Chapter 89 Another meeting urghhhgrhghurghgrg
1.6k 9 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the meeting room, about an hour or so after Phobio got fuckin rekt.

At a large long table with multiple chairs situated around it, I am in my human form sitting on a chair at one of the ends of the table. Standing behind me is Shion, Benimaru and Rigurd.

My right hand supports my head as my elbow rests against the armrest of my chair. My left is slowly stroking Shizu who is sitting on my lap, invoking an atmosphere similar to that of an evil final boss. Rigurd, Shion and Benimaru are looking at me with shining eyes.

My golden eyes lazily gaze at the figures at the other end of the table, as if they could pierce through all of their secrets.

Those figures are Phobio, who is sitting down, and his subordinates who are also standing behind him. Aside from Phobio, they are shivering slightly while looking at me with wary eyes.

Meanwhile…

Shizu- ‘Remember our deal?’

Rimuru- ‘Yeah yeah, you sit on my lap while I tick off the “evil lord act” from my bucket list and I’ll give you my newest creation, the Fish Bun.’

I burned a lot of brain cells to come up with that creation.

Shizu- ‘As long as you remember…’

As we finish up our [Thought Communication] conversation, Shizu nuzzles up into my hand and just enjoys the moment.

Regardless of the deal, I know she loves getting stroked so she would’ve accepted the deal even without the Fish Bun as an incentive.

As for a certain Railgun, Manas and Destroyer, they’re not here. They don’t like to sit down and listen to politics and shit. I don’t either, but I'm the leader here, so it’s kind of my responsibility…

Who’s the idiot that made me king!? I demand a refund!

Anyway, I should just get this over and done with.

My attention turns to Phobio. He’s still got his head held high, looking down on us all even though he got knocked unconscious within 10 minutes of entering Avalon. I don’t know whether he’s an idiot or he just doesn’t realise what happened to him.

I form an amused smile.

Rimuru- “So? Care to introduce yourself?”

Phobio- “Haah? Why should I?”

Rimuru- “Because I asked you to.”

I immediately fire back at him. He stares at me for a moment before he huffs dismissively and introduces himself.

Phobio- “Huff… My name is Phobio, also known as the Black Leopard Fang, one of the Three Beastketeers serving directly under Demon Lord Carrion.”

He smirks slightly at the end. If I had to take a guess, he probably expected that we would have some sort of reaction towards the name “Demon Lord Carrion”.

I mean, Rigurd and Benimaru would probably become a bit wary… if Milim Nava herself, one of the strongest Demon Lords, wasn’t living here in Avalon.

She single-handedly ruined the “Majestic” and “Proud” image of Demon Lords for all the residents here. It’s kind of hard not to when she acts like she does all the time.

In any case, none of us reacted much to his name, which caused Phobio to lose his smile.

Rimuru- “Well, I guess I should also introduce myself… My name is Rimuru, I'm the leader of this city called Avalon. And…”

I transform into my slime form with Shizu laying on top of my body.

Rimuru- “… I'm a slime.”

Phobio- “Haah? A lowly slime is the leader of these monsters?”

Rimuru- “Yes. And this ‘lowly slime’ is the master of these monsters standing behind me, so I’d watch my mouth if I were you.”

I transform back into my human form, Shizu somehow still sleeping on my head instead of back on my lap. I just shrug my shoulders.

She’s a cat. Don’t question how she does it.

Phobio- “What? You’re going to order your ‘pets’ to teach me a lesson?”

He smirks dismissively at me. I just smile back at him.

Rimuru- “No, what I'm saying is that these guys will teach you a lesson regardless if I order them to do it or not for the disrespect you’re showing me. And they’ll make sure it will be a long, painful lesson at that.”

He loses his smile. Shion is raring to beat this guy up and Benimaru is honestly a bit shocked at the mere thought that someone would dare to disrespect me. Rigurd is also very angry, much more than when he was punched.

And all of their auras are leaking.

Feeling their auras, Phobio knows he wouldn’t be able to beat these guys, at least if they gang up on him. If it’s a one on one fight, he would win.

Unfortunately, he is also slightly wrong in that assumption. Their auras are only slightly leaking, not flaring at full blast. Shion and Benimaru are among the strongest serving under me. They’re also stronger than their canon counterparts, so they can easily wipe the floor with Phobio without even getting serious.

Rimuru- “So? Why are you here in Avalon? I'm sure having a Beastketeer personally take charge means it’s an important matter.”

He wears that dismissive look on his face again. I immediately pose my fingers as my looks turn Jojo styled.

Rimuru- “Your next line is ‘You expect me to answer a lowly slime?’”

Phobio- “You expect me to answer a lowly sli- Wha!?”

Gottem. I return back to normal, acting like nothing happened while Rigurd is struggling not to bow down in worship.

Rimuru- “Well, I have a pretty good guess what your goal is anyway. Carrion is probably looking for some majin that have appeared in the Great Jura Forest and wants to scout them to serve under him.”

Phobio’s eyes widen in shock. It seems I was spot on. I mean, it’s the same reason as canon, so it wasn’t too hard to guess. Well, Shion, Rigurd and Benimaru are looking at me with a look that screams “Sasuga Rimuru-sama”.

I form a warm and kind smile and continue talking.

Rimuru- “And I'm sorry to say this, but we’re the majin your boss is looking for. There’s good news and bad news. The bad news is I'm not the type to bow my head to anyone else. The good news, for you that is, is that I'm not looking to make enemies left, right and centre, otherwise I would have killed you the moment you injured one of my subordinates.”

I rest my chin in my palm and place my elbow on the table in front of me. I slightly release [Lord’s Ambition], causing my eyes to glow. Like a predator in front of his prey, I grin and Phobio unconsciously lowers his head.

Rimuru- “Get out of here, your face annoys me. And tell Demon lord Carrion that although I'm not going to serve him, I am willing to talk with him. Choose a date and time and contact us again, otherwise don’t come back.”

Phobio hesitates before standing up and leaving the room. His subordinates move to follow him. However just before he completely leaves the room, he turns around and mutters under his breath.

Phobio- “You’ll regret this…”

And there we go, he hit the ‘Young Master’ cliché! Now he is destined to eat his words!

Shion- “Are you sure about this, Rimuru-sama? You’re not going to show him his place?”

Shion asks me a question as she releases the grip of her sword. She was the tensest out of everyone in the room. If I didn’t tell her through [Thought Communication] to stand down, Phobio wouldn’t be walking out of here in one piece.

He might not be walking out at all.

As for her question… I just chuckle.

Rimuru- “Ha! There’s a saying from my old world. ‘A lion does not concern himself with the opinion of sheep.’ Why should I be bothered with what a weakling thinks about me?”

If anything, this whole event was more amusing to me than anything else. Shion thinks for a moment before a “Why am I even doubting him” smile spreads across her face.

I hop up from my chair and pick up Shizu from my head before carrying her in my arms.

That was a bit tiring… I’ve got to thank Illya for what she went through, so I’ll give her a head pat. Then I’ll feed Shizu her Fish Bun, and then…Oh! I have to punish Mikoto.

A lap pillow will do.

Rimuru- “Hmm hmm hmmm~…”

I continue humming as I teleport back home.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] [Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Unique Skills: [Spatial Ruler]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Particles] [Control Natural Elements]

Resistances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, Harpe, [Raphael] Skill Orb

 

MC: Huhuhu...

AN: ... What's with that look? You're creeping me out...

MC: My foot... it's itching...

AN: ... Oh... 

*Claps hands in prayer*

May you rest in peace, Phobio...

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/bxN73QgW

53