Chapter 209 Walpurgis end
950 12 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, Clayman disappeared, but I feel like everything is going to be alright, so I won't bother looking for him. Call it a gut instinct…

Nothing overly exciting happened afterwards.

Mikoto was accepted as a Demon Lord despite not defeating Clayman. This is mainly because everyone knew she could stomp him to the ground without too much trouble.

Not only that, but Milim, Ramiris and surprisingly Carrion also supported her legitimacy of holding the Demon Lord title.

Carrion, who just randomly took off his lion mask at some point, mainly supported her because Avalon decimated Clayman’s army when said army wanted to massacre Carrion’s citizens. And Milim and Ramiris just wanted to support her because they are friends.

So yeah, she became an accepted Demon Lord without much issue.

After that, Frey and Carrion stepped down as Demon Lords, stating that they realised how weak they were with Milim absolutely decimating Carrion, leading to him going MIA, and then the scuffle with Clayman just a few minutes ago.

After that, they went under Milim as her subordinates, to which she accepted, happy to get new lackeys that she can boss around.

Pfft, their funeral…

But we all quickly came to a realisation.

A horrifying realisation.

Ramiris- “So, like… What do we call ourselves now?”

Mikoto- “What do you mean?”

Ramiris- “I mean, we were called the Ten Great Demon Lords, y’know? But… there’s only eight of us now, including you.”

This causes some of the other Demon Lords to gasp and mutter to themselves, agreeing with Ramiris. What makes it comedic is that they all have a serious expression on their faces, more serious than any other time during the Walpurgis. Even Guy isn't as laid back anymore.

Mikoto- “Eh? That’s it?”

Daggrull- “Girl, you don’t understand. The last time we came together to discuss a new name for ourselves, it took THREE MONTHS before we finally came to an ‘agreement’.”

Mikoto- “Seriously…!?”

Roy- “And even then, our name only came about because we took too long to name ourselves, so the humans came up with something.”

Mikoto stares at all of them with wide eyes and a gaping mouth. Even I, who knew all this beforehand, is also a little amazed having heard this myself in person.

I mean, three months? That’s about a third of my entire life as a slime right there.

… Damn, I'm almost a year old at this point. I'm getting old…

Dino- “So… what do we do…?”

Dino murmurs, still half asleep.

Milim- “Ooh! We can just ask Rimuru to choose one nanoda!”

Eh? Me?

Ramiris- “Oh, that’s a good idea. Rimuru’s SUPER good at naming things!”

Woman, I am the guy who named his country Jugemu Jugemu Go-Kō-no-Surikire Kaijari-suigyo no Suigyō-matsu Unrai-matsu Fūrai-matsu Kū-Neru Tokoro ni Sumu Tokoro Yaburakōji no Burakōji Paipo Paipo Paipo no Shūringan Shūringan no Gūrindai Gūrindai no Ponpokopii no Ponpokonaa no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuke.

I am not good at naming things.

Furthermore, why don’t you ask Mikoto to do it? She’s the Demon Lord here!

Mikoto- “Yeah, Rimuru always had a knack for giving things names.”

You too! You’re throwing me under the bus as well!?

.

.

.

Don’t think I can't see you holding back your laugh woman! When we get back, I'm going to punish you!

Yeah… I'm going to punish you…

*Thinks about Mikoto’s thighs*

Ramiris- “So you got any ideas for names, Rimuru?”

Rimuru- “Mikoto’s thighs.”

I absentmindedly respond. By the time I realise what I just said, it was too late.

Mikoto- “Wha-!?”

Immediately, Mikoto’s face burst into a deep shade of red. I'm not joking, her face was crimson red. I think I even saw heat waves coming off her cheeks. The worst part? There was lightning. And lots of it.

*ZZZZZZZTTTT-BOOOOOOM!!!*

Rimuru- “GAAAAAAH!”

It didn’t hurt in any way. She can't hurt me, hell, NOTHING can hurt me at this point. Furthermore, regardless of my actions, she would never WANT to hurt me in the first place.

But, you know, habits and whatnot…

Rimuru- “*Cough*”

I cough out some black smoke as I think more about the names I could use.

I mean, I could just throw out Octagram and be done with it, but that name wasn’t TERRIBLY important. I could replace it with something of my own… colours, should I say?

Rimuru- “How about ‘The Lads’?”

They all shook their heads.

Rimuru- “Hmm… How about ‘Shrek’s Swamp’?”

Again, they shook their heads.

Hmph, thought they would like that one…

Rimuru- “ ‘Fortnite Gang’?”

Thankfully, they shook their heads again. I mean, I said it as a joke, but if they said yes… I would never forgive myself for having Mikoto become part of a group with that name.

Rimuru- “ ‘Fairy Princesses’?”

Ramiris- “YES!”

Ramiris’ vote was immediately shot down by the rest.

I continued throwing out names one after the other as I thought some of them up. Even Illya added some, but I think it’s because she thought it was fun. I mean, if it were her, she could throw out a badass, edgy name everyone would agree with like it was nothing.

Alas, she won't, because her intelligence is limited by the Author…

But in the end, after five minutes of throwing out names nonstop, some of them even eliciting some laughs, I fell back on the already tried-and-tested name.

Rimuru- “Octagram.”

And they all accepted.

Boo, such party poopers…

So yeah, the group is now called the Octagram. With that, the Walpurgis Council was officially concluded as Guy brought the event to a close (because Clayman, the one who started it, wasn’t here anymore).

There was a little afterparty of sorts, nothing special. There was a bunch of food brought out, courtesy of Guy, and every one of us ate and talked in little groups among ourselves except for Luminous and her group, as they immediately left.

Such a shame, the food is pretty good. And most importantly…

THERE ARE MEAT BUNS HERE TOO! WOOH!

Needless to say, the plate didn’t last five seconds before Ramiris, Treyni, Milim, Shizu, Mikoto and I immediately took everything for ourselves.

Feeling a bit sorry, I allowed Illya to disconnect with me and enjoy the food as well. Of course, I made sure to hide her under a concealment rune so no one would notice her other than those who already know her existence.

This went on for another hour and a half before the food mostly disappeared into Shizu and Illya’s stomachs, with Ramiris and Milim in a close second. Surprisingly, the fox (I'm not calling her fucking Nine Head, dumbass name) also ate a lot. I have no doubt that appetite would only increase after I name her…

Woe is me…

Anyway, the event ended, everyone started going home including us.

Milim- “See you later nanoda!”

Milim waves at us while Frey and Carrion lightly bow to us behind her.

Ramiris- “I’ll drop by soon!”

Ramiris shots while atop Treyni’s shoulder, Jarvis standing dutifully behind her.

Mikoto- “Bye!”

Mikoto waves over her shoulder as she enters the portal I opened for us back to Avalon. She walks through and the rest of us follow quickly.

Rimuru- “Don’t say goodbye like it’s going to be a long time before we see each other again. I just KNOW for a fact that you’re going to drop by later today, tomorrow, or the day after that by the latest.”

Ramiris and Milim sheepishly scratch the back of their heads before the portal closes.

Shizu- “… I think I forgot something…”

Shizu mutters to herself, carrying the fox in her arms.

Rimuru- “If you forgot, then it wasn’t important.”

Shizu thinks about my words for a moment before nodding her head.

Shizu- “Yeah, you’re right.”

(Third Person POV)

Meanwhile, back in the Walpurgis Council room, a certain figure still sitting in his chair stirs.

Leon- “Ugh… What happened…?”

Leon completely missed the entire meeting.

Back in Avalon, Rimuru threw a massive celebration for everyone’s job well done at raiding Clayman's Crackhouse. Although no one mentioned that it’s now in rubbles… not that he would’ve cared.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker, socially awkward cringe slightly chuuni slime, True Dragon Slayer, Sensei, World's Strongest, Overpowered to a stupid degree, Mikoto's Equal

???: [Codex: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Yahweh, God of Creation], [Odin, God of Runes], [Azathoth, God of Void (Alternative)]

Equipment: Yamato - Genesis

 

A/N: Walpurgis arc end!

... Fuck, what do I do now?

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/DhhXWN4z

31