New appearance
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Their hands sweated and their eyes darted to their CEOs. If their assumptions were true then Yana really knew about their secrets they desperately tried to keep hidden.

If the CEOs didn't come out to help them, then the companies would go to ruin once the public knew about this.

It'd be impossible to recover. The public shouldn't know about the vile hobbies the companies let their employees partake in. It'd be game over on the spot.

Mr K and Mr M glanced at Mr S. He previously was able to rebuke Yana. He could do it again but Mr S was also nervous.

If his misdeeds, his blackmailes to get to his position all came out he'd be publicly executed. His hand nervously tried to hold the microphone tightly but his sweat was too wet.

There was always the possibility of Yana bluffing but her confidence wasn't normal, so this meant she had evidence. And her revealing it in front of so many people only meant there wasn't anything to worry about for her even if she destroyed such great companies.

How could a mere woman like her be able to threaten three of the country's most prolific companies? Who stood behind her? M.M? That couldn't be. Even if it was M.M, it couldn't survive bringing down three companies either. The competition and revenge would crush them.

The most irritating thing was that a woman had such utter confidence. Why? Why? Where did she get it from?

Each word she spoke was like the last prayer before the axe beheaded them on the execution stage. Each smile of hers crucified them.

She really was out to destroy them, not caring if she'd be targeted, kidnapped or killed to silence her.

"Should we start with Mr K representing the LXL company?" Yana made sure that her voice was as cheerful as possible as she looked around the dead silent hall.

Mr K flinched. Oh no, the blade raced towards his neck.

"If I remember correctly the LXL's company sent a proposal of turning the orphanage to their own money beneficial business. They wouldn't care about the children, throwing them out. I don't even know why they are present at a charity event like this, could it be they know of their wrongs and try to make up for their greedy nature?"

Yana had no idea who the CEO of LXL was. She didn't plan this far and didn't expect to be set up like this. So she had to improvise. Twist the words to her liking and advantage.

"Mr K's personal life is very interesting, I-"

"Stop," there it was. Someone had to come forth and stop her before she could reveal all doom leading secrets. Yana gambled on this possibility and was glad it came true.

Even if they didn't, Yana had no qualms revealing all the dirt she knew and then quickly go MIA and disappear for her own safety.

It was good Yana didn't have to go so far. Roy would kill her if he knew how much trouble she's caused. The person who stood up lazily walked onto the stage, glared at Mr K and took the microphone away.

"As the CEO of LXL, I apologise for the misunderstanding created."

Yana was surprised to find out that Mik was the CEO of LXL and on top of that, with his nasty and arrogant attitude actually apologised and bowed before Yana.

But wrapping it up as a misunderstanding? What a joke. However, this was fine for her. It was best to leave it at that. She already made her point and achieved her goal, there was no need to continue.

For a while, Yana listened to Mik's excuses and was slightly impressed that he was polite and serious. She thought he'd make a tantrum, mock and insult her like before but it seemed like the reason why he became a CEO wasn't unjustified.

"I see. My bad. I also should apologise for creating this misunderstanding. Thank you for personally stepping forward, CEO of LXL," just like Mik, Yana apologised and bowed. Then she handed her microphone to the host and walked off stage leaving everyone perplexed.

J-Just like that? She gave up just like that? But it was a good thing. The three managers breathed a sigh of relief.

"L-Looks like everything went well. Shall we proceed to the main event? The reason why you are all here for?" the host quickly resumed.

"You did a good job," Luka held Yana's hand as she sat back next to him.

Yana felt funny, she almost created a huge mess and pit for Luka and his reputation yet this was what he said? Even praising her?

The Luka from back then, when they first met, would've never acted like this. He would've coldly chewed her out.

Well, guess he also changed.

"Thanks," Yana said and started to eat unbothered even as Mik came back and glared at her. But each attempt of him to talk to her was blocked by Luka.

"Let her eat. She didn't even get a chance because some troublemakers thought it would be fun to play pranks at this age and stage."

This shut Mik and everyone else on the table immediately up. Surprised, Yana turned to Luka with a full mouth. So, Luka also quickly caught on. No wonder he was a CEO.

But Yana, as she was elegantly stuffing herself, felt another stare on her apart from Luka's. She slightly turned to her left and saw the handsome guy who laughed at her earlier.

Their eye contact lasted only for a second before she pulled away and returned her full attention to her food. Even Luka was hopeless to get through to her when she was invested in the food she was craving the whole evening.

Finally, after two hours the charity was over and it was time for the after-party. If Yana was honest, she dreaded it a lot. Precisely because even while they made their way out, Yana could feel all the hostile stares following her.

"Stay close to me," Luka whispered as he escorted her out of the hall towards the other where the true event would start. Yana nodded.

Of course, she should rely on Luka being her shield as much as possible. If she walked around alone, she was sure to be the target of many.

"Wait, I need to go to the toilet."

"Ok", Luka led the way and waited outside the ladies room but when Yana came out Luka wasn't there, instead the laughing guy who sat next to her appeared.

His sharp eyes curved as he pushed himself off the wall and approached her, "Miss Yana, we finally got the chance to speak alone. I'm Jin. It's a pleasure to meet you."

He took Yana's hand and pressed a kiss on her knuckles. Yana had a bad feeling about this.

0