Chapter 111 Rimuru ditches Avalon
1.3k 12 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next day.

Milim and Diablo left yesterday and the results of that are already showing.

For one, without Milim, Avalon in its entirely seems a lot quieter. It’s public knowledge that Milim went back home now. The normal citizens are sad about it. Property owners breathed a sigh of relief when they heard that, but even so, they still miss her occasional destruction throughout the city.

Mikoto and Illya took it especially hard, they just got so used to the mayhem the Loli Demon Lord causes that they don’t really know what to do now that they have more free time.

As for me? Oh yeah, don’t get me wrong, I also miss Milim. But even more so…

I miss my personal butler. I could procrastinate so much with him hovering around me, but not anymore.

Shion is happy about it though.

Shion- “My secretary position is secured without him here!”

That’s what she said when I asked her why. I mean, she never was my secretary, and neither was Diablo, but whatever.

As of right now, I am once again sitting on the couch in my home. Honestly, I'm a bit bored. I want to go outside and just walk around, which is pretty rare for me. But I can't.

Why? It’s because Shizu is sleeping on my lap. You can't move when your pet is sleeping on you lest you disturb them. That’s just law.

And although Shizu isn't exactly a ‘pet’, I still don’t want to move.

And so, to pass time, I hum the Nyan Cat theme song to myself. That damned rainbow cat is stuck in my head.

Rimuru- “Nyan nyan nyan ny-ny-ny-ny-ny nyan nyan…”

Shizu- ‘Hurry…’

Rimuru- “Nyan ny- Hmm?”

I pause my masterpiece of a song and look at Shizu who is still laying calmly on my lap. She’s gently breathing, her chest rising and falling calmly without any disturbance. She’s still sleeping.

Rimuru- “… Was that my imagination?”

... Nah. Although I wasn’t paying attention and it sounded faint, I know for a fact that it happened. It’s another one of those damn mysterious anime tropes, there’s no way I just imagined it.

I mean, my head is filled to the fucking brim with Nyan Cat, I don’t have the mental capacity to hallucinate.

Unless it’s about Nyan Cat or meat buns, but this is neither of those.

And so, I gently connect with Shizu with [Thought Communication]. It’s a neat trick I learned, it lets me read the surface thoughts of those I connect with.

It’s pretty weak though and definitely won't help at all when I want to seriously look into someone’s mind. After all, it’s a skill meant for sending thoughts, not taking them.

But still, it can catch a couple of words here and there.

Shizu- ‘Please… save… those children… Hurry… to the Royal Capital…’

Shizu’s eyes begin to quiver and her breathing quickens. It’s like she’s having a bad dream.

Rimuru- “Your regrets are still here, huh…”

Even without her memories, it seems she still remembers those children, albeit being buried deeply and only showing up now in her sleep.

Rimuru- “I bet you won't even remember them when you wake up again.”

A cheerless smile forms on my lips. The one in front of me now is now more like Human Shizue than Hellcat Shizu. If so…

I lift my hand and begin stroking her.

Rimuru- “Don’t worry. I didn’t forget about them. I already know how to save them from their untimely deaths. So it’s fine. Rest.”

Shizu’s breathing calms down and her quivering eyes relax. Seeing this, my smile turns into one of relief.

I wonder if she will ever regain her memories. If so, which Shizu will she be? Will she be the Human Shizue that became Mikoto’s first friend in this new world? Or will she be the playful, satanic Hellcat Shizu we all came to know and love?

I don’t know. I reincarnated her because I wanted to see Shizue again. I didn’t want her to just die. But if that means the Shizu right now will disappear… I don’t know what to do.

I guess it’s best to just use the Rimuru secret technique…

Rimuru- “I’ll deal with it later.”

In any case, it seems I have to pay a visit to the Kingdom of Ingrassia.

(A/N: There are multiple translations for the country, from Ingrassia to Englesia, I’ll be using Ingrassia.)

Shizu- “Humumu… ATCHU! Nyah?”

Shizu suddenly did a cute cat sneeze and woke herself up before looking around with confusion in her eyes.

Goddamn, she’s cute. I give her a meat bun and move her off my lap since she’s no longer sleeping.

Later…

Rimuru- “So yeah I'm gonna go travel for a bit. Look after Avalon for me, will ya?”

I am sitting in the meeting room with all the higher-ups when I suddenly drop a bomb.

Everyone- “… EEHHHHH!?!??”

Rigurd- “What’s wrong Rimuru-sama!?”

Benimaru- “Have we angered you in some way!?”

Shion- “Just say the word and we will do EVERYTHING in our power to rectify it!”

Rigurd screams out while making more Jojo poses and Benimaru and Shion quickly follow up. Not the Jojo poses, but the screaming.

Rimuru- “Hold on just a moment, I'm not leaving permanently. As I said, it’s just for a bit.”

I knew they would act like this. They need to listen to the whole sentence.

In any case, I explain the situation to them detailing why I have to leave. I say that I promised Human Shizue to take care of her regrets and her students are one of them.

Rimuru- “I'm just gonna go save their lives and look after them for a bit. Who knows, I might bring them back to Avalon too.”

I say with a shrug.

Hakurou- “But Rimuru-sama, you are the cornerstone of our nation. It is unsafe for you to leave our borders.”

Hakurou worriedly interjects.

Rimuru- “Don’t worry, I'm not going alone.”

Ranga- ‘I will be following our Master. You can be rest assured, I will protect him.’

Not that I need protection, but it’s to give everyone some peace of mind.

As for Mikoto and Illya…

Illya- “Onii-chan, we want to come along too!”

Rimuru- “I'm sorry, but no.”

I mean, there’s no reason for them to come with me. It’s better for them to stay in a safe place like Avalon.

Yes, I'm a hypocrite.

Mikoto- “You don’t have a choice.”

Rimuru- “And why is that?”

Illya- “Because YOU ACTIVATED OUR TRAP CARD!”

A Yu Gi Oh reference!?

Mikoto- “Do you remember that I still have a reward for being the fastest to kill Charybdis?”

Mikoto says with a smug smile matching Illya’s.

.

.

.

Oh.

And that is how they also joined me on my journey to control my hollow side and to become the next Hokage, but to do so, I need to collect the 7 dragon balls out in the sea while gaining the title of Pirate King and restoring my brother's body that was lost in a failed alchemy along with my nakamas from the Fairy Tail guild.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] [Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Unique Skills: [Spatial Ruler]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Natural Elements] [Control Magic] [Control Gravity]

Resistances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy/Demonic Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, [Raphael] Skill Orb, Limiter Ring

 

A/N: Was that a-

MC: Yes it was an Annihilation Maker reference.

AN: Nice. 

Oh right I also want to point out that Shizue and Shizu are spelt different. Shizue has an extra E and I used that name to reference Shizu during her time as a human.

Shizue is Human Shizu's real name but was called Shizu by Leon Cromwell.

However Shizu is Hellcat Shizu's actual name, as named by Mikoto.

Just saying.

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/vBqbyvCG

42