Chapter 70 Name of our nation
2.2k 17 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone is unwinding over food and drinks in the recently constructed resort right after getting out of the hot spring. This resort was quickly built at my request by the High Orcs and High Ogres.

As an aside, the High Ogres decided to join the High Orcs in construction around town, so now things are really speeding up.

Anyway, I was having a drink with Gazel when he suddenly looks at me with sharp eyes. Seeing this, I put down my drink and sit up properly. We’re about to have a serious talk.

If before Gazel was enjoying himself as my ‘Elder Brother’, now he is currently looking at me as the King of Dwargon.

Gazel- “Rimuru. There are a couple of important things I must talk to you about.”

I don’t say anything and just nod, signalling him to continue. I already have an idea of what he wants to talk about. This happened in the series after all.

The alliance between my nation and Dwargon.

Gazel- “First off, the most important one… I would like a supply of these ‘meat buns’ shipped to Dwargon every week!”

Rimuru- “Deal!”

Gazel- “Good! Now onto the less important subject. Rimuru, would you like to form a covenant with me? I ask you not as a fellow student of Hakurou, but as the king of my nation. You, the leader of the forest, are in an equal position with me.”

RImuru- “So, an alliance? Are you sure about this? It’s basically saying that we’re a proper fully-fledged nation.”

I'm simply asking for formalities at this point. As expected, Gazel didn’t hesitate to nod his head.

We fleshed out the details of the alliance. This was done quickly due to both of us knowing what we wanted and not really having any intention to trick the other into something dubious. Benimaru, Rigurd and surprisingly Shuna also gave a few pieces of advice.

In the end, the alliance turned out pretty much like how it did in the series.

A non-aggression treaty, assistance whenever the other nation is endangered, a road leading from my town to Dwargon, guaranteed safety for our citizens while in the other country, and technology sharing.

Of course, I added something of my own as well.

Rimuru- “I would also like for Dwargon to support us financially.”

That is my personal condition. I know the general events of the future and so I know that my town will eventually become a centre for trade throughout most of the world. However, as of right now, we have no money. And Dwargon is a rather rich nation, so…

Gazel- “Hmm, but isn't it a bit unfair towards us?”

Rimuru- “Haha! Gazel, I said this before but you can't fool me. I'm the one footing the bill for the road construction. It might be easy to make a road leading to Dwargon for us monsters, but I know that it would be a much harder challenge for you. Think of it like you’re just paying us for the job.”

Gazel stares at me but I don’t shy away and stare right back at him with a small smile on my face and a completely relaxed posture.

Gazel finally ended up breaking a smile of his own before chuckling.

Gazel- “Gahahaha! Rimuru, you really are an interesting slime! Very well, I accept. However, there is a limit to how much we can supply. I hope you understand that.”

Rimuru- “Don’t worry, we don’t need the money right now. Later on, we just need to borrow a small amount to get us off the ground when we start dealing with humans. After that… well, it shouldn’t be too straining on your coffers.”

I reassure Gazel while shaking hands with him, thus establishing the alliance.

Gazel- “By the way… What’s the name of your nation?”

I already have a name in mind, so I open my mouth to answer. But before I could…

Shion- “Let’s name it Rimuru!”

Let’s NOT do that, thank you.

I immediately shot Shion down, so she ended up feeling pretty bummed out. I felt a little bad so I turned into my slime form and jumped into her arms. Needless to say, she completely forgot about what just happened and enjoyed cuddling me.

Now, back to the name of the nation. I've already had this name in mind for a long time. I open my mouth and speak.

Rimuru- “The Meat Bun Kingdom!”

(A/N: THIS IS A JOKE, IGNORE THIS. IT’S NOT ACTUALLY GOING TO BE CALLED THE MEAT BUN KINGDOM.)

*Time rewinds a bit*

Rimuru- “The name of my nation will be Jugemu Jugemu Go-Kō-no-Surikire Kaijari-suigyo no Suigyō-matsu Unrai-matsu Fūrai-matsu Kū-Neru Tokoro ni Sumu Tokoro Yaburakōji no Burakōji Paipo Paipo Paipo no Shūringan Shūringan no Gūrindai Gūrindai no Ponpokopii no Ponpokonaa no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuke.”

Everyone stops talking and looks at me.

Hmm? Did I say something wrong?

Gazel- “Hoh? Jugemu Jugemu Go-Kō-no-Surikire Kaijari-suigyo no Suigyō-matsu Unrai-matsu Fūrai-matsu Kū-Neru Tokoro ni Sumu Tokoro Yaburakōji no Burakōji Paipo Paipo Paipo no Shūringan Shūringan no Gūrindai Gūrindai no Ponpokopii no Ponpokonaa no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuke, huh? A good name. It rolls of the tounge quite well…”

Gazel says while stroking his beard.

Shuna- “As expected of Rimuru-sama! To come up with Jugemu Jugemu Go-Kō-no-Surikire Kaijari-suigyo no Suigyō-matsu Unrai-matsu Fūrai-matsu Kū-Neru Tokoro ni Sumu Tokoro Yaburakōji no Burakōji Paipo Paipo Paipo no Shūringan Shūringan no Gūrindai Gūrindai no Ponpokopii no Ponpokonaa no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuke,  he really is our lord!”

Benimaru- “Indeed. Jugemu Jugemu Go-Kō-no-Surikire Kaijari-suigyo no Suigyō-matsu Unrai-matsu Fūrai-matsu Kū-Neru Tokoro ni Sumu Tokoro Yaburakōji no Burakōji Paipo Paipo Paipo no Shūringan Shūringan no Gūrindai Gūrindai no Ponpokopii no Ponpokonaa no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuke is quite a catching name as well. I'm sure many people will remember this name!”

Soei just nods off to the side. He really doesn’t talk, huh…

Hakurou- “To come up with a name such as Jugemu Jugemu Go-Kō-no-Surikire Kaijari-suigyo no Suigyō-matsu Unrai-matsu Fūrai-matsu Kū-Neru Tokoro ni Sumu Tokoro Ya Mum Gey no Burakōji Paipo Paipo Paipo no Shūringan Shūringan no Gūrindai Gūrindai no Ponpokopii no Ponpokonaa no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuke, the young really do surpass the old…”

Everyone is muttering about how such a good name it is. I knew I made the right decision.

Mikoto- “… Eh?”

Mikoto is dumbfounded. She’s just looking around at everyone as they get on the Jugemu Jugemu train, confused as to why everyone is accepting it.

Of course, it’s not like she thinks it’s a bad name or anything, but…

Mikoto- “Isn't it… I don’t know… a bit long?”

As expected of my voice of reason. True, it is quite long. Of course, I already have a solution.

RImuru- “Well, I'm only planning to have this one single town anyways, so we can just call it by the town name instead of the nation itself.”

Mikoto- “Oh, that’s why… So? What’s going to be the name of our town?”

I grin (mentally at least, I'm in slime form right now) and answer proudly.

Rimuru- “Avalon!”

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel] [Raphael, Lord of Wisdom] [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Unique Skills: [Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Particles] [Dominate Space] [Control Natural Elements]

Tolerances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, Harpe

 

A/N: So I was thinking for a name on what to call the town and Avalon popped up into my head. I think it's a good name, so let me know what you think.

MC: I don't know about you, but I personally really like the name. BOTH names, to be exact.

AN: Indeed, Jugemu Jugemu Go-Kō-no-Surikire Kaijari-suigyo no Suigyō-matsu Unrai-matsu Fūrai-matsu Kū-Neru Tokoro ni Sumu Tokoro Ya Mum Gey no Burakōji Paipo Paipo Paipo no Shūringan Shūringan no Gūrindai Gūrindai no Ponpokopii no Ponpokonaa no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuke took a lot of brain power to come up with.

MC: I can tell. It is such a masterful name...

AN: Also let me know if you catched the "Ya Mum Gey" I slipped in when Hakurou was saying Jugemu Jugemu Go-Kō-no-Surikire... FUCK my fingers are sore from always typing all that out...

MC: ... Couldn't you just... copy and paste?

AN: ...

MC: ...

AN: ... Shut up.

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/Sy8qcs5r

67