Chapter 128 Hinata
1.2k 2 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is currently dark outside. The stars and moon are shining through the barrier into the Holy City, creating an atmosphere similar to Avalon’s… at first glance.

Even so, there’s something… weird, something ‘off’ about this place.

It’s too calm.

I never realised how much I enjoyed the random explosions that occur throughout Avalon. It’s like these people here in Ruberios don’t know how to have fun.

Anyway, Ranga ran through the Holy Capital of Ruberios carrying Mikoto, Illya and I on his back. All of us were under a concealment rune, so barely anyone noticed us.

Yes. Barely anyone. Meaning there was one person who did.

There was a guy who looked like Jeff from 21 Jump Street (OG Jeff) and I wanted his autograph, so I lifted the visual concealment part of the rune since I had to ask him for one.

Well, it was just the visual concealment so no one could sense us through either magic or through a skill from halfway across the city.

People could SEE us though, and a little kid happened to catch the sight of two girls and a slime riding a white wolf (since I'm still in my slime form on Ranga’s head).

He told his mom but no one believed him.

Mikoto chided me about removing the concealment and I didn’t end up getting the autograph. Oh well, he wasn’t the actual Jeff though, so it’s not a big loss.  Plus I have 2 Jeffs at home anways.

Where was I? Oh right, it’s night and Ranga ran through the city.

We quickly tracked down Hinata Sakaguchi and we ended up face to face with her directly. She’s alone, thankfully. She’s just calmly walking through a very large white empty hall, so I don’t need to appear in the middle of a large group of racist humans.

She has short black hair and sharp violet eyes. She’s wearing a long white coat over some light magisteel armour with an elegant sword strapped to her hip. Or rather than a sword, it’s more of a rapier that’s a bit thicker than your garden variety.

Now, she still doesn’t know we’re here, so…

Rimuru- “What do I do?”

I don’t think I can just ‘pop into existence’ saying “I'm not a bad slime!” since I'm sure that would startle her. I also don’t want to just reveal myself and have Hinata call for backup, so…

Rimuru- “Oh I know!”

Mikoto gets a bad feeling and slowly turns her head towards me.

Mikoto- “Uhm, Rimuru… What were you planning to do?”

Rimuru- “Hmm? I was just gonna kidnap her into the Mirror Dimension?”

Mikoto- “…”

Rimuru- “…”

Illya- “…”

Ranga- “*Happy panting*”

Hinata suddenly stops and looks in our direction with narrowed eyes. I know she can't see or sense me since she’s not looking directly at me and only staring in my general direction, but…

Rimuru- “Woah, that’s some scary intuition…”

.

.

.

Rimuru- “Anyway, let’s kidnap her!”

Illya- “Ooh!”

Mikoto- “Wait!”

Illya cheers with me as Mikoto tries to stop me, but I already jumped off Ranga’s back while transforming into my human form and shoved my hand into a small portal I made with [Spatial Ruler]. My hand pops out of another portal behind Hinata and reaches out towards her.

I wriggle my fingers a bit before grabbing her collar and pulling backwards. The portal my arm is extending out from expands and fragments like glass and Hinata gets pulled into it.

As for me, I pull my arm out of the portal next to me but Hinata is nowhere to be seen.

She’s already in the Mirror Dimension.

Rimuru- “Right! Let’s go!”

I create a large portal under me and I immediately fall through it, finding myself dropping in the same place in the large white hall. If there’s a difference, it would be how the surroundings constantly move like the surface of an ocean of glass

I then proceed to duck as a sword comes flying over my head. The ends of my long white hair get cut by the sword as I thank Hakurou for training my instincts to such a degree.

Rimuru- “That was close…”

I underestimated Hinata, I wasn’t expecting her to hide her presence and sneak attack me as soon as I came in.

I leap forward and use my hand as a spring to flip myself away from my position. I land on my feet, looking back at the sword and its user.

Rimuru- “Right, first things first, hello Hinata Sakaguchi, my name is Rimuru. I want to talk to you.”

Hinata- “Is that so.”

A cold voice responds to my introduction and Hinata rushes forward with speeds that I've rarely seen in my short life. She can easily match Hakurou in speed.

She slashes her rapier at me, aiming straight at my neck to which I just lean backwards. Mid swing, just as the blade was passing by my neck, she thrust forward piercing straight towards my jugular.

Jesus christ this woman is lethal.

Well, not that she’s any threat.

[Scathach]

I write a rune in the air with my magicules and then flick it towards Hinata. Not expecting me to move as fast as her, her eyes widen slightly before her usual calculating look replaces her surprise.

She halts her attack and spins her body, causing the rune to helplessly fly past her. Feeling the rune disappear through her [Magic Sense], so resumes her attack.

What she didn’t know was that the rune didn’t actually disappear. Ever since [Rune Master] evolved into an Ultimate Skill, I could easily add several effects to a single rune.

An example would be the concealment rune I used to hide me and my companions as Ranga ran through Ruberios’ Capital. It contained a concealing effect for both physical and supernatural perceptions.

This rune I just made also has several effects.

One of them is a delayed concealing effect. The other is a boomerang effect.

Hinata couldn’t sense the rune only because it concealed its magicule signature after she dodged it. After that…

Hinata thrusts her rapier towards me again, this time heading straight towards m heart. However, I don’t move and just casually smile.

Hinata realises something is wrong, but…

Rimuru- “Owari da(It’s over).”

*Fwoom!*

The rune hits, causing a magicule shockwave to rush over the surface of her body, slowing her down and eventually freezing her in place.

She can't move.

Ranga jumps through the portal into the Mirror Dimension I made along with Illya and Mikoto. Only a few seconds have passed since Hinata and I started fighting. That’s how fast we were moving.

Even then, I'm guessing that wasn’t Hinata’s top speed. But even so, she can't move anymore.

Ranga- ‘You fought, Master?’

Ranga eagerly asks as he shrinks his size and walks up to me with a wagging tail.

Illya just smiles and runs up to me, clinging onto my arm. Mikoto sighs while shaking her head, walking forwards with her hands in her pockets.

Mikoto- “I knew that would happen if you kidnapped her like this…”

Yeah, I had an inkling that would’ve happened too. There were several ways I could’ve contacted Hinata peacefully, without startling her, but…

Rimuru- “Where’s the fun in that?”

Hinata and Mikoto stare at me with blank expressions.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] [Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Unique Skills: [Spatial Ruler]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Natural Elements] [Control Magic] [Control Gravity]

Resistances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Resist Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy/Demonic Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, [Raphael] Skill Orb, Limiter Ring

 

A/N: Ranga is wholesome

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/BAfrUrNj

39