Chapter 187 Drop a comment if you this read wrong.
991 9 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Standing in front of me is an army of demons, over seven hundred to be exact.

Standing at the forefront are the Purple, Yellow and White Primordial Demons, without any discrepancies to their original forms.

Like, I know demons can make clothes out of magicules, but it’s still a little weird. It’s also a bit unfortunate that I was unable to sneak a peek at their “goods”.

I’ll have to ask Mikoto to show me hers later…

In any case, the physical appearances of the demons are really diverse. They are all humanoid, with the Primordials being the most human-like, but every other lower-ranking demon has some other feature to them like horns, a tail, weird ears, and so on. The weaker they are, the less human-like their forms take.

Although they’re all very strong, so the most an individual has are horns, a tail and very sharp fingernails.

All their bodies formed at around the same time so they all exited their pods at the same time as well… by breaking the fucking glass.

Seriously, there’s a button inside the pods that open them! You didn’t have to break them! There’s also a big fucking arrow pointing towards it!

I wryly smile as I look at the glass shards all over the floor.

Rimuru- “Right, I'm gonna name you guys now. ALL of you.”

As expected, this causes the demons to show astonishment.

Purple, Yellow and White don’t say anything and just look at me with a weird look.

I wave my hands dismissively.

Rimuru- “Yeah yeah, I know that look. ‘Too many magicules, naming is a serious affair and shouldn't be done all willy nilly, it’s dangerous.’ I know I know, I heard it all before. Trust me, I know what I'm doing.”

I actually don’t know what I'm doing. I mean, I gave DEMONS overpowered bodies and now I'm naming them. I'm probably going to unleash a calamity upon the world…

Sound’s fun!

Rimuru- “Right, from left to right, you are Ultima, Carrera and Testarossa.”

I point towards Purple, Yellow and White respectively.

Yes, these are the exact same names from canon. I just don’t see any reason to not give them the same names. It’s just a recipe for confusion among the readers if I don’t…

(A/N: ಠ_ಠ)

Testarossa, Ultima and Carrera each have two attendants and two hundred subordinates/soldiers under them while Diablo brought an extra guy along who also has one hundred under him.

… And I forgot their names.

Rimuru- ‘Dear lord help me.’

I suddenly receive a list of just over 700 names, with the top seven being the most familiar.

Rimuru- ‘Thank you lord.’

I see an image of Jesus fading in my mind and I got to work.

Rimuru- “This is going to take a while…”

(Timeskip…)

Thank god a mysterious force just did a timeskip, I did NOT want to go through naming all of them consciously.

I am now standing in the middle of a large open space in Avalon with all the demons in front of me.

Every citizen of Avalon that passes by wants to scream about something to do with a demon invasion, but then they see me and just walk away with an “oh nevermind” expression.

Carrera, Ultima and Testarossa are looking at me as if I have a second head, wondering how in the high heavens did I name three Primordials and seven hundred archdemons.

Diablo just chuckles to himself as he revels in the shocked and awed expressions of his colleagues.

I just shrug.

Now, the question is… what do I do with these guys…? Ultima, Carrera and Testarossa to be exact.

Hmm… I could do what Rimuru did in the original series, if not for one problem…

I forgot what OG Rimuru did. Or rather, I forgot the jobs he gave them. I guess I can only call for help again.

Rimuru- ‘Dear lord help me.’

Three jobs pop into my head.

Rimuru- ‘Thank you lord.’

Rimuru- “Right, there are three jobs I want you guys to take. There’s a military attaché position, a prosecutor, and a judge. Obviously, they will have their own fancy official names, but that’s just the basics of what you’ll be doing. Your subordinates will stay with you. If you have any questions, please direct them towards the proper personnel.”

Ultima raises her hand.

Ultima- “And who is this personnel?”

Rimuru- “My Clone.”

I feel a sense of depression from the direction of my office for some reason. Odd.

Rimuru- “Well, that’s all. I'm going now.”

Without wanting to deal with any of this anymore, I teleport away.

Standing on top of a random skyscraper, overlooking the city like Batman, I sip on my cup of coffee while nibbling on a meat bun.

Rimuru- “*Sip* The winds… they are calling me…”

“… cringe…”

I think I heard something, but it must've been the wind.

I take another slow bite from my meat bun.

Hinata- ‘Rimuru.’

Now there’s a voice I haven’t heard in a couple of weeks.

Rimuru- ‘Hinata, good to hear from you!’

Hinata- ‘And you as well. I take it you dealt with whatever problem was plaguing your city?’

Rimuru- ‘Yup. How did you know?’

Hinata- ‘Well, my information sources are telling me that the Farmus army entered the Jura Forest, but they just disappeared.’

Rimuru- ‘Huh. Weird.’

Hinata- ‘…’

Rimuru- ‘… *Sip*…’

Hinata- ‘… Please tell me you did not wipe out their entire army.’

Rimuru- ‘… Perhaps.’

Hinata- ‘Rimuru.’

Rimuru- ‘Oh come on! What was I supposed to do!? Make them surrender!?’

Hinata- ‘Yes.’

Rimuru- ‘Oh… well what’s done is done!’

Hinata- ‘Do you realise what kind of repercussions this will have? The entire world will fear you and view you as some kind of evil Demon Lord. This will not go well for either you or the Church.’

Rimuru- ‘Then what we have to do is simple.’

Hinata- ‘What?’

I can feel the exasperation in her voice.

Rimuru- ‘We tell the world it’s some kind of military exercise gone wrong. That’s the normal crap politicians always pull to hide some accident, right?’

Hinata- ‘… An entire army of 20 thousand soldiers disappeared… because of a military training exercise gone wrong?’

Rimuru- ‘… Okay, that sounded a lot better in my head.’

Hinata- ‘…’

Rimuru- ‘… I'm getting ‘I want to throw something’ vibes from you.’

Hinata- ‘And who’s fault is that!?’

I wince from the sudden burst of volume in my head.

Rimuru- ‘Alright alright, relax. I’ll think up of something.’

Hinata- ‘*Sigh* You’d better…’

Rimuru- ‘… Oh and Shizu recovered her memories.’

Hinata- ‘Hoh? That’s good.’

Rimuru- ‘Plus she’s a catgirl now.’

Hinata- ‘I’M COMING TO AVALON.’

The sheer intensity in her words before she cut off the connection was a promise of pain if I did not bring her here quickly.

I don’t want to test that, regardless of my defences.

She might end up roasting my insecurities instead. Ain't got no defence against emotional damage.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker, socially awkward cringe slightly chuuni slime, True Dragon Slayer, Sensei, World's Strongest, Overpowered to a stupid degree, Mikoto's Equal

???: [Codex: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Yahweh, God of Creation], [Odin, God of Runes], [Azathoth, God of Void (Alternative)]

Equipment: Yamato - Genesis

 

A/N: Hinata will start roasting your insecurities like that time when my card declined at the therapist.

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/aMx9JU7N

36