Chapter 14 The End of Metanoia
27 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“To see is different from to understand. To know is different from to acknowledge”

-William Woods, a child who had found his way back home

 

William felt like he was floating in the air, his consciousness as clear as it was hazy. He saw visions of the Hollow Wood with the Eldritch now gone and sealed unto the Abyss.

The Abyss had shrunk smaller and the parts of the forest that was swallowed back then returned back to their full glory.

He watched the Sephiroths resting in Nidus and giving thanks for the salvation of their land, yet they also mourned the loss of one of their kind. The Chief knelt on the grave with a bouquet of orange Lilies and Daffodils. 

He listens to the Cetos celebrating within their underwater domain for the preservation of their beloved home away from the hands of the Abyss. He saw as Zula smiled at him with her murky eyes.

He observes the Mundus returning to their homes in the underground city of Terrus, back to the places that were once affected by the Abyss.

William also noted the other creatures that celebrated the peace and safety that was once again brought into the land. It was sad to see how happy the creatures were to the knowledge of their creator being sealed away. But it was the price to pay for the death that the Eldritch had spread unto the land. 

But the truth of the matter was that William didn’t hate the Eldritch. True, he was in grief because it had killed Ignia. But that was to blame for the madness that had long eroded the being that was his other half.

His journey here at the Hollow Woods had taught him a lot. It has taught him that he wasn’t alone and that he would make bounds with other people as well, it had shown him that great times and friendship could live on through his memories, it unveiled to him the effects of letting grief control you and most importantly it revealed to him that the only one who was holding him back was himself. He could do so much better things and be a better person if he just let his insecurities go.

He didn’t regret arriving at the Hollow Woods and he was happy to have experienced all the marvel this place had shown him. Whether it be the good times or the bad times, he accepted them all. William didn’t move on from the death of his friend. He learned to accept it and live with it. He would always have regrets but it is important that he knows when to let go.

0