Chapter 24 On The Run
38 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the other party now being unable to move. It was over for them.

It was painstaking obvious that the invisible one never upgraded their defenses even once.

"Let go of me." The Invisible One said in a quiet voice.

Roger was actually a bit shocked because he believe this might actually be the first time that The Invisible One actual spoke albeit in a very quiet tone.

"Hahaha, I would be stupid if I let you go now."

"You are going to regret this."

"No, I won't. Goodbye."

With that said, Roger lifted up his sword and stab through the invisible one.

Suddenly, the entire audience gasp.

As soon as his sword pierced the invisible one's own energy core reactor, their invisibility cloaking mechanism stop functioning.

What was revealed shocked the audience like no other contestant has.

Unlike what others may have expected, the invisible one was actually a young woman with 2 pigtails hanging from her head. Mainly dressed in the color teal, wearing a sleeveless top and a skirt.

That is right, she's whose known as "Hatsune Miku" one of the world's top musical idols of the last decade and Roger had just killed her in front of millions of people.

AI: Winner Roger!

For a brief period of time there was total silence.

Even Roger was a bit stun at what he has done. As much of a shut in Roger was even he has heard of the name Hatsune Miku. He was eventually sent back in his frozen state of mind.

When he disappeared, the audience came back to life.

"The nerve of that guy!"

"Who told me that "Hatsune Miku" was a perverted old man come and show yourselves! I have got a bone to pick with you!"

"Death to Roger!"

With a burning fiery passion in a certain group eyes they chanted.

"Must kill!, Must kill!, Must kill!" 

Just as the heat on Roger was dying down, it was reignited like a wildfire.

When Roger was back in the waiting room he knew he had to leave now! Lucky the matches for the day was already over and this time he didn't forget to leave a message for Lily explaining what had happened.

After leaving a note behind he immediately logged off.

"I need to hide, until this blows overs. But where?" Roger said as he currently had a look of regret on his face.

He decided to call Issac for some advice.

Pick up already, pick up!

"Yo, Roger what is up. We made a ton of alliance credit. Great job!" When Issac was speaking he couldn't stop grinning with his mouth.

In the background Issac's kid could be heard.

"Daddy, Daddy, Daddy." The kid said and then pointed at the screen.

"Uncle Roger, is a bad man, he hurt Miku chan. I saw it on T.V."

"No, no, no, your uncle Roger was only playing pretend don't believe everything you see on T.V."

"Ok."

...

"So, what do you need?"

"I need a place to hide right now! Can I come over?" 

Issac suddenly turned his head, he was speaking to his wife.

"If it was any other time, my wife would of agreed. But this is all I have to say to you my friend. Run my friend! Run away as fast as you can!"

Issac just up and ended the call.

"What type of friend are you?! Abandoning me when I needed you the most. I thought we were in this together." Roger said as he threw his phone on his bed.

He immediately went packing his things. It was a great thing Roger didn't own much. So he managed to stuff all his important things into a backpack. Leaving just his body maintenance cabin and desktop computer behind.

Being all paranoid as he currently was, Roger wore his face mask and sun glasses and before leaving his room he could of sworn he heard several helicopters and flying cars combing his neighborhood.

As he head down his apartment, like always he was greeted by the receptionist.

"Hey, Roger. What is the hurry?" 

"I am on the run, can't talk. Bye."

"What is up with Roger? Did he murder someone or commit a crime against humanity or something? I mean I haven't seen him leaving the apartment in well over a week, I guess he might be low on supply, but doesn't he always just order it online?"

After he thought about things for a moment and just assume it as Roger just being strange like always.

...

About an hour later, a large crowd could be seen slowly gathering around Roger's apartment building. No one knew how, but someone discovered where Roger lived and spilled the beans. 

They were all wearing teal color outfits and geared with headbands and glow sticks in their hands. After they all gathered they started shouting. 

"Get that man, out here!"

"Show yourself!"

"How dare you hurt our Miku chan?!" 

The receptionist had heard the the shouting, and immediately went outside to see what was happening. There were hundreds of people outside of the apartment building, cars were blocking the road and traffic was building up.

The receptionist's eyes went wide before asking. 

"What is going on?"

"That man must pay!"

"Who are you talking about?" 

"A sloppy middle age looking man name Roger!"

So this is why Roger was in such a rush.

"What did he do exactly?"

"He killed Hatsune Miku!"

"Huh? The idol? But she doesn't even live anywhere close to here."

"He killed her in a Pvp tournament!"

"..."

"It is not like she actually died, anyways do you guys have a warrant? If you don't you must leave this property immediately." 

"Just bring him out of here."

"Buzz, Buzz, Buzz."

"Hello? Hi, manager. You are telling me to hand Roger over to the mob to appease the crowd?" 

As soon as the crowd heard that it felt like they were blessed.

"But, I saw him leave the building over an hour ago where am I suppose to find him?"

Suddenly one of Miku chan's fan grabbed the receptionist.

"Where did he go?! You better not be hiding him."

 "Please calm down, I have surveillance video footage to prove it. Where he is going? I have no clue but it did look like he packed a few days worth of clothing with him." 

"Dammit he escaped! Move out! Comb threw the area! He could still be hiding."

"Sir, Yes sir!"

"For Miku!" 

As soon as the receptionist cleared the area he raised his hand and weaved it in a cross motion. As if he was praying to god the receptionist said. "May you rest in peace, Roger."  

...

Where was Roger now after an hour had passed, some may wonder.

Well, with his level of stamina not very far. He was currently in a public park's bathroom that was around the neighborhood. Knowing he was going to get caught soon if he didn't change how he looked.

Truth to be told he didn't know what would happen to him if he got caught, but never the less, he didn't want to find out. Standing in front of the bathroom's mirror, with a pair of scissors in his hand, he went to work. 

"Sigh, my hair that grew out in case I ever become a superstar."

But who was he kidding, his hair only became that long because he was to lazy to cut it. And now because of a real superstar, he was on the run and his bed hair is a dead give away that is why he is cutting it now.    

"Snip, Snip, Snip" 

As Roger was cutting his hair and saw how much hair that fell, he sigh once more. "Was it worth it?" He thought about it for a moment then looked back at his bank account app. "Totally." 

After cutting his hair and giving it a quick rinse, he cleaned up the place to make sure no one notice anything different in here. Putting back on his sunglasses and mask, he faced the mirror once again.

"Hmm, Not bad if I do say so myself." 

Though it wasn't the cleanest haircut that one can give oneself, he does look like a completely different person now. 

As soon as he left the public bathroom, he looked up and what he saw shocked him half to death. There were currently flying cars and planes all over his neighborhood, with no doubt in his mind, they were all looking for him.   

With the amount of people searching for him in the area, eventually he ran into someone.

"Hey you!" Said a person wearing a teal colored outfit. 

"Me?" Inwardly Roger panic a little.

"Yea, you. Have you seen this guy in this photo around?"

"Nope, I don't think I have, what did he do?"

"He killed our Miku chan!"

"What? How dare him! I will make sure to keep my eyes peeled out for him!"

"Thank you, Bye." 

 "Whew. That was close, I thought I got caught for a second there." Roger said as he wiped some sweat off of his forehead. 

"Time to go hide in a internet café. Until this blows over." 

2