Chapter 131 socially awkward cringe slightly chuuni slime.
1.2k 11 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming... on days like these… nothing much is happening. I mean, there aren't any kids around that should be burning in hell, so…

In any case, due to the long day we had, Illya fell asleep on Ranga. Ranga wouldn’t dare to disturb her so he also fell asleep.

I mean, we left Blumund, travelled to Ramiris’ labyrinth, summoned a demon for her, travelled to Ruberios, met Hinata, fought Hinata and used Talk-no-Jutsu to calm her down.

All in one day. I don’t get how her body can grow tired since she’s basically a spiritual being, but I don’t really care enough to find out. Illya is cute when she sleeps and that’s all that matters.

Did I also mention that Ranga is cute when he sleeps? He tends to dream and sleeptalk a bit, although since he isn't using [Thought Communication], it’s mostly coming out as little woofs and barks. Although he mentions my name now and again.

It always comes out as “Wimuwu” since he can't pronounce it properly. Sounds like a fucking furry, but when he does it it’s cute so I forgive him easily.

And when Illya is sleeping while leaning against Ranga, it would’ve been a fucking sin if I disturbed their sleep.

So I didn’t touch them and just left them to sleep in the Mirror Dimension.

Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t just leave them there.

I joined them. Mikoto did too. I sat to Illyas left and Mikoto sat to her right, both of us leaning against Ranga’s fluffy stomach. As I draped a comfortable blanket over all three of us, a thought entered my head.

Rimuru- “Hey, does this make us seem like a family? I mean, the age gap between Illya and us is a glaring issue, but…”

Mikoto- “*Sigh* I'm too tired to retort…”

She just turned her around, facing her back towards me as she tugs the blanket over her shoulders. I didn’t miss her ears reddening though.

Anyways, that was last night. It is now morning, and I want to talk to Hinata about stuff.

Rimuru- “So there’s that. I'm going to go and get Hinata now, ok?”

I walk towards a clearing a few meters away as I wave over my shoulder towards Ranga, Illya and Mikoto who are still lazily eating breakfast.

They slowly slide the breakfast I made into their mouths as they try to fight off the sleepiness still plaguing their minds and bodies.

I just smile at them. It’s not a kind smile, it’s a smug smile.

Rimuru- “Pathetic. Sleep is for the weak.”

Megumin would be proud of such a smile…

Illya- “Onii-chan, you’re just jealous that you can't actually sleep.”

Rimuru- “Damn straight I am!”

I miss the feeling of sleep! I can “shut down” in a way that simulates sleep, but it’s not actually sleeping. I miss that feeling! Damn it!

I open a small portal in front of me before sticking my hand into it. It swallows my arm up to my shoulder as I blindly fumble around, looking for a familiar touch.

My hand grabs onto a familiar piece of cloth. I pull my arm out of the portal as it expands. Exiting the enlargened portal is my arm, followed by my hand which is currently grabbing onto the collar of a familiar calculative woman.

*Shing*

My arm goes flying into the air.

Rimuru- “Damnit, not again…”

Hinata- “Don’t touch me so suddenly.”

Hinata says as she sheaths her rapier.

I extend my intact arm into the air. Threads fly out from my fingertips and wrap around my arm that is once again creating a beautiful parabola. I pull the threads and my other arm falls neatly into my open hand.

Man, I should probably stop limiting my capabilities with the Limiter Ring. It’s making it seem like it’s easy to get cheap shots like this off me… Meh, I’ll do it later.

(A/N: HOLY SHIT I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THE LIMITER RING. Thank you GonZ555 for reminding me lol.)

Placing my severed arm back into place, I turn around and walk back to the group of three sleepyheads.

Rimuru- “Care to join us for breakfast?”

Hinata- “No, I've already eaten.”

Rimuru- “Come on, don’t say that. I'm sure you would find it extremely to your liking.”

Getting curious, she looks over to the small table surrounded by two girls and a wolf and her eyes widen at what she sees.

Food from Earth.

Specifically, it’s omurice. A Japanese staple food.

Rimuru- “Oh, I forgot to mention… I used to be a human from Earth.”

I say while pointing to myself. Hinata stares at me as shock passes through her eyes.

Hinata- “Wait, used to?”

Hinata asks questionably. She’s obviously heard of people transmigrating from Earth into this world, but I'm obviously not human and slimes don’t exist on Earth…

Rimuru- “Yeah. I got stabbed and when I woke up again, I was in a cave as a weak little slime.”

That’s a lie, I wasn’t weak by any means. As for being stabbed, I just gave her Satoru Mikami’s story.

In any case, nothing exciting happened after this.

After realising the food on the table is something that she hasn’t eaten in years, she readily agreed to have some and she savoured every moment of it. Her cold, calculating eyes warmed up during the meal. Just a bit.

After the food, we had our serious talk.

Rimuru- “I came because I want to make a treaty. I don’t want the Western Holy Church to view Avalon as a threat.”

Yes, a treaty.

I'm asking for the Holy Church to ignore me and my people in Avalon. In return, I will assist them should they ask for my help.

Hinata stops eating for a moment to answer my conditions.

Hinata- “The Luminous Faith has its influence spread throughout the entire Western Nations. I don’t see much appeal in simply being able to ask a few favours from you in return for the Church’s sanction. You should know that agreeing to this treaty will go against some of our core teachings.”

Indeed, the Church has been spouting anti-monster beliefs for AT LEAST a decade. It was during this decade that their influence soared to unforeseen heights.

If Hinata agrees, this treaty will eventually come to light one day and that would cause some unrest within their believers.

Well, they solved it in canon, I don’t see why they can't solve it again. It’s not my problem.

Rimuru- “Without Veldora, the Eastern Empire is growing restless and is seeking to dominate the west. I can guarantee that they will move through Avalon. Of course, I won't let that happen under any circumstances and you should be well aware that the little fight we had last night was barely considered a warmup.”

Hinata- “So you are saying that you will prevent the Eastern Empire from invading the Western Countries?”

I just nod my head without breaking eye contact. Hinata’s violet eyes meet my golden pupils and after several seconds, she closes her eyes and sighs.

Hinata- “Very well. I will inform the Pope. You don’t need to worry, I will convince him.”

She stands up while promising such.

Rimuru- “I know you will.”

I also stand up and open a portal to reality. Mikoto, Ranga and Illya are just lazily sitting to the side, struggling not to fall asleep again.

Hinata walks through the portal and I begin to close it behind her. Just as the portal disappears, my voice enters Hinata’s ears.

Rimuru- “Send Luminous Valentine my regards…”

Luminous Valentine, the true ruler of Ruberious and the ‘God’ of worship for the Luminous Faith. Even the Pope is but a mere subordinate.

And she’s a Demon Lord.

Hinata is also aware of this truth. In fact, I don’t think she was going to talk with JUST the ‘Pope’, she was probably going to meet with Luminous herself.

Even so, this truth is a tightly guarded one.

She snaps her head around, her eyes filled with shock and caution only to see my smile before the portal closes.

I sit in the fragmenting landscape of the Mirror Dimension, thinking about something deeply.

Rimuru- “Now, I acted all mysterious and stuff, but if I leave now and come face to face with Hinata again that would just be awkward as hell… What do I do?”

Such were the concerns if a socially awkward cringe slightly chuuni slime.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker, socially awkward cringe slightly chuuni slime.

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] [Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Unique Skills: [Spatial Ruler]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Natural Elements] [Control Magic] [Control Gravity]

Resistances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Cancel Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy/Demonic Attack]

Equipment: Yamato, [Raphael] Skill Orb, Limiter Ring

 

A/N: Just realised that since MC has [Manas: Illyasviel], spiritual attacks (attacks on the soul) can't do shit to him. I updated [Resist Spiritual Attack] to [Cancel Spiritual Attack].

Thank you TrueCulture_io123 for giving me this thought

MC: THANK YOU! Now I dont have to worry about my soul getting fucking obliterated!

AN: *Obliterates MC's soul anyway*

MC: F-Fucker... *Dissapears into ashes infinite war style*

AN: Heh.

*MC will revive next chapter*

Let me know if I missed anything.

Also consider dropping a F in the comments for MC.

https://discord.gg/VJ8xR6Jh

35