Chapter 181 Akward silence
999 6 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And so, time continued to pass. One by one, everyone eventually woke up. They opened their eyes, looked around while muttering something about an unfamiliar ceiling (they ALL did that) before eventually setting out on their day.

I mean, as much as they would love to just rest for today, they are all important people who have important jobs to do and things to oversee. Even Gobuta and the two Jeffs and things to do.

Well, maybe not Shion, but her daily explosions and destruction around the city have sort of became her calling.

Although they all unanimously agreed to celebrate their victory with a festival and how everyone can walk away from it alive (technically).

But through all this, we had a guest just sitting in the corner.

Kirara Mizutani, the only remaining survivor of Farmus’ summoned otherworlders.

She was captured and put into magicule sealing cuffs before… being forgotten.

I kind of just left her with everyone else while I dealt with Bryce before forgetting all about her. So she just sat in the corner as she watched me resurrect Shion and heal Mikoto before advancing her into a fucking Demon Lord. And then she continued to watch as they all proceeded to break down crying before falling asleep.

Kirara- “… So I just sat in the corner hoping no one would notice me so I could live just a little longer. Please don’t kill me!”

I placed a truth rune on her and told her to tell me what happened. And so, through snot and tears, she explained before begging me to spare her life.

Everyone else has already left my home aside from Mikoto, Illya and my clone self who is currently holding an ice pack over his blackened eye…

Ok, I know for a FACT that he’s not actually hurt.

But seriously, why the fuck did no one notice Kirara!?

And more importantly, what should I do with her? I don’t feel like killing her, but I'm not just letting her off scot-free either. I also want to punish her. A brutal punishment, something she will be stuck with for the rest of her life and will make her regret ever going against Avalon…

I snap my fingers as an epiphany hits me.

Rimuru- “I know what to do!”

I quickly grab Kirara who is trembling at this point and Clone Rimuru before using [Azathoth] to teleport away, leaving the cuffs around Kirara’s wrists behind. I find myself in Clone Rimuru’s office where he deals with all his paperwork.

I look towards Kirara and point towards Clone Rimuru.

Rimuru- “Be his secretary.”

She will now help my clone with paperwork. Hahaha! Suffer! One of the greatest punishments I can bestow!

Teleporting away, I almost didn’t catch Kirara breathing a sigh of relief…

Odd… Ah well, I’ll deal with her later.

(A/N: He won’t.)

When I come back, I only find Mikoto inside. She is still in her Tokiwadai Middle School uniform, but she’s just sitting on a couch while staring at the ceiling with a lost expression on her face.

Rimuru- “Hmm? Where’s Illya?”

Mikoto- “She said something about leaving the stove on.”

Mikoto responds to me with a flat voice.

Rimuru- “… We don’t have a stove though…”

I mean, I just make all our food with my skill.

Shrugging my shoulders, I sit down on a couch nearby Mikoto, but not too close. I just feel like she needs a bit of space right now.

.

.

.

I create a can of coffee and drink from it.

*Sip*

.

.

.

I finished my coffee.

I create a meat bun and start eating it.

*Nibble*

.

.

.

I finished my meat bun.

.

.

.

THIS SILENCE IS SO AWKWARD.

Where is Pikachu when you need her!

Mikoto continued staring off into the ceiling. She’s been doing this for the past half an hour or so.

Yes, I ate my meat bun really slowly.

Suddenly, Mikoto opens her mouth.

Mikoto- “I'm… really strong now, aren’t I?”

Rimuru- “Yeap.”

I say while popping the P.

Mikoto raises her hand and looks at it. A trail of bluish-white electricity arcs from her forefinger to her thumb. But soon, its erratic motions as it arc through the air slowly become less and less volatile, becoming just a straight beam connecting her two fingers.

Mikoto- “Calculations that would’ve taken a lot of mental power became so much easier. My control over my Personal Reality is also at a whole other level. I feel like I can pull the planet out of its orbit without too much trouble…”

The “beam” of electricity connecting her fingers dissipates as she lowers her hand, but she still continues looking at it.

There’s not a trace of a smile on her lips.

Mikoto- “But… do I really deserve this?”

This… is something I didn’t expect to hear from her. I expected her to be happy with her strength. With this strength, she doesn’t need to worry about outside threats at all.

She’s strong. One of the strongest in the world. So…

Rimuru- “… You’re not happy?”

Mikoto looks up and meets my eyes, taking note of my expression. I'm not bothering to hide my emotions, so I'm showing what I feel right now.

On my face, is an expression of confusion.

No, not confusion. More like…

Anxiety.

I'm questioning myself over and over.

Rimuru- “You didn’t want this?”

Mikoto doesn’t respond. She simply squints her eyes, trying to come up with a response.

Now, I feel regret.

If she didn’t want this… then did I just do something unnecessary?

Did I ruin her life?

Thinking about it creates a sinking feeling in my stomach.

My gaze falls. I stare at the fall as what I just did sinks in.

I… was just trying to help…

Mikoto- “… It’s not that…”

A small whisper enters my ears. I slowly look up towards Mikoto’s face again. I see the anguish on her face.

Seeing an expression like that, I also feel even worse. The regret in my stomach is increasing. I feel my face contort as my heart twists itself in a knot.

But then I see Mikoto’s expression of anguish become even worse, mimicking mine. It’s as if…

Seeing me hurt makes her feel hurt as well.

A trace of surprise flashed across my face.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker, socially awkward cringe slightly chuuni slime, True Dragon Slayer, Sensei, World's Strongest, Overpowered to a stupid degree

???: [Codex: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Yahweh, God of Creation], [Odin, God of Runes], [Azathoth, God of Void (Alternative)]

Equipment: Yamato - Genesis

 

A/N: The chapter is a little cringe, please bear with me. It's just gonna be this chapter and next chapter.

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/Pmjx5trH

34