Chapter 12: Mission Completion Reward
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was evening. The sun has starting to descent slowly, as the street began to clear up compare to when it was noon.

After Sherlock stayed at the pub for a few hours, he left to check out the apartment.

The street at this time has begun to light up with the help of the lamp rooted alongside of the sidewalk. So far, he has not seen any cars, mainly people walking back and forth.

Sherlock approaches the building across the street, slightly bigger than the pub in terms of height, as there’s glass window on the 2nd floor. In some parts, there’s pipe running along the small gap in between the two building wires stretching from the alley toward the back of the apartment.

“Ah, you must be Mr. Sherlock. Boss Sabine already made the call beforehand regarding your monthly payment.” He opened the door, greeted by a young feminine voice.

“That’s right, my room number is 207, correct?” Sherlock spoke in a courtesy voice, smiling as he ask.

“Yes, your room is number 207. My name is Lena, if you need anything, ring the bell.” Lena, scribble down on an attendance sheet, holding a small pen in her white palm as she say.

After talking for a moment, Sherlock left toward the second floor.

With the keys giving to him by William, he opened the lock, entering the room.

The room was not fancy in the slightness. In the left corner is a bed, the wall was plainly painted in a gray tone, while there’s a small table in the other corner of the room with a few books stacked atop the shelves.

Click.

He closed the door and sat down on the bed, feeling the softness of the mattress as he look outside the window, seeing that the night is slowly approaching.

Finally, he was free from stress for the time being.

Almost a day has passed since he escaped from the Union, he hasn’t had a blink of rest or sleep.

Sherlock lay down on the bed, no longer feeling as paranoid.

He sat back up and opened his interface. It was finally time for him to complete the mission.

[Mission Introduction: After waking up from a coma, you found yourself captured as an experimental subject. With the desire to escape, you must fight for your freedom!
(Complete)

Rating: C

Objective: Escape from the facility alive.

Rewards: +1000 Exp. Steam Rifle (High Grade D). +9 Skill Points]

[+1000 Exp.]

[Steam Rifle (High Grade D)]

[+9 Skill Points]

In front of him, a rifle appeared out of thin-air, landing on his lap.

He picked it up, feeling the heavy weight of the rifle, clearly it was heavier than the one he has been using until now.

The coil on the barrel looks more intricate than before, meanwhile, the glass tube of the barrel looks more sturdy and clear, Sherlock couldn’t help but wonder how this technology work.

According to the interface, there’s a difference between a low grade and high grade even within a single Grade, such as [Low Grade Gravity Field] from Moriarty. Therefore, he can safely assume that the higher the grade, the better quality it is.

Satisfied with the reward, he wanted to take a look at his skill points, but interrupted by another change in his mission status.

[Survive encounter with Moriarty, drawing reward…]

[Reward: A random draw of Moriarty skill]

Thump!

Sherlock almost drop the rifle in his hand on the floor as he stare at the blue box floating in front of him.

Moriarty, he was someone Sherlock feared the most. Not to mention his strange arsenal of skills, [Low Grade Gravity] really gave him a scare. It was partly due to luck and a few unexpected elements that he escaped, if not, that skill would have pinned him down greatly.

As such, he was elated to receive such an unexpected reward.

[Do you wish to draw a random skill from Moriarty?]

Sherlock rubbed his hand together, praying for lucks before moving his finger toward the [Yes] button.

[Drawing random skills…]

0