Chapter 78 A fight? Or a spar?
1.8k 5 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rimuru- “Kotowaru!”

My facial features sharpen and become more masculine. Menacing characters appear behind me, shaking from the intense aura I'm emanating.

Elsewhere, in a certain bar, a certain dryad wets herself.

Milim- “Ho? You think you have a choice?”

Milim slowly releases her own aura. Her pupils shrink slightly, emphasising her draconic eyes. Her own overflowing aura begins to grow even heavier.

Benimaru, Soei, Shion, Hakurou and Ranga lower themselves into their stances, ready to react in a single instant.

I, however, don’t move and continue looking at her as my lips lift into a small smile (mentally, I'm still in slime form).

Rimuru- “Then… how about we have a small bet?”

Milim- “A bet? Interesting, what’s it about?”

Milim responds to me without releasing her aura, grinning while showing her teeth. I jump out of Mikoto’s arms and transform back into my human form.

Rimuru- “You’re one of the strongest Demon Lords, right? Then let’s do it like this. You and I will have a small spar. If I land a single blow on you, I win, and you will listen to 1 request of mine. If you manage to avoid everything I throw, then you win and I become your subordinate. Well?”

Shion- “Rimuru-sama!”

Shion begins to protest, but I just look at her and shake my head. She closes her mouth and steps back, prompting Hakurou, Soei, Ranga and Benimaru to do the same.

Milim somehow grins even more and her eyes shine in excitement, a small bit of her fun-loving self showing through again.

Milim- “Interesting! I’ll do it!”

Rimuru- “Good.”

*Snap!*

I snap my fingers and use [Dominate Space] on both Milim and myself, shifting us to another space. The scenery doesn’t change much, but the ground, trees and sky all begin to fragment slightly and shift.

Milim looks all around in excitement and curiosity.

Milim- “Ooh, what is this place? It doesn’t feel like a normal teleportation spell, but everything feels different.”

Rimuru- “I call this place the Mirror Dimension. Think of it as a reflection of the real world, but not at the same time. A copy, so to speak. Anything that happens in the real world happens here, but anything that happens here doesn’t reflect back into reality. The perfect battleground, right?”

Milim is already running around halfway through my explanation, touching and mostly breaking everything.

Mirror Dimension, a separate space created through my [Dominate Space] skill and lots of help from Illya. Something like this didn’t actually exist, rather it’s something I created. In fact, if not for my Crest of Space, I couldn’t even dream of making something like this.

Well, it’s still a bit of a work in progress, so it’s a little shaky and too much force can punch a hole and send everyone inside flying back into reality. However, for a small spar, this is more than enough. Milim should understand with her Dragon’s Eye, so she should hold back enough.

And yes, I took inspiration from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Moments later, Milim and I are standing over a kilometre apart, staring at each other as if we were separated by just a few meters. I close my eyes momentarily, feeling my connection with Illya.

I talked with Illya before this all happened just before Milim arrived. This fight was planned. She would stay in the real world and ‘live stream’ the fight to everyone else so they don’t have to worry, and I would just concentrate on Milim.

I open my eyes and stare straight at Milim. And then I smile.

I'm excited about this, after all. I'm not naive nor am I arrogant enough to think I can fight head to head against someone of Milim’s calibre only 6 or 7 months after my birth.

Maybe I can defend against her into a draw, and no one on this planet can even think of stopping me if I want to run away, but I don’t think I can outright win without some lucky break.

Rimuru- “You ready?”

Milim- “Of course I am! Let’s get started already!”

Milim responds with her hands on her hips, standing tall with a battle-hungry grin.

It seems I'm not the only excited one. Now… let’s see how I fare against one of the strongest in this world. My expression turns blank. I lean forward and push against the ground.

*Boom!*

The ground cracks under the pressure and I shoot straight towards Milim, leaving nothing but a blur. The air around me remains undisturbed as I speed towards Milim. My entire body is covered with a silver colour aura, being the visual form my space attributed magicules take.

It’s a neat trick I picked up. Space shrinks in front of me and air resistance wasn’t a problem with this technique.

Although I'm already insanely fast as it is, for Milim, I need to go faster.

But I also decided to restrict myself in other ways. It won't be satisfying if I just make an unavoidable indiscriminate slash using Yamato, nor will it be as enjoyable if I use my [Rune] or [Creation] ultimate skills to make items that turn me into the perfect dragon slayer.

Speaking of Yamato, I bring out its familiar blade sheathed in its black scabbard with gold highlights, holding it with my left hand and drawing it out by its handle with my right.

I immediately find myself standing in front of Milim and draw out the rest of the blade at her. The edge creeps closer to Milim’s neck and time seems to slow down. When it’s mere inches from her neck…

She smiles.

*Shing!*

Yamato cuts the air, missing Milim’s neck by mere millimetres.

Rimuru- “Tch…”

She leaned backwards.

Milim- “My turn, right?”

She clenches her hand into a fist and punches it towards my chest.

Fast.

I teleport behind Milim upside down, once again swinging Yamato at her. As I expected, she also dodges it by ducking. She turns around swinging her other fist at me in an uppercut. Unable to dodge in midair, I once again teleport to Milim’s right side, sliding back on the ground.

*Crack-BOOM!*

Milim’s punch creates a wind pressure not dissimilar to a local gale.

All Might, is that you?

Rimuru- “You’re pretty scary, you barely used any force in that, did you?”

Milim- “Hehe~.”

Milim turns to me and gives me a cheeky grin at my wry smile.

*Inhale*

I take a deep breath.

I’ll get a little serious this time…

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] [Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Multilayer Barrier] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Particles] [Dominate Space] [Control Natural Elements]

Resistances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, Harpe, [Raphael] Skill Orb

 

A/N: I know some of you guys will be unsatisfied with having MC fight while restraining himself.

Well, Im sure you guys dont want me to write "And them MC wrote the strongest dragon slaying runes on Yamato, connected it directly to his infinite magicules, and fired a full power energy beam at Milim, instantly winning" would you?

MC: No way! I don't wanna win like that!

AN: Don't worry. You're not gonna win AT ALL.

MC: Wait what!?

AN: I'm joking... maybe? Wait until next chapter!

MC: Fuck youuuuuuuuuuuu!

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/q24VxF9r

60