Chapter 191 Don’t wanna sound like an asshole
942 4 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone is sitting around a rectangular table with me at the head. Sitting directly to my right is Illya and on my left is Mikoto. Standing behind me is Diablo since he’s my butler.

Originally, everyone including me was sitting whenever they found a seat and it was pretty chaotic. But while Fuze was doing his business, Rigurd suggested that we make this a proper meeting so I was moved to the head of the table and everyone else took their spots per their importance and/or position in this meeting.

But, well, everyone here is of generally equal importance, so that was thrown out the window and aside from Illya and Mikoto who was unanimously decided to be seated closest to me, everyone else just sat where they were most comfortable.

Erald and Gazel also have attendants of their own standing behind them.

Gazel- “You got older, didn’t you Erald?”

Erald- “And you as well, Gazel. I see time hasn’t been too kind to you.”

Gazel- “Time has been an even worse mistress to you! Wrinkles are just covering your face.”

Erald- “Oh, hello pot? Meet kettle. He says you’re black!”

Gazel and Erald talk to each other with contempt on their faces, which is shocking.

The King of Dwargon and an Archduke of Thalion are arguing like children. There’s no real hatred in their words, just annoyance and spite. It’s like they’re only arguing for the sake of arguing. I think I remember something like this happening in the novels…

Gazel- “I fucked your mom!”

Erald- “I’ll 360 no scope you, you son of a bitch!”

Yup. Childish arguments. I wonder if they have Xbox 360’s in this world…

*Clap!*

I clap my hands to gain everyone’s attention.

Rimuru- “Right, first off, I think introductions are in order.”

No one objected.

Rimuru- “Then I’ll go first. My name is Rimuru and I'm the leader of Avalon. Technically, I'm a King, but I don’t really see myself as one.”

*Slam!*

Erald slams his hands onto the table and stands up abruptly.

Erald- “You! You’re that demon that seduced my daughter!”

*Spark*

Mikoto- “… You seduced someone, Rimuru?”

Mikoto glares at me with an expressionless face. The sheer pressure she is exuding causes me to break out in a cold sweat.

Again, how is it even possible for me to sweat in the first place!

And while I can understand Mikoto’s reaction…

Rimuru- “Uhm… why are you guys also glaring at me…?”

Illya, Shion, Shuna, Shizu, Ultima, Testarossa, Carrera and Treyni are also glaring at me.

Hinata- “Scum…”

The sheer pressure they are giving off dwarfs Erald’s many times over, causing every male in the room to shuffle uncomfortably in their seats. Even Diablo has a bead of sweat sliding down his forehead.

Ahh, truly “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”. I think that was a saying from Sun Tzu.

*Bang!*

The door slams open (again) and a familiar trio of adventurers enter.

Elen- “Dad!”

She quickly storms over to his side, takes out a paper fan from god knows where, and smaccs Erald over the head with it.

Elen- “What are you doing!?”

Erald- “Oh, ehe. I was informed that someone seduced my daughter, so I lost my cool.”

“Ehe” te nandayo!? You almost set off a war!

???- “That is incorrect. Our reports informed much more than that, you just jumped to conclusions.”

One of the attendants behind Erald spoke up.

Elen- “I knew it was all your fault!”

Elen shouts as she blushes to a dangerous degree.

Illya- “So… Onii-chan didn’t seduce anyone?”

And just like that, the pressure magically disappeared. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Although the girls that were glaring at me seemed to be sighing for a different reason… I wonder why?

Rimuru- “I would never do something like seducing someone. I'm already satisfied…”

I mumble to myself. Mikoto smiles brightly.

Elen- “Tch…”

Later, Elen, Gido and Kabal sit down with everyone else, deciding to join the discussion. Everyone decides to introduce themselves to get familiar with one another.

Elen also takes this chance to come clean with her background as the daughter of the Archduke who ran away to become an adventurer. Kabal and Gido are her guards.

Oh, and she’s an elf!

.

.

.

[Universal Sense]!? Hello!? Why couldn’t you see through her disguise!? Why do you choose not to work on important details like this!?

Erald- “Anyway, as I've mentioned before, I've heard that my daughter has a close relationship with the new Demon Lord.”

Gazel- “Heh. You’re too protective of your daughter, Erald.”

Erald- “Oh shut up.”

As expected of Thalion, they already came across information that there’s a new Demon Lord here in Avalon. Their information gathering is among the top of the world.

Soei and his shadows are better though.

I mean, knowledge about the Demon Lord is not exactly a secret. Information is slowly leaking into the humans, and as the humans come and go from Avalon, the information is slowly spreading across the world.

Although no one knows WHO this Demon Lord is.

Mikoto sheepishly raises her hand.

Mikoto- “Ehehe… That’s me.”

Erald- “… You’re the Demon Lord!?”

He looks shocked. He probably wasn’t expecting to meet such a noble existence so soon.

Gazel- “Hoh? The little miss is the new Demon Lord?”

Gazel just seems amused.

Elen- “That’s amazing!”

Elen just jumps out of her seat and hugs Mikoto who just smiles and returns the hug.

Hinata- “So Mikoto Misaka is responsible for what happened to the Farmus army?”

Nobody said anything for a while.

Illya- “Weeeeell… Mikoto wasn’t conscious when that happened…”

Kaval- “So you’re saying she did it unconsciously?”

Benimaru- “No, Mikoto-sama had little to do with the destruction of the Farmus army.”

Woah, Benimaru. That’s some strong language you’re throwing out there.

Diablo- “Sir Benimaru, ‘destruction’ is the wrong word to use in this situation.”

See? Even Diablo thinks to.

Diablo- “Total utter annihilation is the proper term.”

Goddamit Diablo.

Hinata- “So if Mikoto didn’t do it…”

Hinata is looking my way, already having an idea of who the true culprit behind this whole scenario is.

Rimuru- “*Burp* It was me. I wiped out the Farmus army.”

I say casually while resting my head lazily with my arm propping up my chin.

.

.

.

Erald- “… Eh? You?”

Rimuru- “Yeah, I didn’t know I could burp either.”

Erald- “Not that!”

Gazel- “Rimuru, you should be careful saying things like that. You’re the leader of Avalon.”

I just shrug.

Rimuru- “It’s the truth. It’s not like you guys will go spouting that information around either.”

Hinata- “The problem here remains. What are you going to tell the public? An entire army of over 20 thousand soldiers disappeared in the Jura Forest. And furthermore, what are you going to do with Farmus itself?”

I take a deep breath.

How do I say “I don’t give a shit about Farmus” without sounding like an asshole?

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker, socially awkward cringe slightly chuuni slime, True Dragon Slayer, Sensei, World's Strongest, Overpowered to a stupid degree, Mikoto's Equal

???: [Codex: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Yahweh, God of Creation], [Odin, God of Runes], [Azathoth, God of Void (Alternative)]

Equipment: Yamato - Genesis

 

A/N: You ARE an asshole, just embrace it.

MC:I have an image to uphold!

AN: An image of an asshole.

MC: ...

AN: ...

MC: ... Fuck you! 

AN: Fuck you too!

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/aMx9JU7N

30