Chapter 2: Lost Satyr
58 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I began descending into the dark depths of the dungeon, which I quickly found out was called the Lost Satyr, I found out the system was more intricate and deeper than what I had originally thought. Besides showing my status, the system also appeared to show 'skills' that I possessed.

 

"skills." I thought.

 

Skills

 

[<Raise Undead>]

 

[<Poison Arrow>]

 

[<Soul Manipulation>]

 

[<Hell Fire>]

 

Passive Skills

 

[<Leech>]

 

[<Inflict Disease>]

 

Skill Description

 

[Raise Undead]: conjure the dead from the depths of the abyss and use them as you desire.

 

[Poison Arrow]: A DoT mana arrow infused with poison.

 

[Soul Manipulation]: Absorb your enemy's soul, killing them instantly and healing yourself in the process. (1-week cooldown)

 

[Hellfire]: Summon hellfire from the depths of the abyss and use it as you will. When an enemy is struck by hellfire, it cannot be subdued.

 

Passive Skill Description

 

[Leech]: Every attack you do restores your health

 

[Inflict disease]: When you are attacked, the attacker has a 10% chance of contracting a disease that inflicts damage over time or disorients them

 

I was ecstatic at seeing the amount of power I had obtained from the system alone. As a normal human, I was much more powerful but if I was able to evolve into something greater, I would be able to surpass my previous strength. It would only be a matter of time before I caught up to that strength.

 

I was also curious about what my titles did besides giving me bragging rights so I thought of "titles."

 

Titles

 

[Lord of the Wicked]: A [Legendary] title obtained after becoming the epitome of fear. Any being who looks deep into your eyes for more than 5 seconds is paralyzed.

 

[Master Necromancer]: A [Mythical] title obtained after successfully becoming a ghoul. Grants you the ability to summon an infinite amount of undead lower than your current race without the cost of mana.

 

I could not believe my dangling eyes. I was only a lesser ghoul but I was already half as strong as when I was alive. Back then, when I walked amongst the living, it would take an enormous amount of mana to simply summon a battalion of skeletons. Now as a lesser ghoul I could summon my lesser counterparts infinitely without any repercussions because of the [Master Necromancer] title. At least I hope that was the case.

 

The [Lord of the Wicked] title was also incredibly useful as it allowed me to get clean kills without having to do much on my part.

 

All in all, I had thoughts of grandeur. With my newfound abilities, I had the opportunity to rise to the top and crush those beneath me.

 


 

I kept moving forward through the Lost Satyr in hopes of finding a place to call home. I passed by scenes of dimly lit torches, the occasional large gate to the sides, stone walls that stretched up into the non-existent ceiling, and various traps that would appear every now and then. I had been dragging my feet along the cold stone floor for what felt like ages now. I decided to come to a stop not because I was tired, (the undead didn't need rest) but because I heard voices passing nearby. I quietly hid between a crack in the wall and stayed there for a while eavesdropping on the conversation nearby.

 

"Quickly Kayla we have to flee the dungeon before it's too late. I can sense some lesser ghouls nearby." cried a girl about twenty years of age. She had long wavy blonde hair and blue ocean eyes with a slim figure and pale white skin.

 

"B-but Jenette, John is still out there we have to help him before he gets himself killed!" Kayla exclaimed with tears flowing. Kayla had short brown hair, brown eyes, snow-white skin, and a curvy figure.

 

"Listen, Kayla, John has no hope of surviving we have to run with the staff while we still can."

 

"W-what was that?"

 

I had had enough of this conversation so I decided to make my grand entrance. My original plan was to just stay hidden but after hearing the word "staff" I began to grow impatient until I could no longer take it.

 

I swiftly and silently approached the adventurer women from behind but before I could use a skill, I was caught. The two women turned around and yelled curse words at me and began to hack their swords at me. Their form was sloppy I was able to dodge their attacks easily because of my superior speed.

 

I decided it would be fun to dance with them for a bit. I used the skill [<Raise Undead>] and conjured five skeletons that dug themselves out from the cold ground and commanded them to pin down the women.

 

Despite the sloppiness of the two women's fighting style, they were putting up a fight against my skeletons.

 


 

"What!? How is a lesser ghoul able to raise other undead? That shouldn't be possible." said Jenette with terror in her voice.

 

"I-I don't know either this is unheard of. They just keep coming we're currently too weak to handle this much. Jenette, please let's regroup with John I'm sure he's still alive. With him, we'll be able to defeat the ghoul."

 

"Damn it! This is a terrible idea but I suppose we have no choice. Kayla, let's go."

 

Before the women could get away, I summoned two more skeletons and used [<Poison Arrow>] aiming for their legs. Fortunately for me, I was able to cripple them both with [<Poison Arrow>] and the skeletons forcefully pinned the women to the ground. I smiled at their helplessness and suffering.

 

Although I was unable to speak coherently, I managed to mutter a few words to the ladies pinned to the ground.

 

"Y-y-you... d-d-dieeee.." I was frustrated at my inability to speak as I used to. Perhaps I can obtain a skill that will allow me to speak coherently? Only time will tell.

 

"Please wait! Let's us go and we'll leave the dungeon peacefully. We promise!" Cried Jenette. Both girls had burst into tears. I grabbed Jenette's face and made her look deep into my eyes, triggering [Lord of the Wicked] and repeated the same process with Kayla.

 

Now paralyzed, I thought what the best course of action would be regarding the women. Having no use for them, I decided it was best to kill them and take their equipment.

 

[You have gained a level]

 

[You have gained a level]

 

[Item received <Staff of the Satyr>]

 

[Evolution now available. Would you like to evolve?]

 

[Yes/no]

5