Awakened- Chapter 14: Defense of Price part 2 : The Survivors
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Burk’s POV

As I fired up the machine gun, Kevin was a big help with transporting the ammo we're going to need to fire at these freaks. I noticed they were bigger version of those freaks; it was they have pods, pore over their entire body with greyish skin as if all the color is out of them.

“Burk!” That Samantha’s voice.... “The breeders are on their way to the city, there is more than a dozen that you have to deal with.”

“Hold the line, you dead corpse! We ain’t retreating!” I got the machine gun ready to go.

“I’m not talking about leaving town, You gotta kill the breeders by destroying their heart and brain at the same time. I almost got killed by one of them trying to pierce my brain.”

“That not my problem, Sam. You should have stayed dead then.” I took aim at the breeder and shot it up from its head, the chest and it’s gut.

“Why do you have to hate the dead so much… ahh!” I whirled toward the sound of the scream. It’s looks like that she got caught in the grip of that monster. “Help... Gah…”

“Deal with it, yourself! I need to keep those things from entering the city.” I don’t time to play heroics with these dead freaks.

“Please… Burk…” 

“Please… Burk… You know what happens if I turn into one of those things.” Julia… “Please don’t…” She threw fluids as I held her in my arms. That was the time we came back to the settlement.

By the time we came back to Millcreek, the undead horde, the community that my father has led for many generations overran it. I discovered it was one of our own who released the horde into our community; the man had the infection inside of him and led them to where we would be weak. It was Julia that told me the whole thing on how it happened.

“Why he would do such a thing?!” I punched the ground… I should have been here sooner!

“Burkie…” She tries to stay positive despite what is going on. “You would have been infected or killed you by now if you were…”

“No!” I shook my head. This… this should not have happened on my watch.

“Do it… please.” I pulled out my revolver, tears steamed through down on my face.

“Where is the bastard who done this?!” Jamie and Christie saw what’s going to come next.

“I killed him… But the dead… They are still coming” She pulled the revolver toward her head… No… “Please. Please!” She urged me to end her suffering. “PLEASE!!”

“BURK!” I heard that corpse crying to me. That damn breeder still has her in her grip.


Take them down!

Wasting no time, I aim with my stationary machine gun and fired at the breeder, tearing off its arm that held her in her piece. Then she pierced the thing in the chest and its head, going down for the count.

“Okay, Boys!” I used my radio to contact the others. “You saw those gigantic things with a big pore? Shoot it in the head and the chest. Take them down!” 

We fired upon those dead spawning monsters; I heard some of the radio that it is working. However, one of them I was firing upon was continuing to move despite it hitting it where it hurts.

“Burk! The breeder is adapting to our attempts, they are moving their organs out of the way. I notice they glow when they are ready to strike.”

“Samantha, can you alert the others on how to take these things out? We cannot let them reach the city!” Following her advice, I observe as I fired a couple of shots on the breeder in front of me. When I saw they are flashing green, I fired at them, taking it down.

“Sir! They are still more of those breeders coming our way.” One of my men told that more of them are still on their way.

“Shandi! What is your status?” I spoke in my mind… I didn’t I have to use the freak- Brad’s communication link to speak to her.

“Sucka! I’ve been hauling some of their asses, but they ain’t stopping and more of them is taking their place.” I noticed that every time we take down a breeder, more of them show up. It is like they somehow expect that we would fight against them. “We need to retreat and come up with another strategy.”

“Agreed! Here, it will not matter how many of these monsters we killed.”

“No! There is another way to end the threat. For now, Shandi, Burk fall back,” Now he is speaking up.

“What do you mean ‘another way’?”

0