Chapter 212 Naming a dragon…
968 16 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm sitting back at home snuggling with Mikoto and Illya when I suddenly gain an influx of information. Instinctually, I knew that this information was the memories of the clone I made not long ago, the one I sent to check on the new Storm Dragon.

The first thing that entered my mind were thoughts and plans to kill myself. I don’t mean to say that the clone wanted to kill me, I'm saying that the clone wanted to commit suicide.

It seems it really didn’t want to risk any chance of becoming a slave like Clone 1, huh… Well, that, or this specific clone had the personality of a depressed emo edgy teenager.

Anyway, regardless of his thoughts, he had to complete my mission first since, in the end, he is an effect of my skill.

The memories continued to flow into my head and I got the full picture. The Clone went out and met the new Veldora. He found that the dragon wanted to come to the Jura Forest out of curiosity, and so my clone made a necklace to suppress its magicules and aura so it wouldn’t accidentally kill anyone.

However, the necklace wouldn’t fit, so he decided to give the dragon a new body. HIS BODY, to be exact.

His line of thought was “Hey, I'm a clone, Canon Rimuru used a clone for Canon Veldora to inhabit, plus I don’t have to go back and risk enslavement at the office with the other guy, so it’s win-win!” and so he just offered his body to Veldora.

Although he could’ve worded it differently. I mean, “Take me”? Seriously?

Rimuru- “Right girls, please get up. I need to meet the new Veldora and he should be appearing soon.”

Mikoto- “Ugmmm…”

Illya- “I don’t wanna…”

Both of them groan while resting on my chest, each of them taking one half.

I honestly wonder to myself if I deserve to be in this position, being cuddled by two amazing girls.

… Meh, I probably don’t, but I'm not complaining.

Rimuru- “No, but seriously, I need to go. I'm sorry.”

While saying that, I teleport out from my position under them. Feeling their sense of warmth disappearing, they instead grab each other and press their body up against the other.

… *wipes bloody nose* Fucking hell, yuri really is good for the soul.

But alas, I wasn’t lying when I said that the new Veldora would be appearing very soon.

Sad.

My clone made a necklace to suppress its power, but once he decided to give his body to it, he added another function to the necklace.

A teleport function. Basically, it will teleport the wearer to Avalon on command. Since, you know, the dragon’s human form wouldn’t be able to fly…

True to my estimations, I feel a spatial ripple appear not far from here. Specifically, it appeared next to Shizue’s memorial on the hill with the great sunset view surrounded by wisteria trees.

Teleporting again, I reappear several meters away from the figure that recently appeared so as to not startle them before I slowly walk closer.

They have their back turned to me, so I can't really see what they look like, so I call out.

Rimuru- “Hello. My name is Rimuru. You must recognize me as you already met my clone…”

My words were stuck in my throat as he turned around.

*Cough* Sorry, let me rephrase that.

My words were stuck in my throat as SHE turned around.

The figure is a rather cute young girl with black hair reaching her hips and golden eyes. Looking closer, I notice that her ears have pointed tips, and her eyes have noticeably black reptilian slits in them.

Thankfully, she is wearing clothes as they have generated using her magicules, designed from her subconscious desire.

Let me just say that her subconscious desire is fucking extreme.

She is wearing a mainly black Gothic Lolita designed dress, with certain parts containing purple and pink. And it’s… very revealing too.

Even so, I can tell. She is strong. Her strength hasn’t diminished in her new humanoid form and if not for the necklace, then her presence would’ve already drowned the area in vicious winds and lightning, whether she wanted it or not.

But, I have one concern at the forefront of my mind despite this…

Rimuru- “Why the fuck do you look like Ophis from Highschool DXD!?”

Why!? How!? She looks exactly like Ophis from my memories if you exclude her golden eyes! What the fuck!

???- “… Nn?”

She makes a cute sound while tilting her head. I swear I saw a question mark next to her head too.

Rimuru- “*Sigh*”

First I find that this new Veldora is in fact a female, or at least she’s using a female form. Next, I find that her clothing style also isn't different from DXD Ophis, being very… extreme.

I mean, tape on her nipples?

Really?

Whoever designed her character had some fetishes that I may or may not approve of.

(A/N: Don’t lie, you totally approve.)

I hold up my hand and use [Yahweh] to generate a meat bun before nibbling on it. I need to destress…

Rimuru- “So… do you have a name or are you still called Veldora?”

???- “…”

She doesn’t respond. She doesn’t even seem to register my words.

Instead, her golden reptilian slitted eyes are staring intensely at me.

No, not me… at the meat bun?

.

.

.

I like this girl.

I make another meat bun and toss it over to her. She catches it with both hands, raises it up to her face, stares at it for several seconds, sniffs it a few times, and takes a very small bite.

???- “Nh!?”

It felt like she just discovered what drugs were. Her eyes are sparkling and her body froze, struggling to process the awesomeness a meat bun holds.

Except, you know, drugs are bad. Meat buns are better.

Reject drugs, return to bun.

Rimuru- “So you got a name or not?”

???- “Nn… Veldora…”

She nods her head.

So she’s still called Veldora huh?

.

.

.

I don’t accept this!

Rimuru- “Hmm… Nah, screw that. Your name will be Velophis. You don’t have a choice, fuck everything else.”

The World System might wish to keep her name the same. But it seems to have forgotten one tiny detail…

The World System is by bitch.

Or rather, it’s Illya’s bitch.

Rewriting a name is child’s play.

The newly christened Velophis stares blankly at me, probably wondering “can he even do that…?” before she decides to not bother thinking about it, returning to nibbling on the rapidly diminishing meat bun in her hands.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker, socially awkward cringe slightly chuuni slime, True Dragon Slayer, Sensei, World's Strongest, Overpowered to a stupid degree, Mikoto's Equal

???: [Codex: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Yahweh, God of Creation], [Odin, God of Runes], [Azathoth, God of Void (Alternative)]

Equipment: Yamato - Genesis

 

A/N: Velophis is a mix of Veldora and Ophis, in case you didn’t realise. Or to be specific, I just added “Vel” in front of “Ophis”. Because all True Dragons seem to have the prefix “Vel”.

Veldora, Veldanava, Velgrynd, Velzard, even Gaia is occasionally called Velgaia in the webnovel (I think).

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/DhhXWN4z

35