Chapter 26 When Fist Aren’t Enough
98 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AI: Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen, to the Final Day of the tournament.

As the AI was going through the tournament ceremonial announcements, in the waiting, Lily was currently scolding Roger. After the last round of the tournament yesterday, Lily had left dozen of messages for Roger, but he left them all unanswered as he was running away. Even until he fell asleep he still forgotten to check his messages.

Can you blame him? Well of course you can. But since Roger was living alone for so many years, he has forgotten what it was like to be cared for by another person, that is why he usually gets to such messages quite a bit later or just ups and forgets about it entirely.

Lily was currently shaking Rogers body back and forth.

"Big brother Roger this is the only way things get through to you, you won't get it unless I confront you face to face about things. This is for your own good that I am scolding you right now. Got it?"

Down on his knees, Roger shook his head agreeing to everything that Lily had to say.

While scolding him, Lily was looked at Roger and was thinking to herself, "Brother Roger looks so good with short hair, I got to save plenty of photos of him."

While being scolded, Roger thought to himself that it didn't even felt that long ago, that it was suppose to be him on the opposite side of the spectrum teaching, encouraging Lily to do better, and sharing life lessons with her.

As the AI was finishing it's speech, Lily finally stopped her scolding. In fact she felt proud of herself that she even puffed up her chest for doing something she has never done before.

"Ok, it is time, we better get going. I will see you later Brother Roger." Said Lily as she was leaving, waved her arm.

Even though Roger wasn't in the waiting room physically with his real body, but when he got up from his knees, his legs were shaken.

"I haven't been scolded like that since I was a kid." Thought Roger as he was mentally shaken to his core. Somewhere inside of him, he felt something he hasn't felt in decades.

"Well, it is time to greet my opponent for my match today." Roger said as he strode towards his battle arena cabin.

...

AI: For our 5th match of the day, coming from the left, I present to you the one that has been said to have been blessed by his tribe's totem animal spirits, the warrior of the native Americans, the Warlord!

Dressed in a traditional native American tribal outfit covered in feathers, he had two huge axes on his back as he walks onto the stage.

AI: And coming from the right, I don't know how he has done it, time and time again he exceeds all expectations! Hated throughout the world, Roger!

Roger hopped onto the stage and starting waving both his hands up high, as he wanted people to notice him more.

"Tear, him to shreds Warlord!"

"Make him pay!"

"Take him down for Miku!"

As the Warlord heard all of the shouts directed in favor of him, he started taking off the top piece of his outfit. Only for it to reveal a teal green fan shirt of Hatsune Miku!

Roger stared at him with eyes wide open.

"Out of all the people I could have encounter... I had to fight someone like him."

"..."

After revealing his love for his idol, the Warlord pointed his finger at Roger.

"For Miku, and all of her fans in this world, I swear I will take you down! I will go all out from the very beginning!"

The Warlord suddenly started chanting as the AI began its countdown to the start of the match.

"Oh, ancestral spirits of my tribe, grant me power to slay this sinner before me! Come and instill in me with the power of the Black Bear!"  

The a mysterious gust of wind started swirling in the arena above the head of the Warlord. Suddenly a cry of a bear could be heard.

"Roarrrrrr!!!!" 

 "Black Bear Spirit Possession!" 

A imagine of a black bear super imposed itself onto the warlord, making him seem bigger then he really is.

"What the!" Roger cried and stared in shock. 

AI: 3...2...1... Fight! 

The Warlord pulled out his two Axe from behind his back, and each step he taken made it seem as the Arena was shaking. 

Wasting no time at all Roger prepared to confront him.

"Come! Show me what you got!" 

"I am going show you the difference between those that are bless and those that are not!"

The Warlord's Axe struck against Roger's shield from above. 

"What is this? How come he has so much strength? Could it be that he really gained power from a spirit?" Roger thought.

The ground started making small cracks as the confrontation continued on. For the first time since the tournament started Roger was actually taking things seriously. Even in the previous matches Roger has actually never used all of his strength. 

The people in the audience started looking at the match with eyes wide open!

"Huh? How come things seem so intense all of a sudden?"

"Each blow they are unleashing seems to be at maximum strength at what the grade E mechanical body would allow. But how is that possible?"

"Were we being scammed! Neither of them in the past matches have ever unleashed so much strength before!" 

...

"Come on Roger. Don't lose!" You told me this would have been an easy match." Issac prayed.

"You can do it Big Brother Roger." Lily said as she watched the match from the waiting room.

... 

"Not bad, looks like this spirit isn't enough to take you down, but how about this one!"

Once again the Warlord started chanting as he faces off against Roger.

"Oh, ancestral spirits of my tribe, I call upon thee "White wolf!" Grant me speed to over take this sinner, and rip his head off!" 

The Warlord backed off from Roger for a moment and got on both his arms and legs. He cried "White Wolf Spirit Possession!" 

"Awhoooooo!!!!" The imagine of a white wolf was sudden super imposed onto his position as the black bear disappear from his side.

"I wonder, can you still keep up with me now?" Said the Warlord with a smug look on his face.

The Warlord sudden disappeared from Roger's sight, before appearing right besides him. His Axes were no longer in his hands but back on his back.

Due to sudden difference in tactics used by the Warlord, Roger was caught off guard and was cut on his sides.

"Huh. Extreme speed?" 

After images of the Warlord in his wolf form started circling Roger, making it seem like he was preparing to take another bite out of Roger.

"Well, so far it doesn't look like this guy actually know how to Pvp at all and that he made it this far purely due to overwhelming his opponents with a strange power that maximize his abilities in 1 category. If he still had that power with the black bear that last strike would have most likely ended me. But it didn't."

In his wolf form the Warlord was looking at Roger for an opening and wasn't just blindly charging in, but what he didn't know was that the longer he waited the more time Roger had to recover from his previous damage due to his recovery ability.  

Due to the Warlord's straight forward movements, Roger easily anticipated his moves. By using the most compact movements against his charges the damage done to him lessened. Even though Roger managed to block most of the Warlord's attacks, his own attacks were hitting not but air! He was simply to fast! 

What was worst was, the Warlord's energy level seems to be limitless even though every action he took should theatrically cost far more energy then what Roger has been using.

"Don't tell me do those spirits provides him with energy as well?! Crap this won't do I must think of something quick or I am going to lose this match." 

...

"Are you guys seeing what I am seeing? The Warlord is overwhelming Roger!"

"Do it! Crush him! For Miku!"

"Roger must die!"

...

"It is time to end this!" Shouted the Warlord.

"Crap, what is he going to be doing this time." 

"Oh, great ancestral spirits of my tribe, the one that reigns at the top of the totem. The ruler of the skies Brown Hawk! Guided by the winds, with claws as sharp as knives, vision that can see all around thee."

"Brown Hawk Spirit Possession!"

"Keeerrrr!"

The Warlord suddenly took flight!

"What! Hey that is cheating! I like to report a hacker AI."

AI: Request denied. 

The Warlord dived at Roger and sent him flying backwards and with his two axes he started throwing them like a boomerang.

"Whoosh"

Roger had his back cornered, unable to figure out what to do. 

 

3