Chapter 71 Vesta got hired
2k 4 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So the covenant between me and Gazel was established and the next day, Gazel had to leave. Something about staying out of his country for too long causing unrest within the citizens which could lead to the collapse of the kingdom if not dealt with.

Hah, boy I sure wouldn’t want to be the leader of a nation if you have to deal with shit like that…

Oh, wait.

Anyway, Gazel said he would visit soon. And I know he said that and I was kind of expecting this, but…

Rimuru- “…”

Gazel- “…”

Rimuru- “… You know, when you said would visit soon, I didn’t think that you would come back only 2 days later.”

Gazel- “Gahaha!”

Yes, it’s been 2 days since Gazel left. I mean, I WAS expecting this, but… Why is this man here so quickly!? Go home! Rest! In fact, did you even make it back to Dwargon!?

The Pegasus are fast, but… it took Ranga and his pack a few days to make it from here to Dwargon as a one-way trip. Granted, they’re faster now than they were then, but how fucking fast are those Pegasus!? Did Gabil give them some of that weed to dope them or something?

I need answers!

And something tells me Gazel wouldn’t tell me anything…

Rimuru- “*Sigh* So? What are you doing here?”

Gazel- “Well, I am here to give you a gift.”

He signals to one of his guards standing behind him. Said guard then takes a rather large object covered in a cloth from the back of his horse and threw it down in front of me.

There’s obviously a body inside it. I look towards Gazel.

Rimuru- “So you want me to help you with a murder?”

Gazel just gestures to the covered body again. The cloth becomes loose and reveals the body’s identity.

Dio- “KONO DIO DA!”

Say whaaaaat!?

*BEEP!*

*We are experiencing technical difficulties*

The cloth becomes loose and reveals the body’s identity.

Kaijin- “Vesta!?”

Kaijin, who was standing silently beside me not saying a word to interrupt his previous and current king, unintentionally reveals the identity of the man in the cloth to anyone who forgot about this minor character.

But yeah, this guy is Vesta. The man who got me kicked out of Dwargon the last time I went there. To be honest, I kinda forgot about him, so it’s not like I'm holding a grudge or anything.

Of course, I wanna show that I'm ruthless to any who disrespect me. Therefore, I will take up my mantle as the Nutcracker once again and deliver divine punishment.

Anyway, Vesta is wrapped up like a burrito and unconscious while Gazel continues to explain the situation.

Gazel- “So because it was Vesta who provoked you first which led to you getting kicked out o Dwargon, and he lied about it in court, I couldn’t keep him working under me any longer. However, he is quite talented and hardworking, so it would be a waste to have him rot in the corner. Therefore I'm giving him to you.”

Yup, exactly like in canon.

Gazel- “Vesta.”

Gazel turns to Vesta who is lying on the floor unconciou-

Vesta- “Yes?”

HOLY SHIT when did he wake up!?

This man is sitting upright on the floor paying attention to whatever Gazel says next.

Gazel- “You will now work under Rimuru. Serve him as you would me.”

Vesta gets on his knees and bows.

Vesta- “It shall be done, my lord.”

Vesta begins crying LIKE A WEAK ASS BITCH- *Cough!*

Vesta was crying because this is like a second chance to a man who thought he lost everything.

Vesta turns to me and Kaijin before bowing even deeper, nearing a kowtow.

Vesta- “Sir Kaijin, Sir Rimuru, I truly apologise for my actions. I beg of you to find it in yourselves to forgive me. Sir Rimuru, I promise to work hard and serve you to my utmost abilities. So please…”

My guy, I'm going to accept you no matter what, you don’t need to beg me. I mean, who am I going to dump all my work on if you’re not here? This man needs to research all the stuff I make and learn to create them without me so I don’t have to do it myself.

Rimuru- “Relax, you’re hired. But I do need you to do something for me first.”

Vesta- “Really!? I’ll do anything. Just say the word!”

Rimuru- “Great! Stand up and spread your legs for me!”

Gabil, who was walking by at this point in time, hears our conversation and looks towards us from a distance. Or more specifically, he looks towards Vesta.

His eyes fill with pity before he shakes his head and closes his eyes. He claps his hands together in front of him as he begins to pray to the Meat Bun God for this poor soul and what’s about to happen.

*Crack!*

That day, people heard the return of the dying banshee.

One Full Potion and Memory Wiping Rune Talisman later, Vesta became an official subordinate of mine.

He immediately got to work on researching things. I mainly had him work with Gabil in developing the Full Potions manually. Gabil and his dragonewt team would work on growing and harvesting the hipokute herbs while Vesta would work on processing it into a full potion.

I also had Vesta work on a few other minor things too. Specifically, I had him also work with Kaijin in developing other things that would help make life easier.

Magical items, to be exact. Things like showerheads, lights, toilets and other modern inspired stuff.

I don’t want my people shitting in holes in the ground, regardless if they’re regularly cleaned. I mean what if a Shinji Matou crawls out of one of them?

(A/N: For those who haven’t watched Fate, Shinji is a soy boy who acts like a young master in a cultivation novel. No one likes him.)

Anyway, I'm currently walking over to the experiment site. When I arrive, I see Mikoto also training herself. She’s dressed in her favourite slightly oversized beige duffel jacket but this time she’s wearing a red skirt that ends above her knees.

Currently, she’s trying to create electrical tendrils and have them extend as far as possible without breaking. Once she makes them reach 10 meters away from her while holding them for 5 seconds, she adds another electricity tendril.

It’s a training method from the book I gave her. This is meant to improve her control and efficiency.

I don’t say anything and just watch while leaning against a tree.

She’s standing there with eyes closed and her right arm outstretched, unmoving. However, all around her, arcs of electricity surround her. Each arc is slow-moving, different from electricity and lightning’s nature of speed. It gives the illusion that everything is moving in slow motion around her.

Her hair and clothes are slightly floating and waving around from the change in magnetism around her. Dust and small rocks are also calmly following the streaks of electricity extending from all points of Mikoto’s body.

The light of the electricity somehow only darkens the surroundings, making it seem like she’s glowing instead.

In my mind, I can only think of her as a Goddess of Lightning. Looking at her body, her face, her aura…

I can't help but fall for her more.

Not wanting to disturb her, I decided to turn around and leave. It’s not like I'm doing something destructive, so I don’t really NEED to be in the experimental site.

What am I doing, you ask?

Well… I have a few ultimate skills. I think it’s about high time I get a Manas.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters

Ultimate Skills: [Illya, Heaven's Feel] [Raphael, Lord of Wisdom] [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Unique Skills: [Creation] [Rune Master]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Particles] [Dominate Space] [Control Natural Elements]

Tolerances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, Harpe

 

A/N: Ok so some of you guys didn't like that MC Yuri 18+ chapter I wrote. Specifically, the fact that MC turned himself into a woman for this. I just wanna say that chapter was mostly an experiment if anything. Hence, it being a 'spin-off'.

MC: I'm still pissed you only made it happen in my dreams.

AN: Well... I had to do it with someone, right?

MC: You could've made it a real event!

AN: I mean, that was technically harem and this is a no harem fanfic. Besides, I'm going to write a proper MC x Mikoto 18+ chapter. This time, you're gonna have a dick.

MC: Oh sweet, Im going to be a male!

AN: 😏

MC: I'm going to be a male, right?

(This is a joke, MC is going to be fully male for it)

Let me know if I missed anything!

https://discord.gg/Sy8qcs5r

65