Prologue/ Teaser
28 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BANG.

Blood spills.

Head spins.

Ears ring.

Eyes dart.

I remember the first time I met him.

Cold eyes like the vast ocean frozen in winter.

Tousled hair and an air of indifference that surprised me.

"Who are you?" I asked.

I remember the second time I met him again.

"Yana, I came for you."

He said.

Eyes full of tender love. His touch gently caressing me, sweeping my heart in one go.

I remember the third time I met him after a long time of being away from each other again.

"I'm sorry," he said.

Sadness, regret and despair lingered in his eyes that were still as warm as the passing summer breeze, tying a tight knot on my feelings.

And I remember the fourth time I met you.

Right now.

Cold indifference, several times worse than the first time. Even hatred clouded once what had bloomed full of affection and bitter love.

What went wrong?

It all started and all ended with a "Please don't chase me, not even if the world ends."

So right now, I'm reaping what I've sowed with these words.

But you know, Luka-

If I could, I wish I could've given you everything. If I could, I wish I could turn back time and change everything I've done wrong.

...

Yana's eyes watched her bloody hands as her consciousness threatened to slowly fade.

The once warm and loving eyes of his stared indifferently at her.

Nothing mattered at this moment as both of them stood in the middle of the crumbling world, barely holding itself together amidst the ashes and corpses.

Nothing could change the fate that awaited them.

Silence hung in the air between them like a veil, suffocating and despairing as all around, the buildings collapsed and the last screams of people faded.

Her eyes spilt tears and her fingers trembled as she reached for the gun next to her and pointed at his cold form towering over her.

They chose different sides, chose to walk a path that led away from each other during the rise of the end of the world, amidst the bloodiest battlefields and most inhumane wars.

If only I could, if only it never came to this...

Yet fate was never benevolent but it was always just.

It solely wasn't the time yet.

 


Hey guys,
thanks for checking this out!
As mentioned in the description this will start out as a light-hearted and fun story and then will turn darker to, well, this what you're reading in this prologue. It will also be heavily action based later on!

Also, as mentioned before this will be rather slow-paced and the romance will be a slow burn!

2