Chapter 8: I’m Luke, And You’re… Sherlock?
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Boss Arwin, we have a newcomer in town!” On top of the roof, a man with blond hair, covered with a leather-cap, smiling as he let out an ear-piercing whistle.

“Little brat, I’m taking a nap! The fuck you whistling for?!” Hao Xu looked toward the sound, which located at the very end of the street, where a building was sitting.

In front of a tall building, looping around the street in a square manner, with a second story window hanging by the edge as the piece of glass seems broken, pipes that tread along the edges of the corners.

Hao Xu saw a figure peaking through the corner of a piece of newspaper, with eyes raised dramatically, along with the wrinkles stressing on his glamorous forehead as he slap the piece of newspaper back onto his face.

“What’s with this town?” Hao Xu look left and right, startled by the people in this town.

Moreover, what’s the purpose of those flimsy looking fence if the building themselves were built like this? The difference in height is too great!

“Ignore those old farts, come little fella.” The old man next to him wave his arm around Hao Xu, entering the pub.

Hao Xu stumbled around as the stone floor had little creaks that made his foot unbalanced, lowering his gazed as he sniff around.

A mellow scent of coffee whiff by his nostril, like living steam, it strung and hops around the pub, giving an even more airy atmosphere, just as the bell ring atop the door.

Ding!

The handle of an old record player is tired, it lowered its arm gracefully and a snore began to resonate along the wall, dancing and prancing as they gallop, melting together with the scent of exhilarating — pleasant to the ear.

As he strode past a few tables filled with occupied customer, Hao Xu was distracted with the detail of the pleasant bar in the midst of an unworldly town filled with dreads — his previous sense of beauty seems to shattered.

This impression made Hao Xu re-evaluate this rustic-looking town riddled with old machinery parts.

“Sit, then we’ll talk.” At a corner of the hub, the old man wipe the dust off the table, then looked at smiling Hao Xu, who was tuning in with the ambience, with a rifle wrapped behind his back.

“A Bloody Mary… and for this little fella, orange juice.” The old man turned toward the waiter standing by, who wrote down the ordered.

“Orange juice? Coffee!” Hao Xu looked at the waiter who returned a helpless look.

“Coffee, you heard the little man.” The waiter, dressed in white suit with a refined collar, scribble on his tiny notepad before leaving toward the counter.

Hao Xu sat down on a wooden chair. He lift the rifle off his back, placing it down on his laps, then asked a question.

“Who are you?” At this point, this man hasn’t shown any ill-intention, coupled with the casual attitude the people had toward random attack on the street, he can only assume that open conflict is the norm in this town.

Even so, Hao Xu still act cautiously, as he label everyone around him as strangers, believing in his new changing perception — Guilty til proven innocent.

“They call me Luke, What about you little fella?” Luke looks to be in his 30s, wearing a very slick black outfit with a cloak drifting along the bottom of his knee. When the ridges start at the collar of the attire, it walked in a single file line toward the waist-line.

His face remained clear, as his hair was trimmed short, with wrinkles digging around his upper cheeks, he gives out an aged feeling as he sat across Hao Xu.

At this moment, Hao Xu heard the question, in a dilemma as he kept Luke waiting. It was then someone name came into mind — it was Moriarty.

“Sherlock.” The union was hot on their feet at this moment searching for him, for his own safety, he could only live with a pseudonym. 

When the actor is on stage, he has to play the role. Since he took the name, he willingly has to play the role of 'Sherlock', his pseudonym, or rather, the role of a detective.

“Sherlock? Why do I feel like I’ve heard that name somewhere…” Luke looked at Hao Xu deepened face, seeing a delicate charm to his face.

“Regardless of your name, you are pretty young… Quite powerful at your age. Trained Grade? No way, you must be a Stellar.”

At that moment, Hao Xu face instantly turned stiff, like a startled snail coiling away its body back into the shell.

1