Chapter 103 Meeting everyone (1/2)
1.5k 8 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Right, so I wanna say hi to everyone, but who should I meet first?

I wander through the streets of Avalon while thinking.

Rimuru- “I could meet Geld… or Kurobe, see how he’s coming along…”

But in the end, I decided to just start off with Benimaru.

And so, taking a left turn down a different street, I head over to where I’m pretty sure I can find the guy.

A few minutes later, I arrive in an area where the normal citizens of Avalon become scarce, being replaced with more security guards instead.

It’s not like this is a heavily guarded area, it’s just that this place is sort of the centre of security of Avalon. Most ordinary people have no business here.

I stand in the middle of a large opening. In the centre is a fountain spouting crystal clear magicule-filled water. Flower beds containing bright coloured flowers are placed here and there while the ground itself is paved in hexagonal slabs.

As I walk around the fountain, I see a large building, around 30 stories tall. It has a sleek rounded design, covered completely in glass windows. It doesn’t have a name, but everyone just calls it the Security Hub.

I walk in through the automatic doors, past the reception area and into the elevator, guided through [Universal Sense] towards the familiar aura.

Eventually, after going through several stories, the elevator doors open and a sort of command centre comes into my view. It’s the sort of thing you’d see in the command station of a spaceship in a sci-fi movie. In the centre of it all stands a familiar figure clad in loose red clothes.

Rimuru- “Yo!”

Benimaru turns around, instant recognising me as a smile paints his face.

Benimaru- “Rimuru-sama!”

Rimuru- “I feel like I haven’t been interacting with many of you guys in a while, I thought I’d drop by and say hi.”

Benimaru- “Please don’t say that! All of us take joy in serving you.”

Rimuru- “That’s no excuse, Benimaru…”

I walk up beside Benimaru and look out of the glass screen wall opposite the elevator I walked through. Through the glass, you can see a white room many times larger than the room I am currently in, about twice as large as a school gym in width, length and height. The room I am currently in is located in the top half of the bigger room, looking down on everything inside.

Rimuru- “So, what are you up to?”

Benimaru- “Training the troops.”

Benimaru explains simply.

As I look out the window, I can see a cluster of humanoid monsters, all of them wearing a set of sleek silver coloured magisteel armour.

There are hundreds of them there, all standing in line. Hobgoblins, High Orcs, High Ogres, and several dozen other species are scattered throughout the large room. I think I even see a cait sith in there.

I also see Gobuta and Goblin Jeff too.

What surprised me more is Hakurou standing at the very front of them all.

Sensing my gaze, Hakurou shifts his eyes up to the glass screen, peering through it, easily meeting my eyes. I just nod with a smile while Hakurou closes his eyes and bows his head.

Seeing the curiosity sparkling in my eyes, Benimaru presses a button on a panel to his left.

Immediately after, the walls of the large white room shimmer. An illusion covers the walls, floor and ceiling, simulating a forest with many trees. Ghost-like knight spiders appear and the soldiers immediately break up into groups to deal with them.

Rimuru- “The simulation room is working nicely, it seems…”

The simulation room is something I made on a whim in passing. I'm glad to see it put to good use.

A couple of hours later…

Man, that was fun! Seeing all those helpless people getting chased by knight spiders as they run for their lives was refreshing!

I didn’t get to talk much with Hakurou, but we see each other a lot during my swordsmanship training, so it’s fine.

Well, most of the conversation is “Let me live! NOOOO! *SCREAMING*” and “Ohoho you require more training if you are having trouble with just this level” and shit, but that’s a conversation… right?

Now that I think about it, Yohm and his group should be returning to Avalon soon.

Anyway, nearby the ‘Security Hub’ lies the place where I can find Shuna. To be exact, the place where she makes all her clothes is nearby. It’s so she can deliver Benimaru’s lunch box when he forgets and perhaps embarrass him in other ways while she’s at it.

I open the door and waltz right in.

Rimuru- “Hello!”

Shuna- “Hmm? Ah, Rimuru-sama!”

Shuna looks up from her work and her expression brightens up the moment she notices me. She drops what she’s doing and runs up to me.

The other female Hobgoblins (I'm not calling them fucking Goblinas, it’s a dumb name) that are working with Shuna look up from their work before quickly looking down again and working about twice as hard, probably looking to impress me.

It’s not like they are vying for my attention. It’s just that every monster in Avalon greatly respects me and seeks to serve me to their utmost efforts for some reason. As for the males, well, they’re always working at 110% mostly because Shuna is some sort of idol in Avalon and they seek to impress.

Rimuru- “I feel like I haven’t been interacting with everyone as much lately, so I've come to say hello. If you wish, I can even stay and watch you work for a while.”

I calmly speak, but Shuna is jumping around at this point.

Shuna- “Really!? Then you can sit here, I’ll quickly bring some snacks!”

She leads me to a stool next to the chair she was sitting on previously as she runs out of the room, presumably towards the kitchen.

I just wryly smile. I guess some things can cause her to lose her composure after all…

Shuna and I spent the rest of the time talking as I watch her weave together fabrics before using those fabrics to create more and more dresses, shirts, and other clothing.

She’s quite experienced too. Her speed is faster than any of the other hobgoblins here, but it doesn’t draw from the beauty of it all as I watch her fingers glide across the fabric. It’s quite enchanting.

An hour later…

Right, next!

This time I don’t bother walking and just use [Spatial Ruler] to teleport myself. Soei is quite far away, after all.

I find myself deep in the Jura forest, but this area is cleared out slightly.

I look up at a random tree and call out.

Rimuru- “Your stealth skills have gotten better again, Soei!”

Suddenly, appearing on the branch of the tree I was just looking at, Soei appears like a blur.

… I knew he was there. It’s all planned.

(A/N: X to doubt.)

Soei- “Your praise gives me joy, Rimuru-sama.”

He jumps down from the branch and lands on the ground, not making a sound as he moves. Appearing from random spots around the small clearing arrives Souka and several other dragonewts serving in the espionage unit under Soei.

Rimuru- “You guys are training? Sorry, I must have interrupted you.”

I apologetically smile towards Soei while scratching the back of my head.

Soei- “No, on the contrary, you immediately finding me shows I still have much to learn myself.”

No, I didn’t know- *Cough*

Rimuru- “There’s always someone better, no matter how high you climb, don’t slack off. As long as you remember that, you’ll be fine!”

Soei- “I will take your words to heart.”

I spout out such bullshit like some wise sage while Soei bows as he places his hand over his chest, a small admiring smile on his face.

Rimuru- “Then work hard, everyone. Make me proud!”

Not wanting to get in his way any longer, I teleport away after a few short words.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] [Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Unique Skills: [Spatial Ruler]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Natural Elements] [Control Magic] [Control Gravity]

Resistances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy/Demonic Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, [Raphael] Skill Orb, Limiter Ring

 

A/N: I was looking to wrap this whole thing up in a single chapter, but I didnt want to write "And the MC met Benimaru, Shuna, Soei, etc The End" and stuff. I wanted to properly write the interactions between them.

In fact, I could've probably written a separate chapter for each person, but I dont think you would want to sit through and read all of that.

MC: I would.

AN: Yeah, well, Im lazy so fuck you.

MC: Fucker...

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/tfJqq3RX

40