Awakened- Chapter 11: Basement Level
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jason’s POV

“Jean-Sean, you realize letting her go alone is a bad idea?” I quickly realized that Melanie is on her way to the basement level. “I understand your logic if they should work alone or 2-person teams to avoid attracting the dead. But after encounters with the infected, it is not a good idea to let her go alone.”

“What do you know about us? Or about your intentions? You don’t even about your life before all of this.” He will not make this any easier, but I don’t have the time to argue the point.

“I will say this. These abominations will tear her apart, and I don’t know how many are there. It is better for me to go down there and offer help than to-”

“He said that you should stay the fuck up there with your buddy.” Dick walks by, stopping short of the door. “You have already done enough, corpse.”

“I don’t have time for this bullshit!” I moved through the door with blinding speed… Is that Samantha’s power? There is no time, I need to meet with Melanie on the basement level. I ran through a crowd of walking corpses in the area.

I took stock of the plethora of abilities that I currently possess: Telekinesis, Slow Time, Super Speed, Bio Laser… hmm? I raised my finger toward at one corpse and fired at it; the sound had drawn the dead in its vicinity, allowing me to get near the elevator.

I’ve passed the button to call the elevator down, however, hearing that I called the elevator, the corpse moved toward it and me.

I fired a powerful ray of bio energy; I need to keep them at bay until it arrives. One of them bit on my arm, I’ve bitten it on its neck, I felt something protruding from my arms. A bio-blade… No… they are bladed arms.

I raised my arms to my shoulders, swung my right arm in an arc motion to sever some heads of the corpses that came too close. Then swung my left arm… It stretched… Taking out of the dead while I was at. The elevator opened its doors, prompting me to hurry inside, and pressed the B button.

With that, the door shuttered, apparently taking the arm of one unfortunate soul that got too close. Hang in there, Melanie, I am coming to you.


Storage Space and unexpected encounter

Okay, Melanie mentions she needed to find supplies and goods that her community needed. No dead corpses, no creatures that I would need to worry about. It is safe, but the question is -

“Don’t move!” Someone pointed a rifle at me.

“Melanie? I can recognize your voice from here. Did you have any trouble find what you needed?” I turned to face her. She remains unbitten, she still has her gas mask on and noticed that she is on her guard.

“I thought you were one of those things that stumble upon here.” She put her gun down. She knows I don’t mean her any harm. “Are you going to help me with the supplies or what?”

“Sure, just need to clear the zombies that are blocking the way.” I remember when I got in they were trying to get into the elevator, one of them lost an arm.

I’ve followed her to the place where she found a treasure grove of goods, supplies and items from the storeroom. I took one of the food items: Applesauce, peeled off the top and used my tongue to taste its flavor while I stood by a trash can.

Hmm… It’s good, I can definitely taste the flavors in the sauce. At least, this time, I did not gag or threw it up from my throat. The mist makes consuming human foods possible since our organs is jumpstart during that time.

“Are you done eating the applesauce, Jason? Apparently, I fought I would never see the day that a zombie would eat normal food than eating the living.”

“Ha Ha Ha…” I threw the cup into the trash. “Let’s head back and let the others know. We found what we need.” We stepped out into the hallway-

“Where are you going, buddy? Leaving so soon?” I turned around and notice a man… he is wearing a black mask that covers his face, wears fingerless gloves and has a militarized uniform with a heavy vest. “You really think that I wouldn’t keep tabs on you after you left Sandy?”

“You know this man, Jason? It seems to me, he is like those meat tanks.” Melanie pulls her rifle on the man, which he stood still… it doesn’t seem to faze him. 

“I don’t know who you are… I feel you are very dangerous and capable of killing us in one go. The mist is not affecting you, so I’ll assume that you are a Sentient as well.” I know because I can tell from his body posture, he honed his skills in combat, what kinds of powers he wields, however, I don’t know.

0