Chapter 215 Danmachi dungeon in Tensura
957 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Babel Tower, a massive structure located in Orario, the famous Dungeon City in the world of Danmachi.

The massive grey tower in front of me was designed after that same tower. Of course, there are a few changes, such as the supportive (and troll) runes I engraved into the building upon its creation, and a few other design changes.

For some reason, the top of Babel Tower was never shown in the Danmachi anime. Some say it’s endless in height, but I somehow doubt that. Because of this, I don’t actually know how high the original goes.

So, in the end, I made my Babel Tower a simple 40 floors in height.

Granted, each floor is fucking MASSIVE, so this grey (occasionally pink) tower is still the tallest construction in Avalon.

The first floor is the entrance to the dungeon as well as where the “Guild” will be located. I'm going to have to talk to Fuze about setting up shop here…

Anyway, this Guild will post missions/quests that adventurers can turn in for extra rewards. It will also collect any magic crystals that the monsters may drop.

Yes, I am going to make these monsters drop magic crystals. No, that is not possible for normal monsters in this world since most monsters don’t have such a thing naturally in their body.

Magic crystals are valuable in this world, as it is usually mined from the ground as magic stones and processed into crystals, which will then be used in certain magic items.

So yes, monsters dropping fully processed magic crystals will be a mind-blowing event. It could even tilt the world economy, as said crystals will become much more common.

But do I care? No. Therefore monsters in this dungeon will drop magic crystals. Fuck anyone else who says otherwise.

After that, each floor will house something different, all having relations to the dungeon below and adventuring in general.

So some floors will have blacksmiths, some floors will brew potions, other floors will hold books and information, etc…

I'm even reserving a floor for a pub by the name of “Hostess of Fertility” just for tradition… and memes. I also hope it will attract many beautiful women-

*Jab*

Rimuru- “*Cough*”

Mikoto elbows me in the stomach in the middle of my monologue, causing me to cough.

Rimuru- “What was that for?”

Mikoto- “You were thinking about other women.”

Mikoto stares at me with an accusing glare.

She knows! Quick! Use Talk-no-Jutsu!

Rimuru- “I was thinking about how sexy you would look in a green maid dress.”

I mean, it’s true. I would definitely visit a LOT if Mikoto served as a waitress there.

Mikoto- “I-Is that s-so…”

Mikoto loses all her annoyance and looks towards the ground as her cheeks betrayed her, showing a healthy red flush.

I feel Illya, Milim and Ramiris squint their eyes at me. Velophis just continues to stare blankly into the distance.

Is it just me, or is that jealousy I'm feeling…?

Hmm… weird.

At the base of the tower, there are four massive entrances in the four cardinal directions, so you can enter from anywhere.

In the centre, there is a big hole dozens of meters wide with a staircase spiralling down. That hole is the entrance to the dungeon… that doesn’t exist yet. I mean, I could make a dungeon myself, but why do that when someone else can?

On that note…

Rimuru- “Ramiris! I'm counting on you!”

I said while gesturing to the giant hole.

Ramiris floats forward, ready to work her magic, but as she looks down, she pauses and slowly turns towards me, a confused expression on her face.

Ramiris- “Uhm… Rimuru… why is there a portal to hell here?”

I get confused before walking forward towards the hole and looking down.

There, I see an obsidian portal leading straight to the Nether.

.

.

.

Goddammit, Shizu.

Rimuru- “Sorry, ignore that. Continue…”

Ramiris thankfully decides not to say anything and shrugs before waving her hand, causing the scene of the Nether to disappear. Replacing it is the continuation of the hole, leading further down with a spiralling staircase to follow.

Although I think I saw my brother from my past life in hell… I must be imagining things.

Halfway down, a thick shadow prevents me from seeing further. Using [Universal Sense], I can tell that the hole ends after several more meters, and that shadow is purely visual. Probably an effect to make the whole thing seem creepy.

Now that I think about it, that shadow was probably purposefully put there by Ramiris.

Ramiris- “So… what now?”

Rimuru- “Right right, don’t worry. Here, I have it all planned out!”

I say while taking out a small thin book from my ass- *Cough* my inventory.

Rimuru- “Here. Inside is a guide I made on which floor should do what.”

I say while handing it over to Ramiris.

I gotta, a fairy casually holding up and flipping through a book her size is funny to watch.

Inside the book is a detailed guide on designs for the dungeon.

On the first couple of floors are weak goblins and kobolds. After that are killer ants and other slightly stronger monsters. After that are even stronger monsters, and it continues to go on like this.

Yes, it’s completely designed after Danmachi’s dungeon.

And no, I won't be using normal monsters here. These guys will be more like mindless magic constructs in the shape of monsters. On the upper floors, they will be weaker than their counterparts in the outside world.

Plus, you know, they’ll be ugly as hell. So ugly in fact, that even if I brought a goblin from the outside in here, they will find no hesitation in killing the goblins in the dungeon.

Also, I will make SURE that any goblin spawned in the dungeon won’t have any genitals. I don’t need this to turn into a new Goblin Slayer anime, thank you very much.

I mainly did this because I don’t like how OG Rimuru did things in canon. I mean, the 10th-floor boss was a fucking B Rank monster!

I want my dungeon to be newbie-friendly. As if in “I just picked up a weapon yesterday” friendly. As if in “Hi I'm Bell Cranel at the start of canon” friendly.

So yeah, the monsters in the first several floors will be weak as fuck and generally spread out. After that, the spawn rates will speed up, the monsters will start gathering into larger groups and they will also grow stronger individually as the floors go down.

Newer and newer monsters will also be introduced as you descend until you hit the 17th floor where you will meet your first boss monster. After that, on the 18th floor will be a safe zone where no monsters will spawn.

Just like the simulations- I mean, just like the anime.

Once they reach the 18th floor, or any safe floor for that matter, you will be able to register it as a “checkpoint” that you can then teleport to and from the surface whenever you want.

You can't bring other people with you though.

There are a few more details, but that can wait for later.

-----

Name: Rimuru

Race: Origin Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: Highest Tier Spirit, Leader of the Monsters, Onii-chan, King of Avalon, Master of Headpats, Procrastinator King, The Nutcracker, socially awkward cringe slightly chuuni slime, True Dragon Slayer, Sensei, World's Strongest, Overpowered to a stupid degree, Mikoto's Equal

???: [Codex: Illyasviel]

Ultimate Skills: [Yahweh, God of Creation], [Odin, God of Runes], [Azathoth, God of Void (Alternative)]

Equipment: Yamato - Genesis

 

A/N: I got lazy and just designed the dungeon after the one found in Danmachi. 

MC: I wonder if I should go to the Danmachi world one day? Just to fuck with plot. Like, what if I threw Bell a sword that will kill any monster at the slightest cut? Like an Anti-Monster Murasame from Akame ga Kill?

AN: Ooh, that sounds fun. And then Lili a Cardinal Weapon from the Shield Hero series for fun lmao

Let me know if I missed anything.

https://discord.gg/FXHEXH53

28