Chapter 196 Ramiris has few friends
876 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So after explaining again that Mikoto is a newly evolved Demon Lord, Ramiris only had one reaction.

Ramiris- “… Ok.”

It turns out, she took it much better than I thought. I thought she would’ve been like “No way!” or something like that, but no, she took it in stride.

I mean, she was a bit surprised, but that’s only because she “didn’t think Mikoto to be the Demon Lord type”. She then followed up by saying “Well, neither was I! I guess you just decided to follow in my footsteps because you wanted to be awesome like me, yeah?” and stuff like that.

Mikoto- “So do I attend Walpurgis or not?”

Mikoto repeats her question from the last chapter.

Ramiris- “Hmm… Well yes, but actually no.”

Rimuru- “Ah yes, understandable.”

It’s not understandable…

Jarvis- “Ramiris-sama means to say that it’s circumstantial.”

Ramiris- “Yeah yeah, that. Originally, it’s practically mandatory to attend, or at least send a representative. Buuuut… you’re not an “accepted” Demon Lord.”

Ramiris goes on to explain that unless three other Demon Lords are backing up your claim, no one will take you seriously if you say you’re a Demon Lord. If anything, you’ll only provoke someone who would most likely come over and try to beat you up.

Ramiris- “Of course, if you prove your strength in some way, then that’s also okay.”

Ramiris calmly says as she sits on the table, nibbling on a meat bun that’s way too big for her body size.

I swear I don’t get where she stores all that food in that tiny body…

As for where she got it, well there’s a big plate of meat buns I made and placed in the middle of the table for everyone which are quickly diminishing.

Ramiris- “*Gulp* Clayman called for a Walpurgis in three days, so if you want, I can contact the others and recommend you a spot?”

Mikoto- “… You can do that?”

Ramiris- “Of course I can do that! Everyone listens to me! They’re scared to anger me and feel my wrath!”

Benimaru- “Forgive me for interrupting, but I don’t think you can fly around the world and talk to every Demon Lord within three days.”

Ramiris- “No way! I can't be bothered doing that either! You see, we Demon Lords have this SUPER secret telepathy network that we use to talk to each other. NO ONE knows about it!”

Ramiris proudly says as she puffs out her chest… as she publicly announces it in a room full of people.

Not so secret anymore… Well, Hinata, Gazel and Erald are having a field day with this information.

Although Hinata is aware that the target of faith for the church is Demon Lord Luminous Valentine, it’s not like she discloses EVERYTHING that happens, so this should be new information for her.

Mikoto- “Then… can you contact them?”

Mikoto says with a small smile. Is she planning something, I wonder…

Ramiris- “Yeah, just give me a sec…”

Ramiris closes her eyes and stays like that. I assume she’s currently talking to everyone else. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Mikoto stare at Ramiris with a slightly far off look before she smirks.

.

.

.

Ahh, I see now. Mikoto hacked into the connection.

As expected of my waifu! I remembered that the Demon Lord connection is heavily encrypted, and you need a special “code” given by one of them to gain access.

But unfortunately, Mikoto is a hacking genius. With her [Saitama] skill, that even extends to magicule based networks.

… Well, unless she suddenly went crazy and started smirking with a far off look for no reason, but I somehow doubt that.

Mikoto closes her own eyes and the whole room just sat in silence, anticipating whatever is coming next.

Their expressions shifted a few times. Ramiris showed a face of surprise while Mikoto has a smug look on her face. She probably revealed her presence to whoever else is on the connection.

Her face also shifted to one of distaste many times, no doubt talking to someone who sounds like a prick. Most likely Clayman. Maybe Leon too? Well, Leon can be a prick, but he’s not that bad from my memories. He just doesn’t know how to express himself properly.

Of course, he still made Shizue’s life kinda shit, as unintentional as it was, so I will still… “punish” him…

Vesta and Gabil suddenly have a chill run down their spines and close their legs.

I'm curious what they’re talking about, but I don’t want to copy Mikoto and hack into their conversation.

It’s not like I can't, especially with the world’s best imouto at my side, but I don’t want to reveal my presence. And if I'm not going to do that, then I don’t need to hack into the network in the first place.

Five minutes later, Mikoto and Ramiris open their eyes at the same time.

Ramiris- “Well, I guess you’re attending Walpurgis in three days.”

Ramiris looks at Mikoto with an unreadable expression.

Mikoto- “Hmm? What’s wrong?”

Ramiris- “Nothing, it’s just that… Clayman sounded a bit pissed off there. Are you going to be ok?”

I am reminded once again that, regardless of how she looks, Ramiris is a Demon Lord that’s lived since ancient times. She can be serious when the time calls for it, like right now.

Even I can tell (with my shit skill in reading emotions) that Ramiris is worried for Mikoto.

But that worry is unnecessary.

Mikoto- “Hah! A guy like him can’t touch me, whether directly or indirectly. He’s going to have to get through him first.”

Mikoto dismissively states while pointing towards me.

Rimuru- “I love you too.”

Mikoto- “Yeah I know.”

She turns her head away with a huff. I almost missed that blush on her cheeks.

Ramiris shrugs and goes back to eating meat buns.

Rimuru- “… Now that I think about it, why are you here anyway?”

Ramiris- “Eh? W-well… Ah, right! We have that deal, don’t we? It would be a shame if you couldn’t uphold your end of the deal and I had to pick up after you! Yup!”

Ah, that deal where Ramiris makes a dungeon in Avalon?

Jarvis- “Ramiris-sama was just worried about losing one of the few friends she has.”

Ramiris- “H-Hey!”

And like that, the meeting ended.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker, socially awkward cringe slightly chuuni slime, True Dragon Slayer, Sensei, World's Strongest, Overpowered to a stupid degree, Mikoto's Equal

???: [Codex: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Yahweh, God of Creation], [Odin, God of Runes], [Azathoth, God of Void (Alternative)]

Equipment: Yamato - Genesis

 

MC: When are we gonna have Veldora showing up? I demand an anwser!

AN: Fine fine. After Walpurgis. I dont think the readers would like it if I kept putting Walpurgis off again and again.

Im already delaying it for dozens of more chapters after all.

Im joking.

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/phpttD78

34