Chapter 4: I Can Only Kill
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From the outside of this room, the entrance was blocked by the soldiers stationed outside. As a research base, the wall is quite sturdy, built from a metalic-like material. Each room host a rectangle glass window serving as an observatory.

“3...5..7..9!” The shape of the room is rectangle in nature, Hao Xu currently positioned right beneath the window behind cover, keenly listening to the footstep outside.

“01!” At the end of the hallway, Moriarty wield his energy outward, embracing Hao Xu position.

“Moriarty, I didn’t think you would still be alive after eating a bullet!” Hao Xu jokingly remark, his silhouette long disappeared from where he stood.

Bang! Bang!

“Gravity Field… You think that trick will work twice? Imagination surely is a powerful ally!” Hao Xu ignored the fuming commander and bombard him with a flurry of bullets straight to the head!

Meanwhile, the soldiers shot at the blurry shadow hurled from the room!

“Hpmh! Just surrender your life to the Union, then you can have a chance of living!” Moriarty deflected the bullet travelling forth from friendly fire and Hao Xu.

“Why so serious? I’m sure there are other experiment subject like me you can capture, why bother?” Hao Xu drew his gun toward Moriarty to stop him from reaching into his cloak.

“You!” Moriarty once again blocked the bullet infused with Hao Xu [Energy] with a white circular shield from his palm.

“Oho.” So that’s how he block my bullet. That shield is big trouble, as long as he has that shield, there’s no easy way to penetrate his defense.

In the corner of his eyes, Hao Xu was intrigued by the flashing of notification.

[Killed Grade D Soldier. +100 Exp]

[Killed Grade D Soldier. +100 Exp]

[Killed Grade D Soldier. +1…]

[Killed Grade D Sol…]

“I can see why those people are obsessed with exp now…” Hao Xu was rejoicing silently to himself when looking at the battle report from the interface, then pausing to look at the current situation.

The reason why Moriarty is acting cautiously against him at this moment is because he fears that Hao Xu have a hidden trump card underneath his sleeves.

Even dust can be an enemy. From the moment Hao Xu acting like an idiot, to the swift action of him eliminating the researcher, not to add, the explosive strength that allow him to escape from his grasp, he treated Hao Xu as a real threat.

Thinking along that line, he couldn’t help but chuckle to himself. Hao Xu knew very well that he have no more trump card, the most he could do is level up in a moment notice to surprised his enemy.

From his perspective, Moriarty is already cautious of his movement, the value of explosive strength already diminish greatly.

“01! The pistol in your hand can only shoot so many times before it run out of ammo!” Moriarty sternly remind Hao Xu who was adjusting his grip.

Hao Xu tug his gun over his shoulder, smirking to himself as his feet extend to the ground.

“I can’t kill you but these little ones!” The officer eyes bulged seeing Hao Xu figure charging forward.

“Fire! Fire! Kill hi—” It was too late when order was giving.

“Dammit! Fire at him! Stop this madm—” Hao Xu charged forth without a care for his health status, pumping with doses of adrenaline, he takes down half of the soldiers standing at the entrance.

Bang! Bang!

With the death of their officer, the line of soldiers was now chaotic. This left Hao Xu in a much more comfortable position as he emptied his pistol magazine.

Click!

Noticing that their enemy has run out of ammo, they picked up their rifles and began shooting at Hao Xu!

He frantically dance back and forth, finally spotting a rifle on the rifle and ran for it.

[Low-Grade D Steam Rifle]

[Marksman Trait: +5% Damage and 10% Accuracy when single-fire]

“Good Stuff!” Hao Xu hoisted the gun in front of his shoulder, ignoring another shoulder wound as he continue firing his rifle.

[You are affected by Energy fatigue]
[Warning, Energy running low]

After firing a few more shots, Hao Xu ignored the combat notification and looked at his status.

[Health: 56/114]

[Energy: 35/106]

“So quick?” Looking at the steam fuming from the barrel of his rifle, Hao Xu frown when seeing the remaining energy.

“Only bullet infused with energy can do anything against Moriarty… He’s still not moving after I’ve killed all his men.” After battling for half an hour, his usage of energy has started to deplete.

[Weaponry Efficiency] is a passive skill, so it naturally increases his accuracy and damage when using guns. But [Focus Shot] is not a passive skill, but an active skill instead. Every time he fired a shot, his energy would be infused into the bullet, increasing its trajectory speed along with penetration power.

Once again, Hao Xu looked at his skill [Focus Shot].

Focus Shot (lvl0): A basic marksman ability to focus his shot toward a single point. Consume energy to fire a focus shot, increase trajectory speed and penetration. The more energy is consumed, the greater the power. + 5% Trajectory speed (up to 50%). + 2% Penetration (Up to 30%). Energy usage minimum (5) — up to 30 (Energy Increase as Level Increase). Scale 1x per level, max level: 20]

[Skill Cooldown: 10 Second]

0