Chapter Four
673 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shan Quon looked at Shan Gan and then lazily got up and followed after him, even though he had locked away his emotions, he still couldn’t avoid his curiosity. He wanted to know about the things that he couldn’t learn in his last life, of course, he wouldn’t go digging for it, it wasn’t worth it. But if the opportunity arrived for him to learn about them then he would accept it.

 

The twins lead him out of the dining room and then towards the main entrance and then out the door, he tilted his head slightly not understanding why they didn’t just go upstairs. But after he contemplated for a moment he just continued to follow them, he followed them off to the main path to one that leads to the back of the mansion. After which they walked through the garden and opened a gate that leads beyond it, he had never seen such a gate in his past life.

 

He followed the twins through the gate and then arched his brow at the sight of a large play park. Looking at it for a second the box he had closed vibrated for a second before he sighed and it calmed down back. He had never heard of such a place in his last life much less saw it, it was mainly because he was never allowed to make contact with the children of the Shan family and since the servants never took him seriously he never even heard rumors about him.

 

Thinking about it the playroom on the third floor was mostly for the younger children since he couldn’t see some of the young ones. He followed the twins as they walked past the park and went into a greenhouse, in the greenhouse aside from the plants there were different sitting areas set up. The twins went over to an area where they were more seats and sat down with a few of the other Shan children.

 

They had already done what they were told by bringing him here so it was now up to him what he would do. Shan Quon looked out the glass walls at the play park and looked away, he wasn’t interested in any of the activities. It wasn’t because he had the mentality of an adult but simply because he just felt tired looking at it, he also felt tired at the thought of getting along with the Shan children, it was something he had tried and failed at before.

 

Looking around he found a quiet area where a few curved chaise lounge chairs were set up, he walked over and then sat down and kicked off his shoes. He laid down and as he looked out the glass wall at the view his eyes fluttered and he easily fell asleep.

 

In the other sitting area, the children of the Shan family sat around talking and laughing among themselves, even though their day had been disturbed by Shan Quon’s arrival they didn’t think much of it. He hadn’t done or said anything that upset them and since he wasn’t acting sticky with them they had made the decision to accept him.

 

But the same couldn’t be said about Shan Gan and Shan Gao, that was because they had been told the truth of how they gained this extra-brother. Shan Uang had felt they were old enough to understand what had happened and didn’t hide it from them, but even when they knew that the things that happened back then were by no fault of Shan Quon they were still not willing to accept him.

 

It was because they could clearly see that the news of his existence had upset their mother, but she needed to put up a strong front since she was a madam of the Shan family. They also knew what happened with Shan Quon’s mother so even though they didn’t hate her they also didn’t like her very much.

 

They had asked their father why he told them the truth but didn’t tell Shan Quon and he said it was simply because he was too young and they didn’t want the truth to affect him negatively, they planned to tell him the truth when he was older. They had been raised and taught well by their father and grandfather since they were young so they understood the things they were worried about but looking at the way Shan Quon acted since his arrival something told them that it may have been better to tell him the truth.

 

Shan Gan looked at the ugly face his brother was pulling and sighed before he looked around the area, he couldn’t see Shan Quon so he got up to go and find him. After walking around he found him asleep in a lounge chair and looked at him before sighing. Since this brother of theirs arrived he had looked as if he was on the verge of falling asleep, he didn’t look as eager to meet his family as the butler had told them he was.

 

Shan Gan looked at him for a bit more before turning to leave as he did he saw his older cousin, Shan Lan walking over. As she walked over Shan Lan closed the book she had just finished reading and looked at Shan Gan who was standing near a sleeping Shan Quon.

 

She walked over and tilted her head “what do you think of this new brother of yours?”

 

Shan Gan shook his head and she smiled. “I think he’s fine, he doesn’t look like the type to make trouble or the over-enthusiastic child the butler had told us about, so just keep an eye on him, after all, he is your brother.” After she was finished speaking she glanced at Shan Quon one more time before walking away.

 

Looking at his cousin's retreating figure he just sighed and then glanced down at Shan Quon. “I hope she’s right about you. If it turns out she’s wrong I could only pray for you.” After saying that he turned and walked away.

 

Shan Quon’s eyes fluttered open for a second before they closed and he drifted into sleep.

28