Chapter Five: Before the Storm
1.5k 8 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was only an hour until they got back home, Esmeralda accidentally used her transformation ability to prank Pearl, now she’s in her smol dragon form and needed another two hours before she could test her new clothes that Mei bought. Interesting thing Esmeralda noticed was that when she transformed—the clothes she was wearing, or Mei’s clothes—were not anywhere to be seen, so she suspects when she turn back into her girly form it’s going to be there on her body. Don’t quote her on that.

When she got home, she immediately rushed in to see Marc who was in the dining room getting his egg breakfast. She kind of admired Marc after chit chatting with Pearl. But all she could say right now was “eik” “kek” and stuff, so she decided just to stare at him — waiting, everything can wait, nothing to rush.

“Iek…” She quietly called out, Marc thought he heard something so he turned around.

“Something’s wrong, Esmeralda?”

Esmeralda felt kind of worried, he always calls her by that long name Veldrielynth, but now he’s starting to call her Esmeralda, it’s like your parents call you by your full name instead of your nickname; you oughta know something’s up. Esmeralda shook her head before walking out on her four smol limbs.

She noticed, when everyone gave her the name Esmeralda, she grew from being a real newborn to being as big as a bat; she can hug Marc’s full hand now in dragon form, around his whole wrist.

“Esmeraldaaaa~”

A light energetic voice called out her name from upstairs, Esmeralda turned around to see Mei, on her hand was a pair of fresh new clothes.

“Eek?”

Mei smirked, and without another word she ran towards Esmeralda with a malicious grin.

“Kiek!” Esmeralda exclaimed in fear, she got on all four and turned away to sprint full speed, but Mei got all the momentum she needed to catch Esmeralda. Holding Esmeralda up to her face, the young woman in her giant wizard hat rubbed the cute little thing against her cheeks while smiling tenderly.

“Don’t be shy, Es, let’s take a shower together. You’ve never shower since birth.”

“Eek kek iek!” Esmeralda said, which translated to “I refuse! Let me go woman! Water sucks!”

“Come on, it will be so much fun together~” Mei said while walking towards the bathroom, with Esmeralda struggling trying to break out of her hands.

Which obviously didn’t work.

"Ah...~"

They’re sitting in a wooden tub, with fresh water brought from the river nearby. Mei didn’t even bother caring about herself, all she did the entire time was rubbing and cleaning Esmeralda—from the kid's tail, caressing it all the way across her smol body and up to the ears and head.

“E..eek…” Lying comfortably in Mei's hand like a piece of sponge, Esmeralda had to give up when she finally accepted how good this felt and how little she was compared to a human's strength. The kid relaxed, letting Mei rubbed water all over her body.

“Es, can you swim?” Mei asked with a very big grin, “Es” was probably a nickname between those two that Mei just came up with.

“Kek?” Esmeralda didn't know, she never swam before, ‘why is that a question?’ She thought

splash

“Keik!”

The water splashed to the sound of a baby dragon hitting it butt-first, the little kid struggled violently and threw water all over the place and all her limbs wiggling like no tomorrow, she did this until she almost exhausted herself before stopping at looking down; she could swim! Esmeralda excitedly swam towards Mei and hugged her arm which was above the water, using it at a life vest so she won’t float away.

After a moment or two, Esmeralda felt like she’s bothering Mei’s bathing session too much, seeing how the mage was getting herself relaxed with her eyes closing and half drifted to sleep — she swam towards the wall of the tub and climbed out, using her nails to hold on, which might be a bad idea since the wood might leak. She then rubbed herself against Mei’s towel to self-clean and waddled out.

… Later that day

“Marc, come on! We don’t have all day!” Mei said, fixing her wizard hat.

It was near noon when Esmeralda got confused. She saw everyone's gathering around under the stairs leading to the second floor, where Marc is putting on his armor and preparing his stuff.

“Eik?” She pulled Pearl’s pants to ask him.

“Oh, it’s a secret... And I forgot to tell you something too.” Pearl said before leaning down and using both hands to pick her up. With a smile the man in blue hair and glasses whispered. “If you tell anyone what I said this morning, you’re d-e-a-d.”

Esmeralda, sweating all her brains out, rapidly nodded her head in agreement and tried to wiggle her way out of Pearl’s grasp. She looked over at Rina and Mei, asking for their help which they didn’t notice.

“Done! I might need new armpiece, these don’t seem to fit anymore.” Marc said, jogging down the stairs while wearing heavy armor and with a big backpack behind him.

“Alright, everyone recheck everything. Food supply, pickaxes, potions, items,...” Rina said, putting down also one big backpack she’s carrying.

“Kek!” Esmeralda got confused and annoyed that no explanation was given. She bit Rina’s leg to grab everyone's attention.

No explanation was given to Esmeralda, Marc quietly grabbed her up, put her on his shoulder and fixed his standing posture so that he could easily carry the backpack.

“Our first stop, the town mayor's house!” Marc said, kicking the door open excitedly.

“Let’s go!” Mei followed behind him excitingly.

“Will those two ever stop?” Pearl said, following behind Mei.

“I hope not.” Rina giggled with her hand on her chin.

Esmeralda quietly sat and in deep thought. Best bet is she’s going on an adventure, probably a dungeon with everyone, but pickaxes? Why would they need those? Oh and why is the town mayor's first stop? Do they need to pick up something or do they need some permission?

“Mister and Miss Chup! It’s us.” Marc knocked on the door to a big wooden two story home, its front yard was full of berries and green crops. All shining in the beautiful daylight.

“Oh hoh hoh, the four themselves. And that must be Veldrielynth I heard about.” An old woman, around her 60s said, happily opened the door and greeted them.

‘Yay, mommy still calls me Veldrielynth!’ Esmeralda happily thought, rubbing herself against Marc’s ear.

“Can you look after this kid while we’re going on an adventure? I’ve already told Mister Chup about this earlier.”

‘Wait what?’ Esmeralda thought.

“Oh yes, indeed indeed, he told me about that, come here little cute thing, let grandma take care of you. She’s going to be so beautiful when you all return.”

“Kek!” Esmeralda yelled out as she was picked up by Miss Chup.

“Be nice, we’ll be back soon Es.” Mei said, rubbing Esmeralda’s nose.

“Iek…”

“If you stay nice and don’t cause Miss Chup any problems, I’ll promise a skewer of honey-glazed chicken, deal?” Marc said, kind of bending his back down to look at Esmeralda.

“Keik!” Which translates to ‘Hell yeah, 2 skewers pls!’

And with a deal on, the adventure begins.

“Hey, I heard you guys are looking for a luggage carrier right?” A young male with brown eyes and bright blue hair, a color that when met with sunlight, reflected like it’s white. He approached the four of them and waved. They’re looking for someone to carry their two backpacks of luggage so they can explore a dungeon nearby. But this guy seems fairly normal to carry a heavy amount of stuff, his body type is like Pearl, just a bit shorter.

Meanwhile…

Once upon a time, there was a little girl who lived in a village near the forest. Whenever she went out, the little girl wore a red riding cloak, so everyone in the village called her Little Red Riding Hood...”

Miss Chup is reading out a book she had while Esmeralda is calmly lying on her bed, listening to old tales that sounds boring as heck.

47