Chapter 8.2
1.1k 5 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I didn't update last week, so there will be one more update this week. Enjoy

Maria’s father told me about Maria’s past, and it really shocked me. I had no idea my girlfriend was that brute. Saying I didn’t feel disappointed was a lie. However, the past was the past. What mattered most was the present. I wouldn’t let the past haunt me.

Maria’s dad leaned on his work chair as he rubbed his temple. “Now, do you understand why people here hate her?”

“Yes,” I admitted. “However, you forgot something important. If a family member does something bad, it is your job to reprimand and lead them to the right path.”

“Are you saying I never give her education?”

“Maria hates you prove that you never spend enough quality time with her.”

The dad slammed the table as he stood up. We kept glaring at each other, and none of us backed down. “I provided her the best private tutors with the best education. I just don’t understand why she and you never appreciate it.”

“That’s not the point, Sir. When you were a kid, did you never spend quality times with your parents?”

“We lunch together every day when I am here, and don’t talk about my parents. Our family members are raised to be strong and independent. I have become successful like this because of my parents’ resources. I have paid for them, and neither bother each other’s life after that. I am a successful person now, so I deserve freedom and fun. Nobody can’t take that from me.”

I shook my head. I didn’t know whether to pity or scorn him. His own issue affected others’ lives. I was sure his family members grew their own issues because of this selfish man. However, I wasn’t a saint. I came here to prove that I could be a good boyfriend, so I could only save Maria.

I decided to not push him further. “Alright, sir. I am going too far. I just care about Maria, so I hope you understand.”

He nodded. “Let’s get to the point. You want Maria to live with you. Maria’s aunt has approved too, and we will take care that her aunt adopts her. I agree. I will disown and give her many sums so she can live comfortably in luxury until she has become a granny.”

The dad wrote two checks and gave them to me. “I will even give you a payment for taking care of Maria. You don’t even have to pay a fine if you break up with her and leave her.”

I didn’t immediately take those checks. I felt insulted by his words. “I won’t do that!”

He grinned. “Heh, you are still a kid. I heard you wavered after you found out about her real self. I commend you for deciding to prove you are a different man, but living with her will be a burden for you. You will feel bored and cast her away from your life.”

I clenched my fist behind my back, trying to hold my erupting emotion. The man spoke from his own experience. I was aware I was a kid that didn’t have much experience, so I would just prove he was wrong. Only time could prove it.

I grudgingly accepted those checks. “Is that all, sir? If so, I want to leave immediately. To be frank, staying here longer suffocates me.”

“Sure.”

I slightly bowed at him and turned my back. It was a little rude for me to not shake his hand, but I barely held myself to keep calm. I didn’t care about manners at the moment.

“Just remember, even if you finally decide to break up with her, I won’t demand you to give back the check. I will even accept Maria again,” the dad said.

I stopped. I wished to open the door and leave this place, so I could forget his insult and have a good day. However, my mouth betrayed my wishes. “You never care about Maria, right?”

“Are we going through this conversation again? Fine, I prioritize the name of this family. Wilona Family has been a big family since the colonial age. Ah, come here. I almost forget that you need to sign an agreement. You have to guarantee that people won’t find out that Maria will live with you at least until you marry her.”

I turned back to face him. I still glued on my feet until he called me again. I looked down at him as he extended his hand to take my checks. However, I lifted the papers and ripped them into halves. I dropped it on his desk as he stared at me blankly. “I don’t need this. I will support Maria by myself!”

“Are you mad?” He slammed the desk and stood up.

“No? But, I need one thing from you.” With that, I landed a jab on his nose. He flew back and fell to the floor. “You deserve that. Ah, if you make this a big deal, I swear I will sully this family’s name.”

I turned back and walked away. However, the door was opened, and the dad’s personal butler rushed in. His eyes darter over my shoulder and face.

“Don’t think you can leave after harming the master!”

The butler threw a barrage of punches at me. My feet danced quickly like a butterfly and evaded all attacks. Then I landed a simple jab at his nose. He fell to the floor.

The butler stood up again and took a stance. I sighed. I only harmed people who deserved it, or if they forced me to. I was about to rush at him, but a hand gripped my head. I was lifted and slammed to the floor. My vision shook.

I wanted to rise, but someone sat on my back and kept slamming my head to the floor several times.

“Like I said, you are just a kid. You resolve most things with violence. I bet your friends call you strong, but you are just a kid. I am build different. I am an adult,” Maria’s father said. He slammed my head in each sentence.

I couldn’t move for a while, and the butler used my hand to sign a paper. Maria’s father dropped two checks beside me. “Don’t be cocky, kid. I can ruin your life if I want, but I am not. Don’t let everyone know I did that to you. I have added more sums to your check. Just think of it as a compensation for hurting you.”

They left the room. I was alone. Even though my head felt dizzy, my mind was clear. Luckily, he didn’t take offense at my action. This was a lesson for me too.

After a while, I could move again. I took those checks and left the room. Finally, I could start a peaceful life with Maria. I wanted to see her. I didn’t know what our romantic relationship would be like in the future, but I was already determined to save her. She was my family, no matter what happened, at least until she grew bored with me.

On the stairs, I met Maria. She beamed when she saw me, as if we hadn’t met for a long time. However, her expression changed into a concerned face after looking carefully at me. She immediately went into my embrace and looked up with teary eyes.

“Who did this to you, Adrian?”

25