2. Endings mark new beginnings
173 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Welcome to the Underworld~," a voice said

I swiftly turned towards the source of the voice which sounded vaguely familiar. It was a man's voice, I'm sure.

But first things first, I slowly looked down at my body and what I saw creeped me out of my skin. I was translucent. I could see my body but I could also see through it.

'Underworld'.... the voice said...I'm.....dead?

"Who...?" I asked squinting to see something using the low levels of light in that room.

Frankly talking, that place didn't feel like a 'room' in any way. It was more like an ancient, fancy dungeon with torches more than a room. I looked around with the feeble sources of light which turned out to be the few candles that lit up this place.

"Are you done looking around? If so, let's get started on your report" the voice said once again, snapping me out from my self-mini-tour of that place.

"Huh?" was the only thing that slipped out from my mouth at the sudden question

"Name; Tessa  Anderson-" he started without waiting for a proper answer from me

"Stop." I interrupted, looking around for the person who was speaking but was met with semi-darkness "I can't let a stranger judge my fate, I don't allow it" 

There was a short pause before the reply came "Ha...That makes no sense, are all dead people acquainted with the person who judges them?.... there are few exceptions though" the voice said, his voice becoming no more than a whisper at the last part

But because of the lack of furniture and people in that room, they echoed around me in a weird way.

"Who. are. you?" I asked. It was strange, I usually minded my own business and never even cared about other people, it was a habit honestly. I just felt like I need to know the identity of this voice.

"Who am I?" the voice repeated, asking no one in particular "Heh, what a question..." it said softly, amusement lingering in his words.

Suddenly, the numerous torches on the walls flickered to life all at once, letting me have a clear view of the whole room. All the things in that place were still black and grey but I could see the beauty hidden in them. I looked up and saw a huge chandelier hanging from it and the carvings around it, which I thought was random before created beautiful pictures on the ceiling.

But when I tried looking towards the direction of the voice and what I saw was a throne on a high dais an... a shadow sitting on it. No, putting it more specifically a void in the shape of a person was sitting on the throne.

"So... you're a shadow?" I asked

".....never changed....." he murmured something I couldn't completely catch

"Wha-"

"Crown Prince," the voice said, curtly cutting me off and correcting my thoughts of him being a shadow. "Twice" he continued after a short pause

'Eh? that makes no sense' I decided not to ask any more questions because he cut me off once again before I could ask anything

 "Name; Tessa Anderson, Age; 17, Cause of death: Truck accident and heart attack" he continued

I stared on waiting for him to announce the verdict of doom.

I heard the sound of shuffling papers and a deep intake of breath before I heard the final decision.

 "Reports of achievements?" the voice asked to himself

I stayed silent, wasting my precious vocal cords on the person who always interrupts everything  I say is not worth it.

I heard the shuffling of papers for a bit more before the shadow decided to speak once again.

"Yeah, right here" he softly murmured to himself

In the blink of an eye, an old scroll materialized in my hands, as I opened it, I saw that the contents were written in elegant but really familiar handwriting.

The voice started announcing its contents;

___.___.___.___

 NameTessa Anderson

Galaxy#2205 [ Milky Way Galaxy]

Planet: Earth

Achievement(s)Saved the heroine who was originally supposed to be severely injured by a truck.

Rewards--???--

___.___.___.___

I raised an eyebrow and looked towards the shadow on the throne "What is this?"

"Proof that your life sucks" came the instant reply 

"Tell me something I don't know" I huffed, suddenly finding the voice annoying

"Fine. You were a side character in a cheesy novel who cut short her life trying to protect the heroine" he said bluntly 

I felt my jaw slowly hanging open. Considering my stoic personality, making me stunned or express any kind of harsh emotion was almost impossible, but this.....

How can he be so blunt?! Does he have no sense of sympathy for the person on the receiving end of this particularly shocking news?

"Hm, right as your rewards I'll let you live in the place you loved the most. With all the memories of your past life", he announced, not allowing me time to process the information he just told me

"Say what now?" I asked, confused 

"I said, I'll let you live in the place you loved the most when you were alive, with all your present memories," he said "Ugh, the mood is ruined" he complained loud enough for me to hear.

I didn't listen. Something struck me at the words... 'the place I loved the most'? .... A view popped up in my mind instantly, the picture of the world in the novel 'In a world of her own' which I constructed using the description in the novel.

A view popped up in my mind instantly, the picture of the world in the novel 'In a world of her own' which I constructed using the description in the novel

The voice laughed lightly, his voice laced with amusement of some sort.

Wait a second!

'He wouldn't-!!!'  

"You possibly couldn't-!" I couldn't complete my sentence before a headache the intensity of a migraine hit me.

Before I slowly slipped into unconsciousness, I caught something the voice said;

"Bye, Tessa... ah, no... it's Krystal now, isn't it?... Take care"

I blacked out.

.

.

A little while later

.

.

Cold, cold, cold!

It's goddamn freezing!

Someone turn down the air conditioning!

"It's a girl, Mis- I mean, Elder Miss," someone said

"She looks exactly like Master!" 

I tried to slowly open my eyes which I accomplished after a few minutes of trying. But as I looked around, everything was all blurry. Even after blinking few times, everything still remained blurred.

I felt myself being moved from one person to another. Wait. Moved? That does not make any sense! I'm a fully grown teenager!

.....or am I?

I tried bringing one of my hands in my field of view, even if my sight was really blurry, I could make out that it was extremely small and chubby... wait a second, chubby?! 

' There is no way I'm a baby now! Ok let me try this,

'Ahhhhhh' I tried saying, let's emphasize on the tried. tried to say, but nothing came out of my mouth.

Ok. Now let's freak out.

A voice came from the direction of the person who was carrying me "My daughter..... is very pretty indeed... aren't you, sweetie?" it sounded like a woman, but the voice sounded so weak and fragile.

I suppose she is my mother... 

I couldn't see very clearly but I could make out that she had golden tresses decorated with sparkling jewels and bright green eyes which reminded me of evergreen forests.

I couldn't see very clearly but I could make out that she had golden tresses decorated with sparkling jewels and bright green eyes which reminded me of evergreen forests

But her ears looked really strange... They were longer and more pointed than normal human ears. 

Elves.

I don't know why, but it suddenly came into my head. 

Elves... Why did that word suddenly appear in my mind?

No. 

No. 

No.

I am not an... elf, right?

I don't have anything against elves, but actually being one?! That's out of the question. I already had enough with me being turned into a baby but now an elf? 

Wait... just because I have an elf for a mother doesn't mean I will be one, right? I mean, the father could be human...?

I slowly raised one of my hands to touch my ear, that was the easiest way to check if I'm an elf or not. After a lot of hard work, my hand finally reached my ear, and what I felt was not the normal ears I had for the past 17 years of my life but small, pointed ones.

.....

I am calm.

*Inhale* *Exhale*

I am peaceful.

*Inhale* *Exhale*

I have a wonderful life

*Inhale* *Exhale*

......

Who am I fooling?

Suddenly, a man barged in amidst the cries of maids and nurses to 'not disturb the patient' and ran to the lady- my mother, and grabbed her hand as he started crying.

As he came closer, I had a bit better view of the newcomer. He had deep purple eyes and silky-looking jet-black locks that covered his forehead. From what I could see with that blurry vision of mine, with a straight nose, plump lips, and eagle-shaped eyes, he looked perfect

This must be my father.

I hope I have those god-like genes ( if not, I'm probably going to curse out that 'Crown Prince' or whatever)

I hope I have those god-like genes ( if not, I'm probably going to curse out that 'Crown Prince' or whatever)

"My dearest! Are you alright?!" he cried, quite literally. I could barely hear what he said through all those sniffles and sobs

My mother weakly smiled back at him "Yes, I'm alright. But look at our little princess... she's so beautiful" she said as she looked towards me with a look of pure adoration on her face 

"...Here hold her for a bit," my mother said as she slowly handed me over to him 

 He carefully held me, as if I would fall from his hands at any moment even if he made the slightest mistake. As he bought me up to his face, I felt the sadness in his eyes turn into blissful joy as he laughed lightly.

But as I looked more closely I realized something, he looked so familiar to someone... I tried to think more about it but nothing came to mind.

Suddenly, a maid spoke up "What.. what will you name the Young Miss, Master Amethyst?"

Amethyst? 

I know this name...

It was at the tip of my tongue...

Purple eyes, coal-black hair, Amethyst...

Suddenly everything just clicked into place as I realized what was actually happening around me. Why I was a baby, why all the people around me were so familiar, and why everyone had out-of-the-world beauty here.

I was reincarnated into 'In a world of her own', the only novel I read in the past 17 years of my life

As the Main Villainess, 

Krystal Von Amethyst

My life is just so amazing.

*   *   *

Author's note:

As the dedicated author I am, I stayed up until 12 in the night and waited to publish this at the right time :) I'm so nice, right?

Anyway, 
Yup. I'm finally back for good this time

And I think I can publish a lot more often cause MY HOLIDAYS R ABOUT TO START🥳

Thank you all for waiting so patiently! I love y'all!!

Plz vote and comment 

Word count: 1900

Published: 25.6.21

7