Chapter 1: When My Eyes Met You
243 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was any normal day, I was headed to school. There's barely any sunlight yet, but I usually insist on going early. I reached our school at 5:20 am, and proceeded to head to our classroom. I was usually the first one to arrive, but to my surprise, the door was already opened; someone got here earlier than me, I wonder who it is? I slowly opened the door and walked inside the classroom. I saw a guy sitting on the front row, he has a pretty athletic physique, which kinda turned me on. He turned his head to me as I entered the classroom, and as we looked at each other, I suddenly imagined him holding me against the blackboard while breathing on my neck. I retracted my mind and went to my seat on the back row. I walked towards the back row, put my bag down, and sat on my chair

"What was that? Why did I even think that? We're in a school, those types of stuff aren't allowed here", I thought to myself as I looked out the window. I wanted to look at him again, but I thought maybe he'll find me weird and avoid me more. On second thought, I haven't seen him before. He's probably a transfer student, I hope I can befriend him well. 

 

Half an hour later, some of my classmates started arriving. One of my friends finally came, I was relieved to have someone to talk to.

"Art, good morning."
"Hey Walter, good morning, too. Early as usual, I see."
"Yeah. Come sit down, I wanna tell you something."

Artello Cassano, he's one of my closest friends. Probably because he's usually pretty early, which gives us time to chat more in the classroom. Not to mention that we've been classmates  for almost 3 years now, so we have a pretty strong friendship.

*sits* "So, what is it that you wanna tell me?"
*whispers* "Lower your voice, he might suspect or hear."
"Who?"
"See that guy in the front row?"
"Yeah, haven't seen him before, I think."
"He's a transfer student."
"Ah, I see.....You have a crush on him?"
"I think...yes?"

Artello smirked widely at me, almost looks like mocking me for liking someone. I'm trying not to turn red so much.

"Oh, ho ho, wait till Felix and Loruel comes and hears about this." *laughs quietly*
*whispers* "No! No, no, no. Atleast don't tell Loruel, please. You can tell Felix, but not Loruel."
*laughs even more* "And because of that, I'm definitely telling Loruel."
*groans* "Oh my god, just don't tell him, please."
"Alright, I won't tell him..."
"Yes, thank you"
"....yet. I wanna see his reaction to that transfer student first."

I'm slowly turning red, I can't do anything to keep this a secret for now. A couple of minutes later, Felix arrived, along with some of our classmates.

"Heeyyy, you two. Good morning!"
"Hi Felix, such an energy, as usual. Good morning."
"Well, yeah. What's with Walter? He seems slumped this morning."
*smiles* "Ah, yeah, I'll tell you about that. Come sit down."

Felix Yukimura, he's that friend that always helps light up the mood and fun to be around. We've only known each other for 2 months, but our friendship progressed fast. He sits down and puts his chair closer to us. I put my head down in embarrassment, but I can hear them talking.

"So, what's all this about him?"
"Shush, quiet down." *laughs quietly*
"Ohh, I see how it is. So, who's the guy?"
"See that guy in the front row?"
"Where?" *turns head to the front* "That guy? For real??" *covers mouth while smiling*
"Yeah, that guy. He's a transfer student."
"He looks pretty buff, in my opinion."
"Does he? Well, maybe, yeah."

Felix tags my shoulder, I turned my head to him. He whispered to me and said, "Hey, so you like hunks, huh?" I suddenly turned red, which they both saw, and snickered at me. I bowed my head down on the table.

"How should I know? I've never seen a such good balance between face and physique before, leave me alone."

 

They chatted with each other for a minute, then suddenly, I felt my heart came to a standstill. Yes, I can sense him, with fear. I heard Art and Felix call out to him

A: "Hey Loruel, you're finally here. Thought you might come a little later."
L: "Well, not today. I got up a little early, so, yeah."
A: "Right. Anyways, come on here"
L: "Yeah, coming."
F: "Hey, El. Good morning."
L: "Good morning, Felix."
F: "Have you finished your math homework?"
L: "Yeah, you guys need help?"
A: "Apparently. Yesterday's lesson was pretty confusing, and I forgot to pay attention"
L: *snickers* "Well, worry not. I'll show you two my work.
F: "Thanks, El. Don't worry, I'll treat you bread later." *laughs*
L: "Bread for brains, huh. I'll take it." *smiles*

I tried so hard to stay out of their conversation, but of course, he'll notice me.

"Hey, Walter. Have you finished yesterdays work?"
"Yeah, its pretty hard, but I got it."
"You ok? You seem pretty nervous about something."
"No, its nothing. I'm good."

Of course he won't believe that, then he looked at Art and Felix, then stared back at me with a provoking smile. He definitely knew right away.

"Ahh, I see, I see. Well, I'm in a pretty decent mood today since I got up early, so I won't bully you about it, don't worry." *snickers*

For a moment, I thought the demon suddenly became an angel that gave me relief. Miracles like these only happen every once in a while. He is Loruel Sato; a smart, reliable, and capable friend. He's been in this school for two years, but he looks and feels like a transfer student. He seems pretty dull and quiet at first, but when me and Art got to know him, he turned out to be a pretty good friend. He's an introvert, like me, but his leadership skills are notable, which impressed us in the first place. 

 

Loruel, Artello, and Felix chatted for a while and talking about yesterday's homework. Minutes later, the teacher finally came. We all stood up to greet the teacher.

"Good morning, class, I have an announcement today. We have a new student joining us, so let's welcome him to our class. Would you please stand out front, Mr, Coruz?

He stood up and walked near the board, he looks pretty hot now that I can see him in proper lighting. I feel myself turning red a little bit.

"Hello, and good morning. I am Arisu Coruz, glad to meet you you all."

("He's speaking nervously, he's so cute")
...
("Wait, no, stop. I should stop thinking about him. Class will start soon")

"Alright, Mr. Coruz, you can take you seat now."

He walked back to his seat. He looked at me just before he sat down. My friends saw what he did and looked at me while grinning. I don't know what will happen after that. I'm doomed

3