Evolution- Chapter 25: The Fight against the dead- Part 1: Determination
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jenny’s POV

“Let us leave…” Brad… I’ve never seen him angry like this…. “I won’t say it again… LET US LEAVE! NOW!” I felt the rage pouring off of him, hell even Jason notices Brad is not his usual self. 

“Brad! Please stop!” I pleaded with him not to do this, this is not like him.

“Stay out of this, Jenny!” 

“But-”

“BUT NOTHING! SHUT IT!” I gasped… 

“Brad, stop! You are out of line!” Jason moves in front of me. “You are better than this…”

“Better than what? I don’t believe what the man said, I know folks in Green River are hardened than this. My parents… Me and them are close. They are my family… You expect me to take what the man said and accept that my family is dead?!”

“It’s gone, Sonny! COVERED IN A FUCKING, GREEN MIST! THE SOONER YOU ACCEPTED THAT, THE BETTER!” Brad is shaking his head, he is not accepting any of this… any of it.

“He is right, Brad! If it’s true that Green River is gone, then they-”

“YOU…. DON’T… KNOW… ANYTHING!!” He lets out a piercing cry that is …

“Brad…” I can hardly stand… something… He is…. 

“Brad… You need… Do you…. It would help… The man….” I can’t hear the exact words… Jason…

I struggled to stand on my feet…. Brad…. Why are you…? I need… to stand…. Urgh…

My mind… it’s hurts…. I’ve never…

“SHE DIED…” I hear voices… What- “Susan Henrick! Terry Henrick! Cindy Henrick!...” Those are Brad thought’s… How is he…? “YOU SON OF A BITCH…” I fell down… I had to suppress the urge to gag… Brad… He is not himself… “Get out of the car, Jason… GET OUT OF THE FUCKING CAR!” Why am I hearing his thoughts.

“Brad…” Jason… I touched a wall to support myself. “Please…. Now!” Samantha…

My head is like getting ready to explode… I clenched my teeth to endure it, it only made the sensation more unpleasant. But… I need to…

“Brad… Brad?” I struggle to remain standing, holding his head to suppress it as hard as I can. “Brad, stop!” I clenched my teeth when I felt a shot of migraine moving through my head. “Stop this… STOP THIS NOW!” My nose… it is… “PLEASE, STOP THIS NOW!!” I felt to my knees but someone… Brad?


Lost control of myself

“Jenny… Jenny…” He shook me awake. “Are you alright?!” I saw the worry and concern on his face when he realized what he did. “What have I done?”

“Oh, yes! What have you done? YOU NEARLY KILLED US IN YOUR FUCKING GRIEF!” I called him out for letting himself lose control. “I’VE CALLED OUT TO YOU, I HAD TO FIGHT WHATEVER YOU WERE DOING! ALL BECAUSE THE MAN WAS TELLING YOU THAT GREEN RIVER IS MAYBE DEAD OR GONE BUT YOU DON’T KNOW IF YOUR PARENTS ARE STILL ALIVE! I’VE EVEN FELT THE PAIN OF YOU LOSING YOUR FAMILY AND GETTING SHOT TO BITS. THAT IS NO EXCUSE COMPARED TO WHAT YOU DID JUST NOW!”

“Jenny is right, Brad! YOU ALMOST KILL US IN THE PROCESS!” Jason lets out his frustration on the matter.

I noticed everyone is stirring around, including Sam. Whatever Brad did must have effected the entire city here. Even Mason was affected by it, for whom he checked on his daughter… he was relieved when she was unharmed aside from a nosebleed.

“God…” Horrified, he learned that in his anger, he somehow linked all of our minds in the area and projected his pain and loss on to us. He sat down, sobbed at what he almost has done… I went to Jason to know how he felt.

“Jason, are you alright?” He is more concerned about Brad than answering my question.

“Jenny, I saw you were fighting the effects of his abilities. Brad…” He looked away. “He lost control of his powers. I was the only one that remained unaffected, trying to talk him down. I even saw that you screamed at him to stop. He must have heard you during that time."

Mason walked to us during our conversation and motion for us to follow him. We did what he suggested since tensions on his face made it clear he was not happy with what happened. 

When I got outside, he took a deep breath... I’m getting the feeling we are going to be kicked out for what happened.

“Let us explain-” Before Jason can say any further, Edward ran outside of the door.

“A mist is coming! In T-Minus 5 mins. We need to gear up now!” Which Mason turned back to us.

“Y’all need to leave now… Don’t ever come back and don’t ever think returning here to this place.” He made his ultimatum clear. “You have until the mist arrives to do so…”

“But, Sir, Please-”

“If you are not gone by that time, Miss…” He strains himself… he is definitely furious with the things that went on and not to mention, Mr. Meltdown near killed us didn’t help matters. “Just get out.” He ran off to get the defenses ready against the dead.

“Everyone, I heard what happened… They want us gone from this town.” I narrowed my eyes at him. It is his fault that we are getting kicked out.

0