Chapter 15: Preparation for the Mission
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Mr. Arwin, I’ve heard about you from Boss Sabine.” Sherlock smile, greeting at the tall reserved man in front of him.

“No need to be polite. I heard from that old man you need a supply of high quality ammo correct?” Arwin tap the table, showing his callus finger.

Sherlock stole a glance at him, looking at the top of his head.

[Arwin: Level 36]

He is a bit shocked to discovered such a high level for a thug, but he still maintain an amiable facade with a simple smile.

“That’s right, I’m planning on leaving for a bit of time. Everyone know I was chased away from my home, my enemy is still somewhere out there searching, it’s best to make some preparation.” Sherlock casually stated, mixing lies and truths altogether.

It is a lie that he’s chased away from home by his enemies, but it is the truth that there is an enemy chasing after him at this moment, of course, Arwin did not need to know this.

“Hmm. You’re right, with the recent strange event in Lorena, It’s best to be safe. Since you are a little underling of him, I can offer you some discount.” Arwin ordered the guard to carry out a box just as he finish his sentence.

From the side, a rattling sounds of metal protrude through the box, filling the room.

“This is made by one of the underground craftsman, what do you think?”

[High Grade D Steam Rifle Bullet]

[Attributes: When fired from a distance of 100 meters, increase power by 20%]

[Heart Shot: When fired and hitting the heart of a target from a distant, Instantly execute the Target. Only applicable to level 20 and below enemy. If above level 20, they take 50% of their Max Hp.]

Sherlock already was flabbergasted by the first option of attributions. Despite the limited use of 100 meters, it’s still a great increase in firepower since his class specialize in [Marksman], or sniping. As long as he utilized his class strength well, his enemy would fear him.

A single click, a single life.

This is the strength of a sniper, something that no one want on their crosshair.

Although the first option was powerful, the second option was even more absurd!

One of the weaknesses for [Marksman] is dealing with a group of enemy. His class strength excel at taking out one target at a time, that’s the peak of his advantage. But when faced with a group of enemy, he have to slowly take them out one by one, especially if the group is coordinate and competent.

This can result in ammo issues and reloading. The more he has to shoot to kill one enemy, means the more ammo he is wasting. Each ammo wasted will result in him reloading, which is a period of ‘safe-zone’ where the enemy have the time to close the distance, something he want to avoid in battle.

Coupled the first and second option together, it makes a great assassination tool. Even if a lvl 30 and above can't say that they can confidently take a shot from him unscathed. Of course, he knew there has to be a limit in power the higher the level of his enemy, but it's still a great product.

“It seems that you are very satisfied with the product.” Arwin comment, looking at Sherlock holding a bullet case carefully.

“Of course. I wonder which great craftsman is capable of producing such great bullet… I will have to visit him one day.” Sherlock smiled, putting the bullet back in the box.

“Sure, I’ll relay that message back to him. As for his willingness to see you… That’s another story.” Arwin didn’t turn him down, simply stated as he took a glass of alcohol.

Sherlock feels a tapering gaze from Arwin, feeling the cold sweats dripping down his body from facing the boss in front of him.

“Don’t worry about the payment, but… there’s a small favor I would like to ask for instead.” Arwin mentioned.

“A favor?”

“There’s a rat lurking around here recently, someone from the Church of the Holy Sun… I’ve heard about your abilities from your boss, if you clean up him up, consider this trivial trade as a gift.” Arwin tone stiffing. Sherlock could feel a drop in pitch when the word ‘Church’ was mentioned, clearly Arwin had some past with the church.

“After taking care of some business outside Shelbur, I’ll gladly contact you for the details.” He didn’t attempt to pry into Arwin personal history, afraid to play with fire and simply promised his words.

Sherlock ignored the notification flashing by his side which prompt him to accept the mission to eliminate a personnel from the Church. 

Arwin was a straightforward man. After the business discussion was over, Sherlock was sent back where he came from. On his way out, he did the fellow who whistled ‘Newcomer’ on his first day, who sized him up and down, commenting on his new changes.

Arwin simply told him to ignored Lucas as he’s too much of a chit-chat at time.

Sherlock went back to his apartment. On his way, he chat with Lena for a few minutes, before entering his room.

He put down the top hat onto his wooden desk, removing the rifle that strapped onto his back and placed it underneath his bed.

Finally, he could lay down on his bed.

He opened his interface, showing an expectant look.

[Mission Introduction: You’ve met Luke with unknown origin who gave you a piece of parchment containing a location to some specific gathering. Will you follow his word or ignore it?
(Chain Mission)

Complete Condition: Meet at the designated area in 1 day time.

Mission Rating: Unknown

Mission Reward: Random Draw of Luke’s Talent (Grade C)]

0