, the knights themselves were thinking…

Knights- ‘Why are our pegasi moving so much faster than their time during training!? What the hell is even going on!?’

Gazel- “Still, I am surprised you managed to block my Haze of Rumbling Heavens. Quite impressive!”

… What the fuck is with that chuuni name?

Rimuru- “Hmm? Ah, that move. True, I did have some trouble with it.”

I'm not exactly lying. Haze of Rumbling Heavens was a move Gazel used that caused him to instantly appear in front of me striking at me from below before immediately switching to an overhead strike with extreme speed, almost as if there are two strikes at once.

Of course with [Universal Perception] I could deal with it. Not only that…

Rimuru- “Well, it’s a move my teacher used on me quite often.”

Specifically, it’s the move Hakurou would use whenever he wants to beat my ass into the ground.

I remember Gazel also learning the sword under Hakurou a couple of hundred years ago, so I made sure to watch out for that move.

Gazel- “Hmm? Your teacher… It wouldn’t happen to be-“

Rimuru- “The Sword Ogre? Yeah. Although I named him and he goes by Hakurou now.”

Gazel because incredibly surprised at that.

Gazel- “Then that must mean you are my brother under the same teacher!”

Gazel was really happy learning that I was under Hakurou’s tutelage. Since Hakurou wasn’t named at the time, he simply went by the title of ‘Sword Ogre’. And since Gazel doesn’t know his new name I called him by his old title.

Gazel- “Remember to call me Elder Brother, got it? Gahaha!”

He’s getting quite the kick out of it. I just smile as my lips twitch. Just you wait! I’ll show you who’s the Elder Brother! Just give me a few decades!

Eventually, we reach town and Ranga and the pegasi finished their race with the latter learning how foolish it is to challenge a Spatium Star Wolf to a race. Ranga ended up having this smug smile for the rest of the day while his steps had flair and purpose.

Waiting for us at the edge of town are Benimaru, Shion, Hakurou, Soei, Rigurd, Kaijin, Mikoto and Shizu on Mikoto’s head.

Soei quickly noticed the large force approaching town but I notified him that everything is fine through [Thought Communication].

At my request, he gathered everyone aside from Shuna and Kurobe as they’re busy with Shuna making new clothes and Kurobe making new weapons.

Mikoto looks at Ranga’s smug attitude and looks at me with a confused face and a raised eyebrow.

Damn, she’s so cute.

Wait, not now.

I just nod to her, gesturing that I’ll explain everything.

Gazel looks at the waiting group before quickly noticing Hakurou and Kaijin causing him to unmount his Pegasus and walk up to them.

Kaijin runs forward and kneels respectfully.

Kaijin- “It’s a pleasure to see you again.”

Gazel nods at Kaijin and answers with an ever-so-faint smile.

Gazel- “It’s been a long time, Kaijin. What do you say about serving under me again?”

Rimuru- “Oi, Gazel! Don’t go poaching my subordinates like that!”

I walk up from behind Gazel with a teasing smile on my face.

Gazel- “Gahahaha!”

Gazel just laughs it off and turns to Hakurou. Meanwhile, Kaijin was frozen due to not keeping up with the fact that we just talked to each other like old friends.

Gazel- “Are you the Sword Ogre?”

Hakurou- “Hmm? Ah, that little boy from way back when? I was wondering why you had such a familiar feeling. It turns out you grew into such a fine man!”

Hakurou, you sound like an old grandma praising her grandson after not seeing him for a while…

*Shing!*

Gazel and Hakurou keep talking to each other while I slowly back away with cold sweat as I catch the falling piece of cloth from the collar of my clothes.

Hakurou is scary…

Time continues to pass and we all eventually find ourselves in the high-class resort connected to the hot spring.

The knights are off god knows where and only everyone who greeted us at the edge of town earlier today is here including Kurobe and Shuna.

We all had a nice relaxing bath and now we’re unwinding with food and drinks courtesy of Shuna in an open-aired room wearing hot spring yukatas also courtesy of Shuna.

No, I didn’t go in with the women.

:(

Gazel officially explained the reason for his meeting, letting everyone know the reason for his visit while I then explained what happened after I gave everyone that “Gonna go for a walk” [Thought Communication] message and teleported in front of Gazel.

Mikoto- “Rimuru… you are an idiot. What would’ve happened if they were hostile?”

Mikoto plainly stated while looking at me.

I just smile warmly at her.

Mikoto- “W-what?”

RImuru- “Nothing. I just feel happy knowing that you worry for me.”

That causes Mikoto to immediately break out in a shade of red.

Mikoto- “W-who’s worried about you!?”

Classic tsundere reply.

I love teasing this woman.

Furthermore, she looks beautiful in her hot spring yukata.

Gazel just rubs his chin while looking at the two of us with a glint in his eye. After Mikoto ran off as a stuttering mess with steam rising from her head after my teasing, Gazel walked up to me and whispered.

Gazel- “You know, I was also pretty popular with women back in the day. If you need advice…”

He pats my back with a knowing look while I just smile at him with twitching lips.

“Popular” my ass!

This guy just wants to hear updates on the situation!

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel] [Raphael, Lord of Wisdom] [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Unique Skills: [Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Particles] [Dominate Space] [Control Natural Elements]

Tolerances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, Harpe

 

A/N: It's chapter 69 next chapter so it's gonna be an R18+ chapter. Furthermore it's double the length of the chapters I usually write, so praise me!

MC: Nice.

Meat Bun ROB: Nice.

Goblin Jeff: My nem Jeff (Nice).

Dio: Wryyyy...

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/6zDrRXSA

68