Chapter 17: The Angel and the Trumpet
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In another corner of the forest, somewhere farther outside.

A soft, mellow silhouette etched within the trees as it move toward the border.

“Someone is here already? Strange… Neither Justice nor the Hanged man usually arrive early…” A cloak figure, softly murmur as she gaze at the footprint on the ground.

She began to head left, edging deeper in to the forest.

The forest is eerily quiet, not even bird are chirping in the midst of the rising sun, only the sound of her flapping cloak filled the surrounding silent.

After moving for a period of time, she stopped behind a tree.

Kachack.

"No need to fire, we are all friends." She stepped into the sunlight, exposing her bosomy figure despite being covered in a baggy outfit.

“Who are you?” The man in front of her cautiously spoke, clearly he did not know about the meeting held at this place, or he did, but simply didn’t know the detail of it.

She spent a bit of time sizing him, clearly a clear-headed man who wouldn’t panic in the midst of encountering the unexpected. Additionally, he didn’t seem to mind waiting for her reply, a patient man.

Not only does he have patient and compose by nature, his action clearly shown he’s a meticulous man. Seeing that he does not know about of her identity, it means that it’s the first time he’s exposed to this type of meeting…

“Are you not here for the same purpose?” She spoke leisurely, ignoring his pointed rifle.

“The meeting?” He gravely remark with a down look.

“That’s right. The other member are on their sway as we speak. Why don’t you introduce yourself since we have time to spare?” She saw his confusion, extending out her proposal in a positive tone.

“I’m Star, some people call me Miss Star, what about you Mister?”

He lowered his rifle, looking at the lady in front of him, deducing from her choice of words.

If he’s not wrong, this hidden organization deal against the church… They are responsible for certain mission, with each member operating under a fake title.

Luke is a member of this organization, therefore, he can ‘suggest’, or ‘nominate’ a new member to the organization. If this is the case, why would Luke choose him?

He have some assumption in mind, but stopped to ask.

“Star? As in the Tarot Card Arcana?”

“So you do know of it? We all carry a name from the major arcana, I am Star. The other three members are Moon, The Hanged Man, and Justice, Which card will you be?”

Miss Star reached into her pocket, producing a deck of card, and at the top is a card of The Star. She carefully shuffle the deck of cards, making sure it’s thoroughly randomized, only stopping after a minute.

With a flick of her wrist, a strand of card flung from the deck, targeting Sherlock.

“The Judgement.” Sherlock caught the card in his hand, depicting an angel looking down with a trumpet in his hand as the people raised their hand forth, as if they are praying… for Judgement.

“Judgement? An interesting card.” She catch the flying card, thrown by Sherlock, then smile as she gently put the small deck back in her pocket.

Meanwhile, he questioned if her abilities relate to charming or bewitching an individual, considering her alluring charm was quite dominant, suffocating even.

On the other hand, she held the same question for him. After all, she is also curious about the other party abilities. However, they both unanimously chose to remain silent, clearly recognized that such question would be prying into another privacy.

Once again, the forest resume its quietness.

Sherlock wondered if it’s normal for a forest to be this quiet, then gave it a thought, coming to the conclusion that this forest is an exception.

He did not mind the awkward silence as he began to fiddle with his gun, filling the gap of void with the sound of metal clanking one another, while the fidgeting of his stock graze against his body, causing a fuzzy noise.

Ms. Star sat quietly, humming and chirping as she watches him play around with his weapon, entertained by the simplest of idle task as they wait.

During this time, Sherlock snuck a glance at Miss Star, looking at her level.

[Star: Level 26]

His heart skipped a beat, just for a short second.

‘She’s stronger than I would expect…’ He commented in silent.

Meanwhile, Ms. Star looked toward his direction, sensing his gaze, confused but didn’t say anything.

She didn’t collude to the fact that he has seen her level.

Since leveling to 20, he manage to see people above level 20, but cannot see anything beyond 30. Certainly, the barrier of level 20 is not something that’s easily overcame, but for him, as long as he complete his [Advancement Mission], he can level past level 20.

Undoubtedly, his path to gaining strength is unorthodox, as he can simply complete mission and accumulate exp to level up, while other Grade and Stellar has to slowly grow over time. This further affirm his confidence.

After waiting for another half an hour, he saw Miss Star moving from her seat as she direct her attention to his right.

“Look like they are here.”

Three individuals, with varying heights appeared.

0