Chapter 7 The Galactic Forums
53 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This old pal of Rogers' is a really good friend of his.

They first met in Roger's first mmorpg game. The two became friends almost immediately. Even though one was a leader of a small guild and the other which being Roger was a solo player. A solo player meaning someone that usually does everything by himself.

This old pal of his, would often invite Roger to do many group activities with his guild members. Together they would clearly some of the most difficult raids and task in said game that often couldn't be tackled alone.

He was the best long range user Roger has ever seen. The way he handles and fires off his shots was almost scary. They always comes in right when you need them to and pretty accurately as well. One time Roger made a bet that he couldn't hit this enemy, due to its erratic movements that seems to have no set form. He accepted and not only did he hit the enemy but he hit it straight through its eye in 1 try. In which, caused Roger to a lot of his money.

His small guild though small was a specialize guild, in which everyone had a role they were good at. On the other hand, it was one of the reason why Roger didn't join the guild, was because he was the jack of all trades and the master of none.  

Ever since his pal got married, and had a kid with his wife. They started to rarely talk to each other because his buddy simply had no time. From working a full time job to taking care of his kid.

 ...

Connecting... Connecting... Stream call accepted.

The two were finally face to face with each other after who knows how many months.

"Yo, Roger how's it going buddy?" 

Roger was greeted with the smiling face of his pal.

"I haven't felt this rejuvenated in a while my buddy Issac." 

"I can see that, your face is shinnying right now... Wahhhhh.... Weee...."

"Hey, quiet kid your dad is on a call right now with your Uncle Roger."

On Roger's side of the screen he can see Issac's kid running back and forth making a mess of the place.

"Hey, wife can you bring the kid upstairs?"

"Sure, honey say "Hi" to Roger for me."

"Will do."

"Well you heard her, my wife says Hi."

"Hahaha" Roger was laughing in the background.

"Must be nice, anyways did you order your free Universal travel devices for your family yet, from the world government?"

"No not yet, been busy."

"What are you waiting for?! Quick order them now! Otherwise the waiting line would become to long! Tell everyone from the guild as well!"

"Woah, Woah, Woah, calm down, what is the rush?"

"It is time for you to quit your day job."

"Hold on, what? If I do that my wife would kill me."

"We could be gaming together and making money at the same time."

"Slow down what do you mean?"

"What I mean is, the Galactic Alliance has gamify our entire experience traveling the Universe!" 

Beep... Beep...

Transfer of Alliance Credits have been received.

After the 15% deduction you have received a total of 13,650 Alliance credit from the 6 giant flaming salamander and 1 fire energy crystal.

"Huh, what was that beeping sound Roger?"

"Clack" 

Roger dropped his smartphone, from his shock.

"Issac, how much do you make a month?"

"$3,500"

"How much do that translate in alliance credit?"

"Roughly, 1,200ish alliance credits."

"Quit your day job now! Because, I just received 13,650 alliance credit from killing on 6 Grade E color Orange monsters and by handing in a small fire energy crystal! In 1 day!"  

"13,650? Are you sure you didn't miss read that?"

"Wait, let me check again."

Roger went and picked back up his phone, which now has a crack on it's screen. He looked at it.

"Nope, there is no mistake look at my bank account!" He lifted his phone and put it on his computer screen.

Issac went in for a closer look on his screen. 

Hold and behold.

"1...3...6...5...0..."

"clank, clank, crash"

Issac fell from his chair.

"Honey!"

"What is it hun?"

"I am quitting my day job!"

"You what?!"

The call suddenly ended there. Roger's call screen with Issac turned black, indicating the call has ended.

Once the call ended Roger was suddenly in a daze. He never had so much money in his life before.

He quickly made some small purchases and paid off some of his debt, just so he could solidify some of his gains.

Roger's breathing finally calmed down. He wiped off his sweat from the rapid decisions he made and went on the Galactic Alliance forums.

He clicked through the forums, until he ended up on the section labeled Earth.

He was currently scrolling through and reading the top post.

[This planet is beautiful]

"I am currently on the open plains and it is beautiful here. I can see for miles away in the distance. The sun is shinnying, the wind is blowing hair in my face, and the hoard of monsters from at me!"

"Hahahahaha"

"No, kidding I was here enjoying the scenery, suddenly a hoard of bull looking things instead of 2 horns they had 4, two on top of their head and two to the side. When they saw me, the group suddenly charged at me! I was demolished. Now, I have to wait a whole month before a new mechanical body is prepared for me."  

"Well tough luck when I was, in the open plains I saw a ball of fluff or so I assumed it to be, as soon as I got close to it and was about to touch it, all that fluff turned into spikes! Then the spikes launched at me and those nearby. The spikes pierced us. But lucky the damage wasn't much and we ended up recovering after a few hours."  

"Is that all what you newbies have to say? Well, I was choose to go to the mountain regions colored green! The first thing I saw was a goat on the mountain cliff. It had massive horns. The only thing I didn't expect was how quick it moved on the mountain side. I was rammed down the mountain before I had a chance to react." 

"Hi, hi. I was in the forest region. It was the normal monsters, wolves like monsters that hunted in packs and armored bears. I managed to hunt down a few wolves. I made a pretty penny." 

Roger started typing in the thread as well.

"Wait, none of you guys encountered any fire breathing, water firing, elemental ability using monsters?!"

"Bro, those only appear in danger zones grade E colored orange. You be crazy to enter such places this early. Those are specialize zones where people don't enter, until they got their first few upgrades. I saw a few crazy people opening up the portal and entering, are you one of them."

"Ugh"

Roger stopped typing.

"Hey, I was one of those crazy few individuals that entered. I entered the ocean region, the base was located underwater believe it or not. I was definitely a fish out of water. Even though our bodies are waterproof we weren't designed to move in water. Unless you brought something like the underwater movement pack, which transforms your feet into propellers when you are underwater. You best not enter there."

 "Well, crazy old me entered the volcano region thinking I would be fine, since I was just in the open plains, the open plains was easy! I made a few hundred alliance credit in a couple of hours. But as soon as I entered the volcano region my energy reverses started dropping fast to keep my body at a regular temperature. Then a quake happened, the volcano was erupting and I got smashed by a falling volcano rock."

Oh no wonder why... thought Roger.

...  

"Now, let me tell you about the sky region Danger Zone colored Red!"

This post got Roger's attention as well as many others. 

"Don't go it is a death trap for newbies, it is red for a reason. But god dam the place is nice, the base is located on a small flying island, there are several flying bases. They are in charge of clearing the skies. The monsters in the sky can easily mob you to death. You can travel the floating island however you please. You can even fire at monsters from the island as well. I actually managed to even kill a monster! But it fell from the sky all the way to the ground. No I don't mean it fell onto the island it fell to the ground of the planet. Even though I couldn't retrieve the corpse rapidly enough, I was still credited it for the kill. That is great and all, but as soon as I killed the flying hawk like monster its buddies started shooting their feathers at me. Each feather that was shot at me was as hard as steel! I was immobilized but not down, I still had a chance to recover. But as soon as the monsters saw that I couldn't move the group of monsters grabbed me and dropped me all the way to the ground!"

"Olof"   

Even Roger felt that and he wasn't even on the receiving end.

Author's Notes

Hello, Lostcattears here.

I have a patreon, and it have goals for faster and more constant releases.

https://www.patreon.com/lostcattears

Please don't steal my work, if you do... don't ever put it on those predatory sites... you know which ones...

If you were to steal my work at least leave up the "Author's note" so people can actually know where to support me so I can actually continue writing. In fact if you are stealing and doing it with an intent to profit, which I hope no one does, at least join my patreon.

Though really, that is only if I ever get big enough to go after anyone...

3