Chapter Four: Esmeralda the Girl.
1.9k 26 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She appeared to be a teenage girl, with short dark greenish hair, her eyes is orange-yellowish, with the black irises being a sharp dot going downwards, not a round circle like normal irises does, her eyes looked like a reptile while her body is cold.

Most important of all, she’s completely naked up and down, lying on Marc’s body.

“Mom…” The girl said, expressing her confusion and then took a moment of realization “Woa… I can speak now…”

Marc, being visibly worried and dumbfounded, took a moment to look at the girl top to bottom.

“Is that you..? Esmeralda?”

The girl nodded with a nice smile, showing her short fangs ‘do dragons even have sharp fangs?’ Marc thoughts.

“I’m a girl now mom!” Esmeralda said, snuggled herself onto Marc’s body and rubbed against it.

“Uh… Let’s put some clothes on first, Mei might have something we can use.”

In the mist of the night, Esmeralda’s body began to heat up weirdly, as she blushed and some sweats going down from her palm onto Marc’s chest.

“It’s so… hot, I want some love daddy…” Esmeralda said, leaning her head towards Marc’s face slowly as he began to sweat too.

“Who taught you that word?”

“I learnt a lot, I’d figured we could learn something about one another~”

Marc lied quietly as Esmeralda sat on his body, gradually flexing the attractive curves and eye-catching “parts” of her body. As well as rubbing herself against Marc.

Bonk

“Ouch.”

Marc grabbed a book on the drawer nearby and tapped the top of Esmeralda’s head, enough force to knock some realization onto her brain, but not enough for her to cry.

“Esmeralda/Veldrielynth, you don’t have to put on clothes right now but I’m sleeping on the couch until you stop getting weird thoughts.”

That night, Esmeralda slept on Marc’s bed in regrets and pented-up sadness. While Marc slept with one eye open on the couch.

“At least cover yourself…” Marc sighed in disbelief, as he got up and put his blanket onto Esmeralda’s naked body, covering her as well as closing the nearby window.

New skill(s):
+Transformation (Human)
Transformation: When in Dragon form, the skill will display “Human” and vice versa, activate the ability to switch to the displayed form. Two hours cooldown since last use. 

Morning came, Pearl woke up earliest so as usual, he knocked on Rina and Marc’s door to wake them up. Leaving only his younger sister still in her drooling dreams.

“Hey Marc. How's the first night with Esmeralda?” Rina said, standing in front of Marc’s door and yawning. Pearl was already heading out for morning walks.

“Rina?” Marc opened the door slightly and peeked his face out. Then took a look at Rina top to bottom.

“Uh, something’s wrong?” Rina asked with her pointy elf ears flopped down, trying to get a look inside his room, she’s already taller than Marc but she went ahead and tiptoed anyway.

“Do you recon a…” Marc paused for a second, closed the door, took a quick look inside his room and opened it again, continuing where he left off. “A teenage girl, around my chest height can fit onto your clothes? I need to borrow some for research purposes.”

“... Do you know how bad you are at lying? Did someone crawl into your room and you two did some not-so-clean things?”

“Noooo…. Maybe?” Marc said, emphasizing and stretching the word no before scratching his temple.

Yawn… Marc’s still sleeping?” Mei then came out from her room, yawning and wiping her mouth from the night drools. When she saw Rina was standing outside of Marc’s room, she got curious and asked up.

“Mei, can Marc borrow some of your clothes? He’s taking on cross-dressing” Rina said with the biggest possible grin, measuring Mei’s height in her head

Marc said the girl is around his chest, while Mei’s eyes reached Marc’s chin, it shouldn’t be that much of a difference while Rina is taller than Marc, which won’t fit onto Esmeralda’s body.

“Wha-” Mei was shocked, wide opened her half asleep eyes and stood still unable to process this information.

“He’s trying to be a good mother figure, literally, just get a half decent fit.” Rina winked at Marc who was silently squinting his eyes at her, then she pushed Mei back to her room.

Everyone except Pearl who is grabbing breakfast at a nearby city gathered in the dining room, where a cute human form Esmeralda is nervously fumbling and knitting her thumbs. She’s wearing a white buttoned shirt and a long dress that goes all the way down to her feet, “I used to work as a waitress so this outfit would be necessary.” Mei claimed, while combing Esmeralda’s messy hair.

There’s an invisible wall between Marc and Esmeralda since last night, she felt ashamed for that weird sudden howniness that took over her common sense. Marc on the other hand, felt awkward, knowing exactly what his “daughter” wanted when she sat on him. As a mother figure, he will have to try and avoid that.

With all these factor in, they can’t make eyes contact for more than a millisecond, Marc wanted to leave the room for some breakfast but he thought that might tell Esmeralda the wrong idea, something like: ”I hate you, daughter and I don’t want to be in the same room as you.” so he tried to act normally, not to the point of acting like nothing happened, but enough to not worsen the awkwardness.

While Esmeralda, who was sitting next to him, is having an internal mental struggle, trying to solve the situation ‘Do I hold his hand? Do I say sorry? Do I bow down? All at once?” she thought, dangling her legs rapidly on the chair.

Seeing the awkward silence and not-to-stare rule between them, Rina stood up, walked behind Esmeralda. She then put her hands underneath Esmeralda’s armpits to lift her up, not to the point of her being in mid air, but enough to get Esmeralda standing up from sitting.

“Let’s get some clothes, we can’t borrow Mei’s wardrobe forever can we Esmeralda?”

“Oh, that I don’t min-”

“Let’s go kid.”

Mei tried to let out the fact that she got more than enough clothes lying around, plus she loves Esmeralda so there’s no problem, but immediately got cut off by Rina, who was already leading Esmeralda outside.

At a bustling and hustling city 15 minutes away from The Freedom Group’s house. Rina knows for a fact that Pearl must be in a restaurant or a stall somewhere getting his breakfast. She held Esmeralda’s hand tightly while leading her through the crowded street, like a mom worried about losing her daughter.

‘If Marc is my mom, do I have to call Rina my dad? Or my step mom?’ Esmeralda thought, smiling tenderly while holding onto Rina’s hand.

“Hey, Esmeralda, want to play a prank on Pearl?” Rina stood outside a restaurant, squinted a bit, then turned around to ask Esmeralda.

“Is the four-eyes bookworm here?” Esmeralda said with a clueless face. Her intentions didn’t mean any disrespect, it’s just how Marc introduced Pearl when she got her name. Well minus the four-eyes part.

Rina nodded, then led her inside where, indeed, Pearl was there. It’s an almost empty restaurant with a wooden sign carved with the word “Olimp”. She didn’t bother explaining what prank she intended, she just led Esmeralda towards him.

“Hey Pearl!” She waved, even though Pearl isn’t looking at her yet. And she immediately dropped her wave when Pearl turns around.

‘The f…’ Esmeralda noticed and was confused.

“Oh, Mei isn’t up yet?” Pearl said while wiping his mouth with some napkins. 

Esmeralda notices his glasses are on the table, he seems to be the guy that doesn’t wear glasses while eating. His eyes are shown to be somewhat yellow mixed green, mostly yellow part which kind of intimidated her for some reason.

“No no she’s up, but she wasn’t coming, yet? Anyways, can you take care of my long lost sister while I do some shopping? Thanks!” Rina said, immediately pushed Esmeralda towards Pearl and walked out with another goodbye wave.

“But you’re an elf...-” Pearl said in confusion, knowing well that Rina won’t explain or even care what he got to said.

He then waved for Esmeralda to walk towards him, which she gladly did.

“Are you lost, young lady?” Pearl said, thinking that Rina picked up a lost child and now contacting the city’s authorities, which probably didn't make sense since she wasn't bringing this kid with her, but that’s the best explanation he got.

Esmeralda shook her head aggressively making her hair wiggled and her ears to ring, trying to imitate what mid-teenagers would do. But that action seems more like an elementary child. “I’m curious about the Mei you talked about.”

‘That’s so suspicous, he’s going to know I’m pranking him, but no way right?’ She thought, nervously getting closer and sat on a chair beside him and sat down.

Pearl took one more bite out of his bowl, he’s eating chicken rice porridge with a heavy amount of fresh herbs stirred in. He then wiped his mouth again to talk. The mage didn't seem to be bothered by Esmeralda’s cold reptile eyes.

“Mei? She’s my sister, I’m kind of ashamed to admit it but she has more potential in magic than me. I’m definitely not going to compete, all I ever wish for is for her to live a carefree life just like mom once asked."

‘Dude, you just told your entire life story and your relationship to a random stranger in five seconds. What if I’m a spy from your rivalry group disguised as a child?’ Esmeralda thought.

“Marc, our dumb leader on the other hand, is who I’ve ever wanted to be…” Pearl said with a calm and weirdly nostalgic voice, he then took a moment to grab one more bite of porridge “On the outside, he might be a dumb and almost too friendly dude, but he know ways to look at people and their lives. He has more experience than any of us, he always tried his best which seems normal, but trust me, not everyone can do that these days. He just doesn’t understand that, about how much of a figure he is to us.”

clap clap

Esmeralda stayed in silence, quietly watching Pearl, who is resting his chin on his hand and telling her stories like grandmas does. She clapped for no reason, is it because of his ability to storytelling? Is it how admirable Marc is? Pearl noticed but didn’t care too much.

“Sometimes I wonder what he went through or what he witnessed before The Freedom Group forms. He and Rina invited us both in. Us here being me and Mei, how weird” Pearl is now completely lost in his thoughts, like it’s his dream to tell stories. Esmeralda wondered if she should even say something.

“By the way… That shirt and dress you’re wearing… Have I seen it somewhere?”

‘Shit’ Esmeralda thought, while nodding and shrugging.

“Have you eaten breakfast? Call something off the menu and I’ll get it for you.”

“I can’t… Thank you.” She said, knowing well she could just turn back to her dragon form and eat less than her human form, or so she thought. 

“Then please give me a second to finish this, then we’ll go find Rina.” Pearl said, putting on his glasses again and speeding up to finish his meal.

‘Dude, that’s the worst idea ever, she said we’ll have to wait here for her to buy stuff, if we go everyone would be lost. Aren’t you supposed to be the smart one?’ Esmeralda said, quietly watching.

By the moment Pearl and Esmeralda stood up from their seats and walked out, Rina was already back with some fresh clothings in bags.

“So, how’s your time with Esmeralda?” She said, smirking towards Pearl.

Pearl, obviously confused, tried to search around.

“Esmeralda? Where is she?”

“Eek!” A light beam then covered Esmeralda human’s body, after a moment she turned into her baby dragon form again, which fell flat on the ground from transforming.

Rina grinned while Pearl squinted here eyes while speechless.

“Kid, did you trick me into telling you bedtime stories?” Pearl asked, picking Esmeralda up from her tail.

“Kek eik.” Which meant ‘You didn’t ask my name nor where I’m from Pearl. And I didn’t trick you’

"High five!" She said, putting her palm near Esmeralda face, which she reached her smol arm out to clap against.

Pearl facepalmed, put Esmeralda on top of Rina’s hair then walked away, he just shared his heart out for a relative. He could only count on Esmeralda for keeping secrets, or he could just bribe/threaten her which doesn’t seems like a good idea.

“Hey wait up!” Rina slightly turned her head, letting Esmeralda fall down to her shoulder and followed Pearl.

55