Awakened- Chapter 8: The Green Mist
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jenny’s POV

Oh, come on! What is taking them so long?! I swear we got some food, drinks, gas and Jason and Samantha should be- Oh! They are back! As they made it back to the car, I sprinted toward to give them a piece of my mind as they supposed to be ‘training’!

“You guys took your sweet time!” I was not happy with having to wait. “It looks like that you gave the Freeloader, a workout and assumed you too had sex as well?” They were looking at me as if I shouldn’t have said at all. “Whatever, you don’t need to tell me!” I raised my hand before they can say anything else.

“Jenny!” Brad called out to me. “Have some patience with them, they had time to stretch their legs.”

As I gasped for air suddenly, I heard the words where being spoken with my head: The mist is coming to this town; You are in Danger…

“The mist is coming and you are in danger.” I had to speak it and repeat it to myself. “The mist is coming and you are in danger.”

“Jenny? Are you alright?” Brad asked in my head… again!

“We shouldn’t leave town yet. There is a green mist coming to the town.” I warned Brad against trying to leave now.

“Precognition?” Now the freeloader is asking me a question. “I can take that we cannot leave yet until it clears or we leave the area of the mist, correct?”

“That is not all, Jason! You need to know how the mist works in this world.”


The mysterious green mist covers the town of Lehi

As I explained to the freeloader about the mist that will descend upon the town like a rainstorm pouring among the clouds. The green mist is an unknown phenomenon that affects the particle in the air that Samantha calls it. The mist would last from a few hours to a whole week, nobody when it started but they know being exposed it is death.

As for the zombies, it mutates them, changing them, making them more dangerous than they have before. As for us, Sentients, the mist actually rejuvenate us like we came out from a warm hot bath, and it gets our organs jumpstarted, so we can eat normal foods again… Only while the mist lasts however since they’ll die again… I wish I can eat those juicy Argus burger as a kid again…

“Understood, is anything else you need to tell me?” Man, this freeloader is taking this seriously, guess I was wrong about him then…

“Yeah, there is something-” Someone took a bite of my neck, I gritted my teeth as that person’s teeth dug deeper into my neck.

I turned my hand into the sharpest claw that I can make and grabbed whoever that bit me. When I saw it was an emptie that bit me, I opened up myself wider with sharp teeth protruding all of my body. I devoured it whole, gulping it down in one bite.

“If we were humans, that would have been a death sentence!” Oh, getting smart with me, freeloader?

“Lucky you, freeloader!” I transformed back to normal, but damn it, I should have seen that coming. “I would ask you to blow my brains out, but yeah, I would be sick by now.”

“Which even us sentients are not even safe in the mist since the zombies here would consider us as ‘living’ so we shouldn’t get cornered.” Samantha hammers it home. It is not the first time we have to deal with a green mist.

“We are already dead, I doubt we’ll reanimate twice in a row.” I laughed as the Freeloaded made a point.

“Guys, we should leave now while the mist is light, if gets any heavier-” I’ve teleported to the driver’s seat, I’ve changed my mind about staying here in town.

“Buck up, guys! I’m driving today.” Everyone got in so at least Brad would get some rest, but then again as zombies we may not need it as much.


Make a detour to Provo

As we drove toward Price, They have had been a lot of things on my mind. I guess the Freeloader shows he got the brains and the talents as he used his telekinesis to get those Empties cleared of the way. We munched some snacks and drink on way to Price but I notice that the further we went, the deeper that this mist will get.

“Jenny, turn that way to Provo!” He is telling me how to drive.

“No way, Freeloader, we are going straight to Price!” He tries to take the steering the wheel, what the- “Let go of the steering wheel, you bastard!” We nearly collided with an emptie on the road.

“If you continue to go that way, you will kill us all! Plus, the mist is already affecting visibility. I would say wait until the mist passes us so as the ‘freeloader’ won’t have anymore to complain about.” Damn you… Grrr… He has a point since I can’t see any further up ahead… I guess I got no choice.

“Fine!” I turned on my right to take the exit out of the highway. I saw a nearby hotel called on the Solstice Inn. We parked the van in the parking lot… Not a lot of dead, though!

“Okay, guys! Let’s head inside, Quickly.” Jason takes charge of the situation. “Do you have a problem with me as a freeloader taking charge?”

“Nope! You ain’t a freeloader!” I walked long aside him. He can definitely handle himself.

0