Chapter 210 Tempting Murphy
981 15 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, after the little (big) celebration that happened in a small part of (all over) Avalon, I immediately woke up to do something I should’ve done a while ago.

And that is to change the poor fox’s name.

I mean seriously! What was Clayman smoking to name something fucking “Nine-Head”!?

I mean, I get that the fox can split up into multiple entities via its tails. But is it so hard to think of ANYTHING ELSE? Hell, even Kon-tarou is better.

Get it? ‘Cos foxes make the Kon sound? Eh?

… Yeah, it’s a shit name, but it’s better than fucking Nine-Head.

So yeah, I woke up and immediately sought out the poor little fox to rename it. Quickly finding it snuggled up in Illya’s and Shizu’s arms as they all slept, I sneak up to them silently while thinking about an important subject in my mind.

Should I name it Kumara, like in canon, or should I name it Senko?

Choices choices…

 I make a cup of coffee with [Yahweh] and start sipping before I eventually decided to name her Kumara. I mean, I named everyone with their canon names, I see no reason to stop now. Plus, there’s already another fox girl living in Avalon who I named Senko cos she looked so much like Senko-san.

Rimuru- “Your name will be Kumara…”

I whisper as I feel my magicules flow into the newly named Kumara’s sleeping body.

And I stare.

And I keep staring.

I even push [Universal Sense] to its absolute fucking limits.

There’s no fucking way I'm going to miss her evolution process. I've had this question of how monsters evolve for the LONGEST time. And I'm going to solve this mystery even if it’s the last thing I do.

And so I stare unblinking at her body for half an hour. I may seem like a creep, but I don’t care. I'm getting to the bottom of this.

Unfortunately, my plans were disrupted.

A fly.

A FUCKING fly.

It landed on my eye.

Now, with [Azathoth] and its insane defensive properties, I didn’t feel anything. It wasn’t ‘actually’ on my eyeball but separated by an infinitely thin barrier.

But even so, out of reflex, I blinked. It wasn’t a slow blink either, it was a fast blink made out of habit to chase away the fly. And the fly did indeed get chased away.

But during that blink… Kumara evolved.

She evolved within a tenth of a second.

.

.

.

HOW!?

VELDANAVA I SWEAR I WILL FIND YOU AND TEABAG YOU FOR ETERNITY FOR THIS!

No wait, that’s not a good enough punishment…

VELDANAVA I SWEAR I WILL EAT MEAT BUNS IN FRONT OF YOU WITHOUT GIVING YOU ANY FOR ETERNITY!

Haha, take that you already deceased asshole.

… Oh yea, he’s already dead.

Fuck.

So, in the end, I took the fly that distracted, me, teleported to a random place on the other side of the moon, took out Yamato from my inventory, and slashed at the fly with all my fury and annoyance.

The result was the complete disintegration of the fly and a gash in the ground that is several meters wide, dozens of meters deep, and several kilometres long.

I teleport back into the room where Shizu, Illya and Kumara are sleeping.

Kumara now looks like an adult fox woman with brown hair and nine long fluffy tails extending from her tailbone.

The scene of both Kumara and Shizu hugging each other with Illya in between them…

Illya- “Mmmm….”

Yuri is good for the soul.

I teleport back home and contact Testarossa for a report on Farmus’ situation.

I yeeted Yohm and his group through a portal leading straight into Farmus’ throne room a while ago. Yohm became king as agreed upon.

Of course, I didn’t toss him into that political lion’s pit without any help. I also gave him a book with the title of “How 2 🅱 King 4 Dummies” and Loki’s Scepter from the Marvel series. You know, the one that can mind control people.

No need to worry about people opposing you if you can just brainwash them to do your bidding! Mwahahaha!

And since Testarossa is my Military Attache, she deals with things outside of the country and, if needed, crush any problems. I asked her to keep an eye on Farmus, so I contacted her about its current status.

And unsurprisingly, everything is going well. Within a week, Mjurran took over the minds of all the nobles in the country with Loki’s Scepter and Yohm is just solidifying his position as King in the eyes of the commoners.

All is well.

A few hours later…

Rimuru- “… I'm bored…”

I'm sitting in my home, laying back on a couch and staring at the ceiling.

And I'm so bored!

Can’t someone timeskip a few days? Or at least until something exciting happens?

No no, I can’t think of things like this.

Rimuru- “Right, this is a good chance to relax. I’ll just sit back and enjoy my day. I mean, it’s been a rush of events and things are finally calming down. What are the chances of something suddenly happening to disturb my peace?”

.

.

.

*Sigh*

I guess even tempting Murphy didn’t work. Guess I might as well REALLY try to relax then.

*stomp*

*Stomp*

*Stomp!*

*STOMP!*

*BANG!*

Mikoto- “Rimuru! Something came up!”

Mikoto kicks open the doors while I turn my head to look at her with twitching lips, as I struggle to hold back my overwhelming smile.

Let me just say this: I fucking knew it.

One explanation session later, and I realise what’s going on.

Veldora’s reincarnation is coming to the Jura Forest. And it’s flying fast.

Mikoto- “It’s probably going to arrive in a few hours by now, according to Illya. Also, did you name Kumara?”

Rimuru- “Yes, why?”

Mikoto- “When?”

Rimuru- “While they were sleeping.”

Mikoto- “… Hooo…? So you were stalking them while they slept, huh…?”

*Spark*

Not wanting to suffer, I grab Mikoto by her waist and pull her into my chest in a hug.

Mikoto- “Kya!”

We ended up snuggling for an hour or so, just enjoying each other’s body warmth.

I laid back on the couch lengthways while slowly stroking Mikoto’s hair while she rested her head against my chest.

She smells nice…

Unfortunately, the time for me to deal with this new Storm Dragon arrived, so I had to separate.

I wonder what this new Dragon is like?

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker, socially awkward cringe slightly chuuni slime, True Dragon Slayer, Sensei, World's Strongest, Overpowered to a stupid degree, Mikoto's Equal

???: [Codex: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Yahweh, God of Creation], [Odin, God of Runes], [Azathoth, God of Void (Alternative)]

Equipment: Yamato - Genesis

 

A/N: A fly actually woke me up very early in the morning today, so fuck flies.

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/DhhXWN4z

30