Chapter. 5 dead men need to stay dead.
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Valdezie finished digging the grave for the no name chopped in half demi-human, the darkness embraced the land, the moon gave a soothing light just like a calmed sea where even the smallest pebble can disturb the peace, an a abnormally silent ruled the night.

Maybe thanks to her profession or her sensible ears Rah make out a complain.

"This is no right, I promised to come back before night but.....I feel something evil in the air"

"Are you sure it isn't just me? I'm sure that my smell is evil with all of this dried blood"

"No, this is not right, come follow me"

Rah said with a nervous tone

"As you order, Master"

The unusual duo went back where Gabriel and Louie were camping.

"There is nobody here" Valdezie stated 

"G...Ga...Gabriel!!! ...??

.L...Louie¡!!!??...where are you?" Rah asked into the cold night.

"¡¡¡blraarrghhhh!!!!"

a dead sounding shout could be heard where the dead bodies were before.

"Gabriel?" 

asked Rah

But no reply was heard.

"Come quickly" Rah commanded to Valdeszie as she run where the sound came from.

but before she could go far a calloused hand grab her from behind.

"What do you think you are doing!¡??

you can't run behind every sound you hear, what if it is a monster? then what? eh?you will get yourself killed or even worse, what if you had fallen to a goblin trap and ended kidnapped....you have heard the stories don't you?" scolded Valdezie

"S..s...sorry" Rah whim with tears on her eyes.

"Don't worry about it, how could I pay my debt if you die here?" Said Valdeziewith a happy tone while petting the orange/reddish hair of Rah.

Just then from behind comes a sword slashing down Valdezie's back.

Without even flinching Valdezie turns around to his opponent.

"Hey Master"

"Y..Y..Yeah?"

"I think I found where that sound came from"

I'm front of them a dead soldier of the count's army without an a arm is hungrily staring at them.

"What is a ghoul doing here?"

"A what?"

"A ghoul, you don't know what they are?"

"I don't remember...still you are the priestess here so teach me"

"A ghoul is dead body which comes back to life thanks to an evil spirit"

"Oh, ....I will cut his head off"

Gibing no chance to reply, Valdezie with a fluid motion swinged his great axe above his head in a horizontal pattern beheading the poor ghoul in a matters of seconds.

Both following with a gaze the rolling head, they realized the situation they were.

"heee¡!!!...they shouldnt be so many...that is not..what they teached me in church"

"That does matter no more, did they teach you how to kill them?" Said Valdezie holding tight his great axe.

Most of the bodies of the dead soldiers were turning to ghouls, every minute another body return from the grave to look at our dynamic duo with hungry eyes.

"Is common knowledge that ghouls 

can't stand the sun"

"Is it really common knowledge?"

"well..yes"

"Is it though?" asked Valdezie while cutting bone and flesh of multiples ghouls.

The horde of ghouls started to surround them with horrible sounds coming from the everlasting open mouth as some type of mocking laughter.

"Master....your companions are clearly nowhere to be seen but if we stayed here we are going to get eaten alive"

"Y..yeah, b..b..but"

"there is no time for that" grabbing Rah from her robe and putting her under his arm Valdezie started running without a second thought.

Multiples ghouls tried to stop them but like a train against a toy car, Valdeziejust kept going smashing ghouls and small trees that were found on his way.

The feeling of air brushing against his face while with one hand chopping the ghouls, kicking them to ground as blood get splashed everywhere, the ground only illuminated by the calmed moon, his breathing becoming aggressive as time passes not a single bite got to Valdezie nor Rah, Valdezie as an animal kept running with a tunnel vision, doesnt matter where, just away from the forest away from his forgotten past and away from those disgusting ghouls.

After 30 minutes of running and slashing, the ghouls stopped following them but the feeling of being watched didnt shatter at all, they found themselves in a green clear plain.

"Uuufff.... how are we doing master?"

"F....f...fine, im fine......thank you but...."

"But?"

"Can you let me go? is sticky around you arm" said Rah still being grabbed under Valdezie arm.

"oh sorry" Before letting go of Rah

"Its...okay"

"mmmmm.....yeah about that" Valdeziestares with strange and confused manner.

"W...w..what?"

"you don't feel anything strange?"

"......¡¡EEEEHHHH!!!!..." Rah looking down on her naked body, not only her robe fall off while running from the ghouls, her complete body was covered in flesh and blood of those same ghouls.

"...D...dont look you Fool..." stuttered a blushed Rah while trying to hide her matured Chest with her blood covered hand.

Valdezie scratching his long beard in a matter of a thinking state.

"Master, look at all this green vegetation, there must be a river around here which we can clean ourselves"

Thanks to the hot summer, the night is not cold enough for not showering.

"Unless master prefer to use the blood of her enemies as clothes to induce fear"

"Thats..not the problem........"

"I see..." Valdezie grabbing his bear pelt which hanged as a cape on his back and toss it to Rah.

"Use this, I know is not a priestess robe...but is better than nothing" claims the now bare-chested Valdezie.

"...Thanks...."

Without too many hardships the couple found a river with the water so clear that they almost feel bad to dyed with blood.

After taking turns both Rah and Valdeziewere clean, the now bear pelt wearing priestess which rather look like a cute barbarian and a bare-chested, helmet wearing Valdezie were making a camp to pass the night.

Rah waiting for valdezie who went to hunt, was staring at the fire she herself build.

"...what now?...I got an a illegal human slave and lost both of my companions..."

Hugging the bear pelt she sighted.

"..I can't get back to the city withValdezie as my slave....but as my official companion?...."

Long and behold Valdezie comes with a rabbit in hands.

"the fire look good master"

"Valdezie?"

"yes?"

"stop calling me master"

"then how?"

"By my name"

"and your name is?"

"What??!!...y...y...you mean, you have seen me naked before you knew my name?" a red-faced angry Rah complained.

"?..Is not like I did it on purpose!"

"Well it can't be helped.." standing up and extending her hand.

"I'm Rah nice to meet you"

"I'm Valdezie, is nice to meet you too"

Valdezie shook her hand.

0