Chapter 18 Storming the Pack
30 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week quickly went by, Issac finally returned from his vacation.

"How was your vacation?" Roger asked Issac as soon as he went online.

"It was fantastic, I didn't have to worry about cautiously spending money this time around."

"Did your kid enjoy it?"

"My kid was having a blast, he was playing with his mom everyday and enjoying all the amusement the place has to offer. Everyday, he would play and eat to his fullest and crash in bed sleeping at night while smiling." 

"Fantastic! Now that you are all refresh get back here quick! We need to get back to grinding quick and save up some money, after we spent most of it on upgrades the last time around."  

"Why, what is the rush?" 

Roger promptly sent Issac a link, to the tournament page? 

"What is it? Oh, did you join the pvp tournament? Oh, I see what you are planning on doing. But what does that have to do with me?"

"Because I signed you up as well." Roger smiled.

 "You what?! You know I hate pvp, I am a specialist at range, but when people close in on me especially people on the high end, I would usually get clobbered." Issac pout.  

"Nah, you aren't that bad using range weapons close up."

"You don't understand, there is no flexibility using range weapons up close."

 "Don't worry about it, there is nothing wrong with having a little fun in a tournament, besides there is no downside to joining." 

"I guess." 

"Anyways, lets get going the rest of the party is already in the area waiting for us." 

 Once again, the two left for the region of the fire hounds. On the way there, Roger got curious about the upgrades Issac had gotten. 

"By the way what upgrades did you get?" Roger asked while curiously looking at Issac.

"You tell me first."

"Sure, I got physical and magical impact resistance, peak grade E body material strengthen, and a zone concentrated self recovery enhancement upgrades."

"Oh, sounds like we don't have to hold back anymore."

"That is right, so what did you get?"

"You will find out when we start fighting the fire hounds."

"Tell me!"

"This is what you get for forcibly signing me up for a tournament that I wanted no part of. Hmph"

Short afterwards, the two reached their destination.  

No longer was the party alone, in the area.

There were several other groups, in the area as well. No one knew where they came from but they knew that this was eventually going to happen.

The groups in the area were trying to mimic the actions of Issac and Roger, but had a much lower success rate. 

Unlike, the pair, the other parties required 2 people up front, while their range users is one that uses a laser rather then a bow.

Because laser weapons losses energy, the further they are shot from. The parties usually choose a spot closer to the hounds, but in return this allows the hounds to call for allies quicker, if not careful they might end up calling hundreds of hounds to attack the party and people in the surroundings as well.   

"Where are we going?" Wondered one of the party members.

"Why aren't we heading back to our usual area?" Another asked.

"Because, we don't need to hide, and play it safe anymore." Roger said.

The other party members were all confused besides Issac.

 The group from a far watched Roger and Issac head into a pack of hundreds of hounds.

That is right, they headed into a pack of hundreds, yes including Issac the one that should have taken a back seat as well. 

Some of the nearby parties sneered at the two players. Wondering if the two are suicidal.  

As soon as the two, were nearing the pack Issac sudden disappeared from sight.

"Huh" A few people were rubbing their eyes, if they were seeing things.

The camouflaged, Issac made the first move. Quickly drawing 3 arrows for crowd control. 

At first even though the hounds acknowledged the existence of Issac and Roger heading towards them they had no fear, they were wondering if prays were just giving themselves up to them. Some of them were even rolling around in the dirt. But as soon as the 3 arrows exploded at once they quickly knew that wasn't the case.

The camouflaged Issac didn't hold back and was raining arrows everywhere. He was quickly sidestepping all of the hounds without creating a sound, while they were all focused on Roger.

Roger went crazy on the hounds, no longer was he worried about his defense.

With his body material completely strengthen to the peak of Grade E, the damage he was receiving was negligible. Even though the hounds were weaken, blinded, and lost their sense of smell due to the continuous rain of arrows, that seemed to come from every single direction possible, there were quite a few of them that managed to latch onto Roger.   

Roger currently had roughly around 4-5 hounds at a time hanging from him. While biting his body, they were also trying to burn him thru, cooking him alive. It was almost completely ineffective. Roger managed to power through all the hounds around him.  

"Hack, Slash, Hack, Slash"

"Wooof!!! Grrrrr!!!! Wooffff!!!" 

Just to stop Roger, the hounds didn't even mind friendly fire. There were so many around Roger, that instead of using his shield as a defense piece of equipment, he used it like a shovel, shoveling the mass of them away to the side and blasting them into the air. When a part of his body couldn't handle the stress, he used a concentrated self recovery the on the spot. 

He was like a bulldozer, he was unstoppable. 

At one point, there were so many surrounding him. Holding his shield like a frisbee, he supercharged it, and toss it slicing each and every hound in a arc.  

At that point in time, even the hounds started fearing Roger. They were no longer crowding around him like before, instead they were cowering instead, afraid to even get close to him.  

At the back of the pack of hounds was their leader. 

It had a look of anger at the cowering hounds that were afraid to attack Roger. 

"WOOF!" The leader of the pack of hundreds of hounds made a move. 

The hounds that were surrounding Roger suddenly backed off.

Their leader stepped up.

"It seems that he wants a one on one battle with you Roger." Issac said as he was still, camouflaged. 

"Looks like it, if that is what it wants then that is what it will get." Roger was looking forward to this battle. 

Roger point at their leader and waved his hand in a provoking manner.

"Come on, let's do this." Roger smirked at the hound.

"WOOF!"

The hound was obviously angered at the provoking action that Roger made. 

Unlike a regular hound, the hound's pack leader was obviously larger in size compared to the other hounds. Its skin was redder as well.

Before the battle began, it shouted towards the sky.

"AWOOO!"

The area started getting hotter and hotter.

Suddenly, the hound was set ablaze, it was coated with a amour of flames. 

The hound pounced against Roger's shield, the flames overpowered the energy shield produced by the tool. It used it fangs and bite on to his shield. 

"Crack"

The shield suddenly lost half its function. 

"Dammit!" Roger shouted.

The sword on his right hand glowed and started covering itself with the water element.

"Get off, of me!"

Lifting with his legs, he gradually lifted the hound off of the ground.

The hound was actually in shock unlike with the smaller hounds, Roger was currently taking all of its weight all onto one hand. It currently expected itself to weight as much as 10 regular hounds. 

He smashed the Fire Hound's pack leader into the ground. It smashed so hard into the ground that it managed to bounce several feet away.

Roger's sword was currently swirling with a jet stream of water. Making it razor sharp. 

The hound was currently still in a faze from the smash, and before it could get a second comeback, the water jet cutting blade tore through its defensed created by the fire. As you people all know water puts out fire. So it was no surprise that it easily pierced through the hound, and before the hound even had the chance to be shocked that its defense was so easily broken through, it died.

The remainder of the hounds immediately ran away, as soon as their leader died.

While Roger was in the heat of battle, the surrounding parties was left speechless. While they were speechless they suddenly received a message with a contract from Issac. Basically offering them the same conditions as the others in the party, and whatever leftovers they kill instead of being split 5/3/2 it would be 5/5 credit split for the weaken hounds.  

"Yosh!" Roger cried.

3