Chapter 10 Massacre
57 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A thug that looked like the leader of the party, shouted behind him.

"Get in here quick, you idiots!"

The group quickly entered the cave.

"How did a group of grown men, managed to let a kid slip by when the place was so heavily guarded?"   

"Party leader, you weren't there, so you wouldn't have known but she was as slippery as an eel." Said one of the thugs.

While the rest of the thugs, shook their heads in agreement.

"Ugh, this is our farming ground. How can you let an outsider enter? What a pain." The leader shook his head in disappointment. 

The group was quickly moving through the cave in a very disorganized manner until suddenly, they heard a screech.

"Sarrrrrr"

The screech pierced and echoed throughout the cave system.  

"What was that?" Ask one of the thugs.

The party leader thought about it for a moment. "What did she do exactly in this Ant Hill?

That is right, this mountainous region, is actually a series of giant ant hills, these hills are where the ants nested and breed their eggs.

He squinted his eyes.

From far away he saw a cloud of dust in the background. 

In front of the dust cloud, there was the perpetrator, the girl in a yellow hanfu dress.  

The guys in the back started talking.

"There she is, boss!"

"Restrain her!"  

But as soon as they said that, they quickly noticed something was wrong. 

The little girl was heading towards them and not away from them. Now why would someone that they are trying to restrain be running towards them and not the other way around, the group wondered.

The little girl got closer and closer.

It was only until, the dust cloud was only 30 feet away did they saw what the problem was.

The dust cloud wasn't really a dust cloud, the girl wasn't heading towards them, but running away from something.

The dust cloud was actually a bunch of ants crowded together trying to get the girl that was running away from them.

"Quick turn back! Turn back I say!" Shouted the leader.

Dammit, that screech must have been from the Ant Queen.

The group that was marching forward at their boss's command immediately stopped and ran backward. 

"Clank Clank Clank"

They could hear the pincers of the ants, grinding against each other. 

As the group was heading back, the girl in the yellow hanfu stealthily made her way through the group.   

The slow ones to react and move were the first ones to have gotten swallowed up by the ants. 

Now why was the Ant Queen angry? Well obviously when someone enters your home and started making a mess of things. Even the kindest person would get angry.

Of the group, only 10 managed to escape outside of the cave. The others would have to wait another money before, they get new mechanical bodies.

As soon as the group of 10 made it out of the cave. The little girl was standing above the cave of the mountain. Using her swords, she made the blade released a concentrated ball of fire energy. She then made the ball of energy exploded.

The explosion immediately sealed up the entrance trapping in the ants.   

The little girl was basically almost out of energy at that point.

"Guys, restrain her!"

"Though, no force of action can be used against her, restraint is still possible."

The AI, still allowed that much as they will be forced to release her after a period of time. Besides there is usually not much point to restraining someone in the fist place as they can still log out.

"Little girl, look at what you have done! You harmed my brothers, and you still think you can get away with this?" Said the party leader with an angry look on his face.

"This wouldn't have happen, if you didn't treat this place like you owned it." 

"Dammit, Boss! Just look at this little girl it doesn't look like she will ever learn her lesson even if she is out of energy and mp!"

"That's right!" Said the group.

"Fine, just feed the little girl to the Ant, just like what she did to my brothers." 

Suddenly, the group heard a snap in the air around them.

"Little girl this! Little girl that! Stop keep on calling me a little girl! I am 25 years old!!!!" It was obvious that the lady in the yellow hanfu dress snapped. 

The two swords on her back, somehow flew out, breaking the restraints they placed on her, but truth to be told she couldn't have escape in the first place when she was so low on energy.

Her swords smashed against the mountains once again causing a rock slide.

"God dammit! What happened?" Wondered the boss.  

Suddenly, the AI popped up within their visions.

AI: Warning, Warning, this has gone on long enough. Any conflicts of interest are to be taken to the arena and solved there!

They were all confused. "Arena?" They wondered.

AI: The Arena is a place where you "players" can spar against one other and test your skills. Not only can you place bets in the Arena, it is also a place where one can solve any conflict of interest that may arise. Such as the one that stands before me.

They nodded in understanding.

AI: Since this looks like a unsolvable problem. The AI suggest, this to be a 10 vs 1 group battle. Not only would they get the other party's wealth, their accounts would be blocked for a set period of time. Since the disparity in wealth is so great, but the battle is a 10 vs 1. We can only adjust the standards to that if the one who calls herself the "Yellow Butterfly" loses, not only would she lose all her wealth but get blocked from logging in for 10months. While if, the group that calls themselves the "Proud Wolves" were to lose, they would only be blocked for 1 month and lose all their wealth to the "Yellow Butterfly".

After giving a moment for them to think, the AI continued.

AI: So do both party accept? Yes or No?

"Yes!" 

AI: Please return to the "Continental Ark Ship # XXXXXX9" This cannot be done in virtual space. Due to the fact that Upgradeable Grade E Mechanical bodies, weren't designed to really to send back physically feedback and pain. The Galactic Alliance also wouldn't their want mechanical bodies destroying each other and wasting their money. 

The two parties quickly returned to a nearby base camp and warped back on the spacecraft. 

AI: Please, follow the guiding arrows and head towards the arena stage, there you will be hooked up in a cabin specifically designed for the mechanical body to send physical feedback back to your main body.  

As the two party reached the arena stage, on the opposite side of the arena there were cabins with a hatch opened up for them.

As they entered the cabin, wires came out and hooked up to them.

As it was still early in the release of the people of Earth, not many people knew or cared about the arena. So basically almost no one was present.

In the arena's fighting area. The projection of the two party showed up, with their respective weapons at hand.  

In their vision there was an HP bar and a MP bar.

But unbeknownst, to the party of the "Proud Wolves", the "Yellow Butterfly" discovers that there was an additional energy bar on her screen. 

It was called M.E.P. it can also be referred to as Mental Energy Points.

It wasn't there in her vision before. But she had an inking feeling she knew what it does.

With a count down of 3,2,1. The Ai announced the start of the battle.

AI: 3! 2! 1! Battle Start!

"Get her! boys!" Shouted the party leader of the proud wolves.

They all charged out against her with their weapons.

"Fire!"

Even though weapons were fired and weapons were slashed out.

The one known as the Yellow Butterfly still managed to dodge all their sloppy attacks.

She took out her sword, at the first thug and slashed off his arm.

"ARGGGG"

"This pain...It hurts..."

"Grow up, it isn't like you actually lost an arm for real, it only felt like it."

They continued banishing their weapons against her. Even though she managed to slice a few of them down. They still out numbered her. Until she was surrounded. 

"We got you now little girl!"

Ticked off once again. She shouted!

"I am not a little girl how many times I got to tell you this!"

Her M.E.P. suddenly drained, her two swords suddenly flew out from both of her hands.

"What!!!" The proud wolves were surprised at what was happening.

It was like the swords have a mind of their own.

The Yellow Butterfly weaved her two hands up and down, she was controlling her swords while they were flying around.

Due to the sudden surprise attack, the group panic, and lost quickly their lives.

"Arghhh!" Said the last of the thug. Before they were forcibly logged out.

AI: Winner "Yellow Butterfly"!  

 

Author's Notes

Hello, Lostcattears here.

I have a patreon, and it have goals for faster and more constant releases.

https://www.patreon.com/lostcattears

Please don't steal my work, if you do... don't ever put it on those predatory sites... you know which ones...

If you were to steal my work at least leave up the "Author's note" so people can actually know where to support me so I can actually continue writing. In fact if you are stealing and doing it with an intent to profit, which I hope no one does, at least join my patreon.

Though really, that is only if I ever get big enough to go after anyone...

4