A night at Santa Monica
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Give me another one," I  said to the bartender. I watched him prepare my drink. While the world around me is spinning at dizzying speeds. despite all that, the steamy Island beats coupled with the sound of the partygoers feels thrilling again. Sea salt lingered in the air, as I basked in the somewhat warm and humid climate of this place.
Alcohol sure does wonders. Oh it sure does, especially when you're in debt. Stupid fool. You really thought you could escape the states to live in an Island paradise you knew nothing about? I chuckled in astonishment. 
Realizing the irony of my situation and making fun of it as if I was just an audience to my comedy film. 
I chuckled and turned around, trying to focus on my watch before deciding that I'm way too drunk to read it. The smell of Gin infiltrating my nostrils made me gag, the party's now an incomprehensible blur of noises and shapes.
Enough is enough  I wobbled my way out of the bar.  Bumping on a guy, during the process. He was probably just as drunk as I am, because he headed straight to the bathroom instead of asking me out on a fight. I'm way too drunk to fight anyway. I managed to climb my way into the back of my pick up. Pulling up the tarpaulin to shield me against the cold weather, as I blacked out into the night.


The sun's rays pierced my eyelids. Someone pulled the tarpaulin sheets down.

"Stephen! There you are!" said a woman's voice.

I sat up confused, my head throbbing in pain. Before my eyes could fully adjust to the daylight, two men pulled me upwards to stand. 

"Let's go to the kitchen now, shall we?" she said.

0