Chapter 176 Mikoto’s evolution
1.1k 15 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Demon Lord Seed I have wasn’t actually obtained legitimately. Rather, I “stole” it. Well, it’s more like a part of my spoils of victory over Geld rather than theft.

The Orc Disaster Geld, an Orc Lord that evolved into a Disaster and obtained a Demon Lord Seed. When I consumed Geld with [Predator], I also took his Demon Lord Seed for myself. It was considered a legitimate succession by the Voice of the World, as forceful as it was.

I also gained approximately 20 thousand souls from killing all the Farmus soldiers and a few more important people that I can't be bothered to remember.

(A/N: Rest in peace, Raisen-or-whatever.)

In the original series, Rimuru was able to evolve into a True Demon Lord with the Seed and all the souls.

Although it wasn’t mentioned in the original series since the author didn’t get into too much detail, apparently the souls of everyone the Orc Lord Geld killed before he evolved into a Disaster were collected through his [Ravenous] Unique Skill.

I'm not sure exactly how many, but there are around 50 to 80 thousand souls in this seed already.

My god, that’s a lot of souls. How many monsters did those guys eat!? Or rather, how many souls do you need to become a True Demon Lord!?

Maybe these absurd amounts of souls were the reason Rimuru was more powerful than other recently evolved Demon Lords. I mean, aside from [Raphael] carrying him through the evolution.

Snapping out of my reverie, I turn to Illya.

Rimuru- “So? Is it possible to use the Storm Crest as a container to transfer the Seed and the souls to Mikoto?”

Illya places a finger on her chin while tilting her head (mah hart, so cute) and thinks about it. In actuality, she’s simulating the process and the outcome. Tens, hundreds, thousands of times, searching any possibility of it happening before making the most optimal plan of success.

Finishing everything in under a second, Illya smiles and nods, looking at me with her bright ruby eyes.

I copy her smile.

Rimuru- “Right! Let’s get to it!”

Even though Illya’s the only one doing anything… details, details!

And so, Illya got to work.

First, of we (she) has to sever the connection I have with the Demon Lord Seed.

As I mentioned before, the moment I took the Seed from Orc Disaster Geld, the Voice of the World considered it legitimate, so it’s mine. It’s not just something I'm keeping in my [Belzebuth] stomach, it’s actually a part of me.

So Illya has to sever this connection.

*Snip*

Oh… well that was easy.

Cutting my connection with the Seed, she stuffs it into the empty Storm Crest along with all the other souls I got from the soldiers from a country I can't be bothered to remember.

The Storm Crest is now something like a ZIP file, now that I think about it…

Taking control of the Storm Crest and the Biribiri Crest, Illya takes it out of my stomach and it appears hovering in between her hands. It looks like a small sphere the size of a peanut, half white and half black with small lightning sparks arcing around.

Well, most of the lightning is from the white side, the black side is a little dull and lacking energy. Must be the consequence of losing the Veldora Aspect.

Slowly, the ball of light hovers over above Mikoto and slowly sinks into her forehead.

Like rewinding a video, small tendrils stretch from both the white side of the peanut ball and Mikoto’s soul. They touch, and very quickly, they mend back together like nothing is wrong. The black part quickly gets “eaten”, as there is no need for two Protections. Instead, the Biribiri Crest grows slightly stronger.

And without any container to hold them in, the Seed and the souls get released.

The Demon Lord Seed quickly binds with Mikoto and absorbs all the souls before they rampage or disappear.

Hmm… now that I think about it, couldn’t I have just made another Seed with my skills?

Oh! Maybe I can even make a Hero Egg too!

.

.

.

Meh. I’ll do it later.

(A/N: He will never do it.)

And just like that, Mikoto continues her evolution. This time, as a Demon Lord and without any fuckers with heart-exploding tendencies to interrupt her.

I wonder if she’ll go back to that sexy transformation I saw-

*Spark*

Rimuru- “I'm sorry!”

Out of reflex, I apologised, but then I remembered Mikoto should still be unconscious.

Looking at her body that is still lying on the couch, I see more and more sparks of bluish-white lightning appear on her skin.

They start as small sparks bouncing across and off her skin before those sparks get larger and much more frequent.

If this was a cultivation world, I would say that the lightning was tempering her body or some xianxia shit like that.

Using [Scathach], I write some runes down to create a field around Mikoto’s body to protect everyone and everything around her. I mean, I'm not sure how dangerous those lightning sparks are, but I don’t want to really risk the home I've been living in for months.

The couch Mikoto is sleeping on is probably a goner though. A noble sacrifice.

Rimuru- “I will not forget you…”

Illya- “Onii-chan, what colour was the couch?”

.

.

.

Rimuru- “… B-blue…?”

Illya sighs and shakes her head with a wry smile.

Moving on…

Suddenly, I get an idea.

Running under the theory that the amount of souls you obtain increases the power you obtain after your evolution… what would happen if I gather as many souls as I can and funnel it straight into Mikoto’s Demon Lord Seed?

I turn to Illya, wanting to voice my question, but one look at Illya’s shining eyes as she looks back at me tells me she just thought of the same thing.

And so, without saying anything else, we got to work.

Using her massive power over souls, she gathers as many souls as she can from as far as she can reach, which might as well be the entire world.

Seeing the onrush of ethereal souls, I teleport outside and activate [Belzebuth] to consume them all. Using the connection between us, Illya then transfers all the souls in my stomach into Mikoto’s Demon Lord Seed.

We do that for a whole 5 minutes.

Illya- ‘Onii-chan… you might want to see this.’

Illya contacts me through [Thought Communication] so I stop consuming souls and quickly teleport back inside.

What I see was outside of my expectations.

Everything within the small bubble around Mikoto is nothing but pure white as if all the electricity in the world gathered here, creating a vortex of pure energy.

Continuing my observation of Mikoto’s soul, I see something happen.

Using my connection with Illya, I realise that it’s actually the Voice of the World taking action.

<<Unique Skills [Harmony] and [Limit Break] have been fused due to evolution. Ultimate Skill [Saitama, Limitless God] has been acquired.>>

*PFFT!*

My god, Mikoto is unstoppable now.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker, socially awkward cringe slightly chuuni slime, Dragon Slayer, Sensei

Manas: [Manas: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony] [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation] [Scathach, Lord of Runes]

Unique Skills: [Spatial Ruler]

Intrinsic Skills: [Infinite Regeneration] [Universal Shapeshift] [Universal Sense] [Enhanced Replication] [Universal Thread]

Extra Skills: [Lord's Ambition] [Thought Communication] [Control Natural Elements] [Control Magic] [Control Gravity]

Resistances: [Cancel Pain] [Resist Melee Attack] [Cancel Natural Elements] [Cancel Ailments] [Cancel Spiritual Attack] [Resist Holy/Demonic Attack] [Natural Attack Resistance]

Equipment: Yamato

 

A/N: Soo… basically, Illya extracted your seed and inserted it deep into Mikoto?

MC: What the fuck.

.

.

.

A/N: So as Im finishing this up, I had to go take a dump. So I went into the toilet, locked the door, finished by business... AND THE DOOR HANDLE FUCKING BROKE! So I was stuck in the toilet... for about 5 minutes before my genius self dismantled the door handle (with some outside help).

And by dismantled, I mean to say my unga bunga brain just unscrewed every screw I could find before breaking off the rest with brute force.

But it worked!

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/Y7YyQksH

38