Chapter 10: The Great Sherlock was Scammed!
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hao Xu stop fiddling with the coin in his hand and divert his attention to his side.

[Mission Introduction: You’ve met Luke with unknown origin who gave you a piece of parchment containing a location to some specific gathering. Will you follow his word or ignore it?
(Chain Mission)

Complete Condition: Meet at the designated area in 8 day time.

Mission Rating: Unknown

Mission Reward: Random Draw of Luke’s Talent (Grade C)]

“A random draw of Luke’s talent? His talent is considered Grade C?” Up to this point, the most he has seen is Grade D, never a Grade C. He can safely assume that Talent is even rarer than skills.

Talent is not something that can be learned over time, but skill, it’s something anyone can learn!

Not to mention a Grade C skill, it’s a Grade C Talent.

However, there was no rush in accepting the mission. Although he desire skills in order to protect himself, there’s clearly risks involved.

In the end, he closed the interface.

Hao Xu opened the folded piece of paper that was placed along with the coin from Old Luke, reading it to himself.

[In the evergreen forest, between life and death, there was a fallen tree.]

“A cryptic message?” He starts to tap his finger on the table, producing several thumping vibrations as he struggle to figure out any hint. Along with the background noises, his finger kept in sync with the jazzy notes that bounce off the record player.

The waiter circling around the pub didn’t stop by his table, seeing that Hao Xu wasn’t in need of any drinks nor food.

After a long while, he shredded the paper into bits, shaking his head as he stood up from his seat, grabbing the rifle from his lap and putting it behind his back.

Next to the counter, the bartender noticed Hao Xu troubled frown as the young man walked to the trash can, disposing white speckles of parchment. He shook his head, as if he has seen it on a daily basis before resuming the incoming orders.

It was already noon.

The pub could only accommodate so many customers at once, he could see the waiter striding back and forth in a proficient manner. Clearly, this was a regular routine for the worker at the pub, including the bartender as his shaker never stopped moving as soon as it lifted off the counter.

“Brother.” A calling came from the seat right at the doorway stopped his foot from crossing the line in-between the doorway.

“Me?” Hao Xu look around, head bobbing left and right, then pointed his finger at himself.

“Brother, don’t joke with me, there’s no one else but you standing at the door, who else could it be but you....” His image resembled a nice uncle, who helplessly lamented at Hao Xu replied.

“Wasn’t the drink already paid?” Hao Xu looked at him, seeing a similar attire to the waiter he saw before.

“No no, you’re misunderstanding. Do you want to apply as a waiter?”

“Waiter?” Hao Xu was dumbfounded to be asked if he wanted to be a waiter out of the blue.

“Free meal including apartment and salary!” The man looked troubled the moment Hao Xu repeated. He added an extra statement.

“Glad to be working for you, boss!” Hao Xu instantly agreed.

There’s no reason to reject such a tempting offer. At the moment, he’s empty-handed with only a rifle strapped behind his back. He was going to take a walk around the town to apply for any odd jobs in order to fill his dinner plate, if there’s one kicking at his door, who would decline?

“What about… this?” Hao Xu pointed at the wrapped up rifle behind his back, looking at the elated man in front of him.

“No worries, keep it with you, you might actually need it.” He replied with an almost giggling voice.

“Boss Sabine, someone wants to see you!” From the back of the pub, a voice came shouting.

“I’ll let William do the arrangement, he’s over there.” Hao Xu was still lingering on the fact that he might need his rifle for the job, coming to the realization that maybe it’s not that simple!

He wasn’t even looking at Sabine, who was pointing at a youth resting at the counter of the bartender.

“William! There’s a new ‘waiter’!” The youth noticed a shout at the front door. He left his seat immediately, leaving behind his snacks, when walking to the front.

“I’m Sherlock, what does a ‘waiter’ do exactly?” Hao Xu greeted a blond young man in a pained voice, standing shoulder to shoulder with his height.

“Don’t worry Sherlock, it’s just some cleanups, not hard work at all!” William's voice was unbearably enthusiastic.

Meanwhile, Boss Sabine slithered his way out to the back when Hao Xu was distracted.

Hao Xu was clearly not convinced by William’s assurance.

‘I, the great Sherlock, was scammed! Scammed I tell you! Oh great Sherlock, forgive me.’
Hao Xu regret his decision immediately and pray his mantra inwardly to the great detective Sherlock Holmes for forgiveness.

0